Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

DEPOSIT TAKEN: Lovely Afterburner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DEPOSIT TAKEN: Lovely Afterburner
    Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 3:33pm
Edit: Saturday 17 Feb: Deposit taken.
Edit: Friday 16 Feb. Reduced to £850.

I have this coming in on the AC17 container which should be at Arcade Club in a few weeks.

Why the sale? I managed to locate a few personal grails for AC17 *after* committing to this Afterburner so I need to balance my books, which means this has to fall out the end of the bed. A shame for me because I love Afterburner... but the other stuff I love more.

These are Ken's original sales pics. Original AC17 thread here:

Asking £950. Covers me (well, sort of) for purchase price and import fees but with a chunk of change left over in the your favour, so you will be saving money over and above importing directly. Additionally, I will pay for a power conversion and a go-through by Andy's boys. So you will have a ready to go, super-tidy Afterburner to collect from Arcade Club whenever the work has been done.

For those who have an issue with such things, please note that this is not being flipped for profit.

If you missed out on it first time round, now's your chance.

Edited by kidyamlo - 16 Feb 2019 at 9:05pm
nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 7:19pm
A lovely Looking Cab, this will not be around long.
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
kidyamlo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by nurtuo nurtuo wrote:

A lovely Looking Cab, this will not be around long.

We shall see...
kidyamlo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 11:51pm
Just a little thread bump ahead of the witching hour, which is when all of us make our very best arcade cab buying decisions. Maybe you've had a beer or two; maybe you caught the last half of Top Gun or Iron Eagle... maybe, just maybe, you need an Afterburner.
kidyamlo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 8:53pm
Temporary weekend price-drop - £900
Chopper79 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 9:29pm
Can't believe this hasn't sold. No many dedicated cabs left for sale.
kidyamlo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2019 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Chopper79 Chopper79 wrote:

Can't believe this hasn't sold. No many dedicated cabs left for sale.

Little surprised myself to be honest. I thought it could be because potential buyers might want to inspect before committing, but then this is essentially the same deal as buying direct from Ken and importing with Andy... but slightly cheaper and with the power conversion thrown in for free to boot. Anyway, it's going back to 1K on Monday morning. I'd very much like to sell it, but I ain't desperate :)
kidyamlo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 3:35pm
ICYMI. Sunday afternoon bump. Reduced to £900. Back to 1K in the morning.

You are buying a fully sorted Afterburner (if for some reason it has stopped working in transit then Arcade Club will make it work, plus a power conversion, plus PAT testing, all on my dime).

Due in with Andy in a few weeks.
jasonm737 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonm737 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 7:17pm
It does look lovely and I want one but the last one on here in great condition went for under 500 (sold to chopper) People here are gonna search the same as me and look to see what it last sold at. All of us will go higher by a bit as prices move on but 1k is more than double the last sale price. Might be worth you keeping it for a while? Sorry
Wanted:Outrun, Rave Racer, Virtua Cop 2, HOTD...and dreaming: G-LOC R360(Don't have the space but if I can afford one then it means I've won the Lotto so I'll just buy a bigger house)
stegrey View Drop Down
User
User

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 7:40pm
It probably is because the last few sold quite cheap :( there was one for £400 a couple of weeks ago that reported a bad eprom .. might be best to keep hold of this one for a bit i wouldnt like to see you lose money

Edited by stegrey - 10 Feb 2019 at 7:48pm

moomootown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moomootown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 7:52pm
Why is the shifter always on the left :( assume you can get this cab with it on the right ...
Wanted: Virtua Cop 1 cab / Hyper Sports Cab or Track & Field
kidyamlo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by jasonm737 jasonm737 wrote:

It does look lovely and I want one but the last one on here in great condition went for under 500 (sold to chopper) People here are gonna search the same as me and look to see what it last sold at. All of us will go higher by a bit as prices move on but 1k is more than double the last sale price. Might be worth you keeping it for a while? Sorry

Originally posted by stegrey stegrey wrote:

It probably is because the last few sold quite cheap :( there was one for £400 a couple of weeks ago that reported a bad eprom .. might be best to keep hold of this one for a bit i wouldnt like to see you lose money

Yup. All fair points. I am aware that this is a fair bit steeper than some of the others sold recently, but I'd counter that this is in much better cosmetic condition. That's a big factor for me personally when buying any cab... but perhaps not for others. I'm happy to take sensible offers and take a small hit on this in order to shore up other purchases... But yeah, may keep it otherwise. Definitely not on a mission to set the new market price, although these things really are variable dependent on many factors. I'll quit with the bumps for now :)

robotech View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 8:46pm
The downside of importing cabs that are not that rare in the uk is that once all the fees taxes power conversions have been sorted you are in for way over what they are actually worth in the uk when one does eventually come up for sale

As others have said if you have the space and dont need the cash i would just keep it

stegrey View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 8:51pm
Its a strange one because theres times you dont see afterburner for ages and wanted ads are up its just lately loads popped up but its the same with outrun sometimes.. I think its a good price for a classic game especially when these type of games cant be played properly without the original cabs.
I bet soon as a find a paperboy a couple will pop up

Edited by stegrey - 10 Feb 2019 at 8:54pm

kidyamlo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by stegrey stegrey wrote:

Its a strange one because theres times you dont see afterburner for ages and wanted ads are up its just lately loads popped up but its the same with outrun sometimes.. I think its a good price for a classic game especially when these type of games cant be played properly without the original cabs.
I bet soon as a find a paperboy a couple will pop up

Cheers Steven, appreciated. Me too mate, but then I would say that I suppose. I was happy to pay what I paid originally ($950, which is about £730 as of this minute) because it's a really tidy cab (fairly sure Ken sent me higher-res pics so will update the thread with those when I find them) and I do get why some folk take the "last one sold for..." line because it makes sense up to a point. I also get why people object to sellers wanting to get back what they put into a cab, regardless of deemed UK aggregate value... but we all know that these are ageing machines. One is not the same as the next.

The most I'll take a hit on is the import fee because I have plenty of other stuff heading to Andy, so fully prepared to say goodbye to that in the grander scheme of things. It all works out in the end. Not in this hobby to turn a profit, just sorting out the sock drawer, so to speak.

Edited by kidyamlo - 10 Feb 2019 at 10:23pm
kidyamlo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 12:23pm
New pics added. Asking price reduced to £950. Not trying to censor anybody but would respectfully ask that people refrain from imparting sage words of wisdom re my current asking price. Happy to take reasonable offers. No stress x
Del Griffith View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del Griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 1:01pm
It does look like a lovely cab that one
Wanted street fighter 1 electrocoin cab
nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by kidyamlo kidyamlo wrote:

New pics added. Asking price reduced to £950. Not trying to censor anybody but would respectfully ask that people refrain from imparting sage words of wisdom re my current asking price. Happy to take reasonable offers. No stress x

Wise Words. Far to many comments of why something is not worth
what the seller is asking.

If you don't want it don't buy it.
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
kidyamlo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by nurtuo nurtuo wrote:

Originally posted by kidyamlo kidyamlo wrote:

Wise Words. Far to many comments of why something is not worth
what the seller is asking.

If you don't want it don't buy it.

One thing I *do* miss on UKVAC is the staple KLOV "wish I was closer, GLWS" free thread-bumper

Wink
stegrey View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 2:46pm
Cab does look in amazing condition

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic