ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Valuations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Analogue CMVS Neogeo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoopster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Analogue CMVS Neogeo
    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 9:30am
Bit of a tricky one to value due to hens teeth status but looking to get some opinions.

It’s an Analogue CMVS (ash rather than black wood) with one wooden controller; one OG neogeo MVS controller and a 161 in 1 multicart. The CMVS is in really good condition and looks gorgeous. No box.

Only considering selling as I don’t play many games on it and I recklessly just purchased another CRT for vertical games.

Thanks
John
Amb47uk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amb47uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 10:44am
I've seen these analogue CMVS multiple times for £600-£800 range on ebay over the last couple of years pal. (Base console and controller that is)

161 in 1 - £35
Not sure what you mean by OG MVS controller. If you mean OG AES controller. - £50-60
Monkeykong1 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeykong1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 11:55am
I sold mine for £630 posted with one official wooden contoller and one original Neo geo contoller and a 161 multi cart.
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeykong1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 11:57am
actually just realised you brought it off me and it hasnt gone up in value.
neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Monkeykong1 Monkeykong1 wrote:

actually just realised you brought it off me and it hasnt gone up in value.

LOL

Amb47uk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amb47uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 12:25pm
Your answer right here
zoopster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoopster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 7:03am
Up for sale. And yes the price is higher than what I originally purchased it for. It's gorgeous so I make no bones about the price! 

Edited by zoopster - 10 Jul 2019 at 7:04am
Amb47uk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amb47uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 8:34am
I think its a bit cheeky you bought it from a member here less than a year ago at a forum friendly price, now you want to sell it for £170 (25%) more back to the same community.

But hey ho.

Edited by Amb47uk - 10 Jul 2019 at 8:58am
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeykong1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 9:19am
It’s really cheeky, he tried to get it as low as £600. I eventually accepted £630 posted due to a lack of a scart cable.

I only went that low as it was going to be loved, treasured pride of place.

Now it’s back at £800. Maybe if anyone offers £600 he’ll accept as that’s what others are expected to do.
zoopster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoopster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 9:41am
First off no one is being forced to buy the console. I did negotiate a good price at the time of buying but it was bought in good faith and has been pride of place. BUT the reality is that I didn't use the console much. 

Also we all know that is this was listed on ebay - and not the forum - it would sell for more than the offered price. 

Finally, it clearly states open to offers. I'm expecting someone to negotiate. This isn't John Lewis!
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 9:51am
Bad form my friend. If you bought for a forum friendly price then you should sell at the same price on here imo.

If you want to make a quick buck, put on ebay without making it obvious it's the same one.

I personally would have offered it on here for £630. If nobody wanted after a few weeks, put on ebay for £1000 with best offer. Fair game then

Edited by neo-geo-mvs - 10 Jul 2019 at 9:51am
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 9:53am
Monkeykong1 I would delete your posts on the for sale section if I was you. Don't want to get banned.
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeykong1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 10:25am
Well I offered him £630 as I wouldn’t mind it back but, he wants 750
steling1 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steling1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 3:18pm
Amb47uk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amb47uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 3:55pm
That will teach you to be generous and kind to strangers on the internet wont it Monkeykong1!

In all seriousness it absolutely blows OP that you wouldn't sell it back to him for the price you bought it at - less than year ago!

This community stops working if everyone behaves just like you.

BTW Make sure you add yourself a special 25% premium (on top) if you ever consider buying something from me.
Kriseric View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kriseric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 5:45pm

Who knew the stock market for wooden Neo Geos was so volatile? LOL

But seriously, flipping is bad and hurts communities like this one.

Looking for unusual / homebrew MVS carts: Ghostlop, Ironclad, Knights Chance, Gunlord, etc.
zoopster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoopster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 6:18pm
Flipping is when something is done deliberately. That was not the case here. Although my understanding is that it has been known to happen with cabs thus the obvious sensitivity.

The error for want of a better word was to resell on UKVAC so soon after the initial purchase at a higher price.

Now if someone can led me a bull whip I’ll flagellate myself down the street for a few hours!
Amb47uk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amb47uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 8:03pm
Just saying, if it wasn't deliberate, you could have sold it back to him when he offered.

Instead you asked for £120 more from the same guy who generously sold you it.

What goes around comes around buddy.

Edited by Amb47uk - 11 Jul 2019 at 8:11pm
robotech View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 10:27pm
Daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lets go away
zoopster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoopster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 11:00pm
The only reason to sell was to raise enough cash to cover other purchases. I need to raise around 750 which is what I said I would accept under the offer clause.

Anyway let’s draw a line under it. No laws we’re broken and no puppies were killed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic