Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Blast City monitor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blast City monitor
    Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 9:49pm
Hi folks,

Myself and my cabs are going to be on the road in a few months (Revivial, etc), so I figured I should get around to getting my Blast City running again.
The monitor is the MS2930 (I believe, it's the non-OSD version), and a while back it lost blue. If tap the metal frame the chassis sits on, I get flickers of blue, so I'm assuming a bad solder joint somewhere. Are there any particular areas I should be looking at for this, or just have a bloody good look at the chassis?
I'm not sure if this is worth pointing out, but it has suffered from the so-called "goop of death", which I'm led to believe is the potting compound from the linearity coil, but it's been like that since I bought it 6-ish years ago, and never had any issues until now. Embarrassed

As always, thanks for any input. Smile
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my sanity the most.
big10p View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 10:03pm
Think first thing I'd check would be the neck pins and sockets, then check through the blue circuit for a dry joint. I'm no expert, though. Smile

Oh, and check the signal connector is good.

Edited by big10p - 14 Mar 2019 at 10:07pm
WANTED: Sega Cash Cube CP end plate. Click me for details!
cosine View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 4:54pm
Signal connector is good as far as I can tell, will check the rest on the chassis though, once I break my back removing the monitor from the cab. Ouch

Cheers Smile

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my sanity the most.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic