Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

cab outside

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cab outside
    Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 9:25pm
now that its summer I think it would be nice to have a knock about cab for night time gaming under 
a lean to...   a cab  that if there was a monsoon  and it got a little wet around the gills  it would matter 
to much.. 

like in the film last starfighter the cab is outside..

a sort of semi aquatic  beast with silicon sealant inside the joint to water proof it
davey d View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 9:49pm
It isn't just water (rain) directly getting on to the cab you need to worry about. It's the humidity of the air that can cause damage too
Retroman839 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 10:16pm
My mum feeds the birds and our neighbors
Have complained that it encourages rats, which have apparently according to neighbors car mechanic have chewed through Her electric cables in her cough cough ( ex leas hire ) golf! It cost a fortune apperantly to fix
What ratty has done!   That little bugger ??
So I need to be carful of rats and mice too! I guess
lix View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 11:21pm
I got a few of these the other day, I'm thinking of putting an LCD behind the glass and a Pandoras Box in it stuck on Space Invaders as it already has the left and right buttons. Just a bit of Ronseal on the wood and I reckon it could go out in the rain. Might not be mouse proof though.

User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 11:30pm
I say go for it but only summer mode
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 11:31pm
Keep it on a table out of Mouses reach?
IanH View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 3:35am
As long as its kept as dry as you manage and you wouldn't mind if it died then for for it, I'd be tempted to build a bodge mame cab with a old pc / rPi in it so you wouldn't damage a good gameboard, and maybe flat screen so you don't have to worry about the HV trying to escape
robotech View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 6:17am
Maybe a mame cab setup with all the pc ppwer supply ect kept inside and run cables to the outside cab and just have the joystick and lcd screen outside in a jeneric jamma cab

As others have said the mosture in the air will be a problem
The cabs in films are in places where it dosent rain much or fake
Daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lets go away
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic