Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Acer 15Khz LCD Monitor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chunksin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 8:15pm
Mine is the UM.WV6EE.B04 and has VGA and DVI inputs, not sure about the hdmi models. It displays a 4:3 image with bars at each side, the aspect is still slightly stretched horizontally but fine for what I need it for. If I was after one to play on properly I'd go for the Benq but this has best of both worlds for a 1080p desktop and 15khz
DaytimeDreamer View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaytimeDreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2019 at 8:24pm
I got one of these monitors. When your i3 Dell arrives I'll see how it looks on one of these and also test if it's 15khz compatible.

iamjimmi View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamjimmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 5:02pm
I really struggled finding an official spec for those Acer monitors. The wiki link shared by Big10p details Chunksin's model, but didn't include the HDMI model.

Thought I would try Acer's tech support... I knew that would be a bad call.

First issue - they can't give a spec for a model number - you must provide a serial number???!

So I bought an Acer monitor with HDMI and ran the S/N by them. No joy - tech support said no 15Khz support.

So I exchanged that monitor for the same model as Chunksin's V226HQLbid (UM. WV6EE. B04). And this time I sent the new serial number and Chunksin's (that he kindly sent to me). No joy - apparently the monitor that Chunksin can get a 15Khz signal does not support 15Khz. Neither does the one that I had just exchanged. Outstanding tech support...

So taking the Acer tech support advice with a pinch of salt, I opened the box and tried the monitor - no problem at all running a 15kHz signal.

A bit of a frustrating journey, but the ending is happy!

Edited by iamjimmi - 15 Apr 2019 at 5:04pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic