Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Candy Cab General Enquiry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DABYX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Candy Cab General Enquiry
    Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 4:36pm
Hey guys,

Hope you're all doing well.

Just wondered how much Candy Cabs go for in the UK and how often the opportunity comes up.
The missus has expressed interest but I wouldn't even know where to begin!

Last I was on here I think some guys got a few imported and shipped over?

Thanks for any info.

Mike
Wishlist;
Kiki Kaikai, Eyes, Cosmic Alien, Legend of Valkyrie, Ninja Emaki,Redline Racer, The Wiz, Sega Ninja, Gaiapolis
_Matt_ View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 4:46pm
Check the for sale section as a member sold a few Blast citys the other day for £850. I think he said he will have more for sale in the future.

Mo from videotronics has some as well.
Sbdesign View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 5:20pm
they are available on average - most of the time, but less and less.
So some times 5 in a week, some times none for a month.
Prices usually from £5/600 (sheds) and up.  

What to buy? what to sell?
DABYX View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DABYX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 6:01pm
Ta guys.

Thought they were around 600+ but that was a couple years ago.

Thought they were harder to get ahold of! I'll be sure to check in here more often then.

Thanks again. Smile
Wishlist;
Kiki Kaikai, Eyes, Cosmic Alien, Legend of Valkyrie, Ninja Emaki,Redline Racer, The Wiz, Sega Ninja, Gaiapolis
mozie View Drop Down
User
User

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 6:16pm
Since g60hot and other have started bringing in regular containers I would have said they were easier to get than ever before although like everything else retro related prices have gone up in the past couple of years, particularly the rarer ones, put up a wanted post on here and contact g60hot to see what’s in stock or on the way, there’s also someone selling Aeros refurbished or not on the forums here too might have a few left

Edited by mozie - 01 Aug 2020 at 6:18pm
DABYX View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DABYX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 6:40pm
Brill thanks for the extra details mozie.

Will have to relay to the ball and chain first ha!

Probably have to look more into them in general too. More of a woody/pinball head.
Wishlist;
jugemscloud View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jugemscloud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 7:30pm
various sega candy in good condition can be had for under 1000, you could probably get a decent/good naomi for around 600, but the low end on most other manufacturers/models is about 1200 these days.

there is/was aeros for sale in spain at 850 (different seller from the one mentioned i think the uk seller sold all the ones they had)

Edited by jugemscloud - 01 Aug 2020 at 7:31pm
neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 7:42pm
The Blast City cabs at £850 were a good deal. Just make sure the monitor is suitable for your gaming needs as some are only 31 khz.

If you want to use jamma and JVS, get a multisync/trisync monitor.

Sure somebody can give/explain better on these things
GarageNation View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GarageNation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by neo-geo-mvs neo-geo-mvs wrote:

The Blast City cabs at £850 were a good deal. Just make sure the monitor is suitable for your gaming needs as some are only 31 khz.

If you want to use jamma and JVS, get a multisync/trisync monitor.

Sure somebody can give/explain better on these things

I thought all blast city's come with tri/sync monitors? Or am I wrong. 
g60hot View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g60hot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 1:10pm
Blasts are indeed tri-sync, lovely cabs
Shun View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 4:46pm
On the cheaper end of the scale, aren't Naomi Universals around £400 depending on the hardware and the monitor that is included? The Sanwa or Nanao monitors that are usually installed are 31Khz VGA only though. Thats good for Naomi hardware or a PC, but not for Jamma boards.
DABYX View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DABYX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2020 at 7:18pm
Looks like I'm going to have to do some reading on this!
Thanks for all the help guys. Now I just gotta keep the idea set ha!
Wishlist;
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic