ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Centipede Cabaret REDUCED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Centipede Cabaret REDUCED
    Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 3:57pm

EDIT:

Centipede cabaret £1000 firm (REDUCED)

Fully working

Brand new formica woodgrain sides (not crappy plastic vinyl)

Brand new repro CPO

New trackball and fire button

Brand new smooth t-moulding

Coin door needs work

Spare (untested) board included

Moved to clean and dry storage today

Brand-new Suzo-Happ coin door included in sale

Asteroids cocktail £850 firm (SOLD)

Fully working

Super-clean, crisp and bright monitor bought from bonehead

PCB recently bought from Tony Temple

Recommissioned by AK Amusements

New buttons

New monitor bezel included

Moved to clean and dry storage today

NB. Priced at a point where what they actually owe me meets what I consider to be fair. Which is a roundabout way of saying that I'll be taking a small hit on both of them. Not a fire sale so they’ll stay stored if nobody is interested. Completely forgot to take photos of them working before moving them into storage, sorry.

Strictly collection by Martin, unless you are local to me (London NW3).

Edited by kidyamlo - 11 Oct 2018 at 11:20am
For sale: NOS (in 2006) Robotron cocktail, Centipede cabaret. Wanted: Konami Aliens, Kung Fu Master, Gravitar / Black Widow, Gottlieb Black Hole, Stern Tron Legacy
Danscu View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danscu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 5:19pm
PMd asteroids
Looking for:)

Electrocoin Goliath Mk 3
Sega Shootout Pool marquee
Space
kidyamlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 5:38pm
Asteroids sold pending payment
For sale: NOS (in 2006) Robotron cocktail, Centipede cabaret. Wanted: Konami Aliens, Kung Fu Master, Gravitar / Black Widow, Gottlieb Black Hole, Stern Tron Legacy
kidyamlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 5:52pm
Asteroids SOLD
Mark H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 8:32pm
The Centipde looks in great condition and that coin door is an easy fix. That spare PCB must be worth at least £100...

C'mon get this sold - there must be enough out there that want one and with the same size screen as the bigger version it's a winner and much easier to transport too.

GLWS.
"The Future Is Now"
kidyamlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Mark H Mark H wrote:

The Centipde looks in great condition and that coin door is an easy fix. That spare PCB must be worth at least £100...

C'mon get this sold - there must be enough out there that want one and with the same size screen as the bigger version it's a winner and much easier to transport too.

GLWS.

Thanks dude. You know what, and not to jinx my own thread, but I find the full-size upright far more ergonomic to play. I wanted a cabaret for ages, to go with my Tempest (and I don't have room for a full-size anyway) but it's the game I play the very least out of everything I have... and I kinda surprised myself with that. Anyhow, that's pretty much why it's going.
kidyamlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 10:31pm

A week or two ago at home. Sadly can't find a pic of it running... but run it does, and very nicely too. Forgot to mention that I have a spare repro CPO that I'll include, the old trackball assembly for parts, plus a neat, close-enough-to-original blue monitor bezel that Mr Temple crafted up. The untested spare PCB was claimed working by the previous seller, but assume strictly untested, just in case.

New Formica was matched as closely as possible to the original laminate; two-man job to place and bond with contact adhesive and heavy-duty rubber roller, then rout.

To elaborate re coin door, needs repainting as is obvious. Also needs the metal straightening out around one of the doors where somebody has tried to jimmy the lock open. Otherwise not in bad shape.

Currently sited in my lockup, London NW3.

Edited by kidyamlo - 18 Sep 2018 at 10:48pm
kidyamlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:10pm
Taking £100 off the Centipede for the weekend, so now at £1150.

Back to £1250 (and perhaps even a longer storage residence than anticipated) on Sunday eve.

Please note that this is an Irish cab and not a recent US import, just in case anybody has perused Adam's (slave01) Popeye thread in Valuations.
Chopper79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:26pm
Wanted:

Turbo outrun midi
kidyamlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2018 at 12:44pm
Mark H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 12:43pm
C'mon people lets get this Centipede sold as enough of us in the past have been after one. Interesting colour difference to mine on the control panel and bezel (pictured below) which is a US import !!!

"The Future Is Now"
kidyamlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 11:46pm
Still here at 1150. If anybody’s browsing the forum after a few beers, now might be the time to buy ;-)

kidyamlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 3:28pm
Had a few offers, but nothing quite on the money just yet. Still available if anybody wants a nice cabaret. Hopefully I haven't triggered the spam-o-meter just yet x
Mark H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 5:46pm
C'mon lets get this sold.

Great game. 

GLWS.
"The Future Is Now"
kidyamlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 12:16pm
Decided to put this back to and keep at £1150, so consider this a bump. If nobody is interested at this price, then perhaps it's too much right now. No worries. I might consider a trade for something nice, if you've had your eye but not your wallet on this. Ta.
kidyamlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 11:19am
Another cab I keep receiving decent offers for, off-VAC, but so far they've all turned out to be tyre kickers. Acknowledged that I might be pushing my luck at anything over 1K, so this is now reduced to 1K as I'd like to make room for more stuff coming in. Grab a nice working Centi cabaret with brand-new Formica and T-moulding. Maybe that damn coin door is letting it down, so I'll throw in a brand-new Suzo-Happ door for good measure, and the spare board remains included. Cheers.
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 11:46am
I think it's totez-gorj. Only thing that needs a tart up is the coin door.

Normally sales get a little slow around now as no one is allowed to spend money due to Xmas.
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

kidyamlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Alpha1 Alpha1 wrote:

I think it's totez-gorj. Only thing that needs a tart up is the coin door.

Normally sales get a little slow around now as no one is allowed to spend money due to Xmas.

The ideal seasonal retro arcade indulgence for him or her, replete with in-vogue woodgrain for the discerning Mid Century aesthete. I'll even throw in a Casio.

Nik73 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nik73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 2:05pm
I’m not even a fan of centipede, but am half tempted purely because it’s such a beautiful looking cab. Someone please buy it before I do something daft!
kidyamlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Nik73 Nik73 wrote:

I’m not even a fan of centipede, but am half tempted purely because it’s such a beautiful looking cab. Someone please buy it before I do something daft!

Do it man, go crazy!

Girls go nuts for Centipede!

(Channelling my inner Todd Tuckey now...)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic