Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Custom cables

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markitanis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom cables
    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 7:28pm
Hi guys
I was thinking if one of you guys could make me a jamma pass through adapter that goes inbetween my pana custom supergun and the game pcb to a db15 cable so i can use joypads on my games.
Below is a pic of the db15 pinout i need
All 6 buttons are needed on jamma harness btw. Also known as jamma plus

Edited by Markitanis - 03 Nov 2019 at 3:18pm
Markitanis View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markitanis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 9:34pm
Anyone here for custom cables??
rcantor77 View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Candy Kid

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcantor77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 10:15pm
If you are not going to use the joysticks, isn't it easier to just buy a different supergun..?

Monstermug View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 11:18pm
Email her https://retrogamingcables.co.uk/ if you're nice they might make you one.  
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markitanis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 10:09am
Im sure theres someone that makes custom stuff here. Just don’t remember who.
It really isn’t that complicated. Just abit of soldering
jonhughes View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 10:18am
JAMMA is three standard buttons with two additional positions at positions 25 & 26 for player 1 and positions c & d for player 2. You ain't going to get six buttons from a standard JAMMA set up and most games don't utilise the extra button positions in any case.

What are you using this for?
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markitanis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 10:43am
Im using for MVS games. Atomiswave. Pandoras box.
So 5 buttons for player 1 will do
FrancoB View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrancoB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by Markitanis Markitanis wrote:

Crack on then LOL
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markitanis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 3:04pm
Id probably mess it up if i did it lol
TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 4:25pm
Has to be 5 buttons max as Jon said. Its not that easy to solder this as the wire tends to be crappy and you have to buy it in certain lengths. The DB15 are inexpensive though. Are you supply all the stuff needed ? You would need :-

1 x DB15
1 x Length Cable
1 x 56 Pin Connector
1 x Fingerboard

Not going to be cheap I wouldn't say.

Edited by TheDaddy - 04 Nov 2019 at 4:26pm
AKA Wonderboy.
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markitanis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 4:31pm
I wouldnt supply the parts.
Anyone got a price?
FrancoB View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrancoB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 4:40pm
The easiest option would be just to post the Pana loom to someone and neatly solder a DB15 connector/wires to the Pana fingerboard. I would do that for a £5+ charity donation.

Making a inline adapter (nicely) would be far more labour intensive but do-able. Including parts that would be more like a £30 donation.
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markitanis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 4:42pm
Ok franco
Ill do the £30 option
TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 4:47pm
Yeh £30 for Franco's charity !!!! Worth every penny.

Dave.
AKA Wonderboy.
FrancoB View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrancoB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 4:52pm
Thinking about it I can probably do it a bit cheaper as it's a direct 'break out' adapter rather than needing to interupt the signals but you can pay what you want Wink

Pretty sure I have DB-15s and shell housings etc but I don't think I have any edge connectors/finger boards left. I'll get some ordered and be in touch.
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markitanis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 4:59pm
Ok thanks franco
TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 5:04pm
No offense but I defo would not do it for less than £30 (Maybe just me though) ! You will need to Hot Glue the wires to the fingerboard as the cable is rubbish and will just snap off with movement.

Dave.
AKA Wonderboy.
Monstermug View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 5:54pm
If Franco's going to do it, it's going to look awesome 
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by FrancoB FrancoB wrote:

Originally posted by Markitanis Markitanis wrote:

Crack on then LOL

Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Check out my 80s Synthwave Music :)   https://247retro.bandcamp.com/album/naeon
simonden View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 5:46pm
Just having a FrancoB Custom Cable is worthy of bragging rights.

Originally posted by TheDaddy TheDaddy wrote:

No offense but I defo would not do it for less than £30 (Maybe just me though) ! You will need to Hot Glue the wires to the fingerboard as the cable is rubbish and will just snap off with movement.

Dave.

Franco is very well versed at pricing and making cables that are better quality than factory originals, so sure he has it covered Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic