ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anyone ever used these guys for monitor repair?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Anyone ever used these guys for monitor repair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone ever used these guys for monitor repair?
    Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 10:06am
Retro Leisure Midlands Ltd in Shrewsbury, Shropshire

Wondering if anyone has ever used them in the past for monitor repair?

https://rlml.co.uk/arcade-repairs/

They are quite close to me and would eliminate the need for an epic drive across country to take my monitor to some of the very helpful members on the forums that do monitor repair

Edited by namfreak - 15 Mar 2019 at 10:06am
Carvaletingpro View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carvaletingpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 10:12am
you can Post stuff to Grant AKA Gunblade, I've used him and it was a great service from start to finish, never used RLML, so couldn't comment.
namfreak View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 10:34am
Thanks, I've messaged Grant but putting a valuable vector monitor in the hands of a courier is the last thing on my mind

I really don't want to go down that route

Much prefer to drive my CRT there and back in the safety of my own car!
Rasputin View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rasputin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 10:59am
Grant is the goto person for monitor chassis repair and servicing, he's fixed a few for me.
Warrior needs food badly!
Equites View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chief Sheesher®

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Equites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:04am
What vector monitor do you have that needs attention?
Atari PCB's (and most non-Atari), AR2's, Vector Deflection/HV boards repaired & refurbished.
Wanted: Non-working Atari PCBs.
ChrisN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 11:41am
I'd certainly be interested in finding out options available for taking a complete monitor somewhere for repair as mine could do with some TLC and probably just some setting up etc.
You have sustained a lethal injury. Sorry, but you are finished here
Del Griffith View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del Griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:16pm
I didn’t think gunblade did vectors, Has he started ?

Don’t know about the company mentioned but you’d be better if sending the chassis to Equites for a refurb, At least that way you can be sure it’s in someone’s hands who knows what he’s doing
Wanted street fighter 1 electrocoin cab
richmal View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richmal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:39pm
Isn’t Retro Leisure “anj” who is or was a member here.
I bought a few monitors from him a few years ago and he knew what he was talking about and had a good test bench.
namfreak View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote namfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:42pm
Thanks all. PM sent to Equities. He certainly seems relatively close to me

RLML have responded to their web page enquiry stating it (vectors?) are not something thy tend to work on

But they did refer me to Gunblade

Edited by namfreak - 15 Mar 2019 at 12:46pm
chubsta View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chubsta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 2:18pm
Ive taken quite a few monitors to Gunblade over the years and as well as doing a great job at a great price, he is a decent guy who is happy to show you how to do stuff - definitely recommended!
Selling up and movin' on...
Del Griffith View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del Griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 2:49pm
A definite thumbs up for gunblade from me to, He repaired a nanao for me and is a great guy to deal with and very quick but as mentioned above don’t think he does vectors
Wanted street fighter 1 electrocoin cab
Monstermug View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 4:43pm
I don't mind fixing it for you if you want?  Is it b&w vector or colour? Equites can fix vector monitors too but you seem to have ignored his question.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic