Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Auctions & Ebay Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

1up arcade £90 BIN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trev1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 4:02pm
I actually don't think they are as bad as everyone makes out. Perfect for someone's game room who's not really tech savy.
penrhos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 5:05pm
Someone's grabbed it.....
Nes4life View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nes4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 5:18pm
Not I
NES4Life
-------------
Owner of ... too many cabs!
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 5:27pm
Tony T bought it. I'm waiting for it to land on my dtiveway.

Reminds me, I must fill that petrol can and buy some matches on the way home tonight.
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk

Got cabarets? > CALL ME!
digweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by virtvic virtvic wrote:

Tony T bought it. I'm waiting for it to land on my dtiveway.

Reminds me, I must fill that petrol can and buy some matches on the way home tonight.

LOL
Wanted: Naomi Naomi Naomi spares, everything considered :)
penrhos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 5:38pm
If it'd been closer I'd have bought it for that price, might be a quick fix and stick back on eBay for a bit of profit.
mysticmonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 5:43pm
Im not mad about these. If there was some convenient way to get a crt into them Id be far more interested, but at the end of the day its just a wooden box with a small lcd and raspberry-pi thingy in them. I always say the same thing, once you take that step away from the real hardware youre getting closer and closer to just playing the games on a browser with your phone for free, meh!

Same vibe with these multi-boards like cps darksoft or whatever. Convenient and cheaper, but just not the real deal.

Gamestop was selling them off here at 200 euro here before Christmas, wasn't even tempted at that price. Might still be that price, I don't know.

Edited by mysticmonk - 10 Jan 2019 at 5:46pm
penrhos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by mysticmonk mysticmonk wrote:

Same vibe with these multi-boards like cps darksoft or whatever. Convenient and cheaper, but just not the real deal.

I think you'll find that Darksoft's Multi's play exactly like the original games once you've loaded the image.

especially the CPS3 multi.
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Call me jamma jim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 6:03pm
Someone saved me buying it. Just been to parents evening and was hovering buying it before I went in.
Got into the school and had no signal.
Was well worth the money even if you converted it to Jamma and remade the control panel.

I spoke to the owner and apparently the screen worked bjt the game wasn’t playing so after fiddling with the the screen went off. Could have been an easy fix.
Which I hadn’t thought about it and hit buy it now!!!
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted., bezerk, mad planets.
mysticmonk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by penrhos penrhos wrote:

Originally posted by mysticmonk mysticmonk wrote:

I think you'll find that Darksoft's Multi's play exactly like the original games once you've loaded the image.

especially the CPS3 multi.

Well that's it, isn't it? They might play exactly LIKE the originals, but they aren't the originals. Ive seen those darksoft boards for sale on ebay for 6 and 700 quid, or I could just play them on mame for free. Its like a no-mans land, buying original, hacked hardware only to end up downloading games onto it...

The idea rubs me the wrong way in general, just not for me :)
stegrey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 6:48pm
The good thing about these cabs.. The price new isnt so bad so people will buy them instead of all the overpriced home made ones on ebay
(Current cabs) sega rally twin,OR upright,Or2,Scud race upright,Ridge racer Dlx,Daytona Twin Dlx, New astro city,sega Naomi universal
Pins: TAF WCS94 Batman Forever

Candyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 3:18am
Overrated crap... It's the artwork that sells these things... Under that artwork, its just a vaguely designed wooden cab, no style at all, just bog standard basic design( like a modern kitchen lol ) ... at least the other crap ones on ebay have some degree of style in the design..

Seems people will buy almost anything along the lines of these things so long as the artwork looks nice (the more colourful the artwork the more they charge, looks like)......Jeez, dont get me started on those bartops on ebay, looks like people are happy drop half a grand or more on something with colourful stickers and some chrome T moulding.
Kev A View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 9:54am
Gotta be honest, I don't mind these things, they don't compare to a proper arcade cab, but my cabs are all in the garage and its too cold to play at the moment. I could probably get away with sneaking one of these into the house to play with the kids, although the RRP of £400 was ridiculous, if they start changing hands for £100 odd I might pick one up to mess around with.
big10p View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 10:19am
Not sure why people get so worked up over these. As I see it, they're for kids and allow their Dads to indulge in a bit of nostalgia. Not really aimed at collectors.

BTW, there's a 2nd wave of these coming soon, which include bartops, wall-mounted units, and a cocktail version is in development. Shocked LOL

Edited by big10p - 11 Jan 2019 at 10:23am
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 11:03am
"Arcade 1UP has announced a whole new batch of arcade machines for 2019 – with some heavy-hitters in the lineup. A Final Fight cabinet will feature not only the arcade classic beat’em up, but also Strider, 1944, and Ghosts ‘n Goblins. A Space Invaders cabinet will feature both color and black and white versions of the game. A Golden Tee cabinet will give you Golden Tee ’98, ’99, ‘2K, and Classic ’01. A Mortal Kombat cabinet gets you the first three Mortal Kombat games – but not Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, which is a bit odd. Finally, a Karate Champ cabinet gets you that game alongside Karate Champ, Bad Dudes, Burger Time, and Caveman Ninja. The Final Fight and Space Invaders cabinets will come out in February, while Golden Tee is out in June, and the Mortal Kombat and Karate Champ cabinets will be out in September."

Have to say, I know these are just aimed as high end toys, but if they flood the market like they are dreaming, these will be £99 new and £50 2nd hand everywhere...

Edited by Flinnster - 11 Jan 2019 at 11:15am

WTD: OutrunDLX, Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Wonderboy pcb
Parts WTD: Naomi wheels, Dino King Door metal clip
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 11:10am
They're also going to be selling those stools pictured, in 2 different heights.
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 11:14am
Along with the more 'classic' variants the fighting game cocktail is a 12-in-1 cab featuring both snk + capcom stuff.
The TATE layout has me confused though....

Edited by Flinnster - 11 Jan 2019 at 11:17am

virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 11:20am
Wow. Just wow. This company really are awful. Shoddy designs and look like they're getting worse.
Who the f**k plays fighting games head to head on a vertical cocktail cab like that?

I think their products being out on clearance prices so soon says it all.

I doubt you'll ever see half of those 'machines'
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk

Got cabarets? > CALL ME!
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 11:24am
You'll still get the DigDug bartop tho LOL

They are churning that license handle rather hard, and kinda just copying whats out there on ebay already .. but yeah, not a lot of soul, rather a lot of cash-in.

jinq-sea View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinq-sea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 11:32am
I'm still chuckling about them selling 'stools'. Well done, Flinnster :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic