FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Donkey Kong Junior

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Please Register!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Donkey Kong Junior
    Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 2:32pm

All your scores are registrated as sat on MAME, untill told otherwise.. :)

I thought it was time we had a Donkey Kong Junior high score table here on UKVAC. There are a few of us who get stuck into this awesome game and I started playing this again today after deciding to take a break from playing Donkey Kong.

After managing a high score of 837,500 almost a year ago I fired the cab up earlier today.

It's surprising how difficult it is switching from Donkey Kong to Junior after being so familiar with it and being on the verge of a kill screen and it has to be said, this is such a different game to DK!

Anyhow, the best for today was 325,100

Alex, you know you want to! Tongue

Cheers, Al

Edited by Muerto - 03 Mar 2014 at 4:21pm
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 4:24pm
I haven't fired up jr for a year Al, might try and do a bit of relaxing this weekend. Still no way near your level tho'Cry
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Please Register!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 4:28pm

Hey Eric, it's been a long time. I think we all over played it last time and took a well needed break!
Chuckie egg View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckie egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 6:18pm
Yes it's about time we got back into this
It's nice to join you guys on this forum and get this fired up again .
Right I will have a go later and post my score
Good or bad
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Please Register!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 7:42pm
Nice one Alex.Get stuck in mate!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 9:51pm
My score tonight lost me confidence with this one keep jumping early

Bloody rotating images

Edited by Hurray Banana - 28 Feb 2014 at 9:52pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Please Register!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2014 at 10:26pm
Good effort Eric considering a year away from itClap
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Please Register!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 7:09pm
364,100 just now.

It's taken longer than expected to figure out the chains again but I've almost got it now, looking for at least 500k next time. Love this game.....love it!Heart 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 7:34pm
Nice Al you're shaming my current effort. Gonna have a few goes once the missus starts watching call the midwife
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Please Register!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 7:47pm
At least we only have to contend with 80 boards with Junior compared to 116 on DK Eric!!

Get stuck in old bean!  
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckie egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 8:25pm
I had ago yesterday and managed 140.000
But really enjoyed playing it again after neglecting it for a few months

Edited by Chuckie egg - 02 Mar 2014 at 8:28pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckie egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 8:44pm
I think the main hurdle for me apart from much more practise is the chain lvl
second time round it becomes very busy and you really have to be in the matrix to foresee what is going on.
I always seem to try and wipe-out as many snappers as I can on the first chain,if it doesn't happen I struggle to organise a plan b.
If you know what I mean   
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Please Register!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 9:13pm
Nice score Al....Is that 193k your high score saved?

The chain level is pretty tough Al and the hardest level without any question. Level 4 onwards the snappers are on speed. The other problem is there's only just enough space to allow junior between the birds, if you are sat a pixel two high/low, you'll get hit. Some people use patterns, for example some guys push the keys up from left to right, some go from right to left (I used to) but to be realistic, which ever way you go, be ready to switch chains quickly and like you said if you can hit snappers for points is great, but they respawn from level 4 anyhow.

Edited by PAC-MAN - 02 Mar 2014 at 9:16pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 9:15pm
I've just jacked in for the night at a paltry 95,000 Confused. Seem to be just making loads of stupid ass mistakes.

enjoying the music tho' now can't get it out of my head.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckie egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2014 at 11:42pm
That's my top score mate
I do always have a pattern but as with this game it doesn't always go to plan
That pixel perfect positioning and re spawning sounds eye boggling
So want to crack the 200,000 mark
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Please Register!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 8:56am

Not good Eric, we all get that and it's mighty frustrating Thumbs Down

If you get stressed out Alex drop down to the bottom 3/4's of the chains and hang out there and wait. After 10 birds are released there's a massive gap, then go for it!

Nothing wrong with 190k anyhow....but you're capable of more, you played well at my place.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 11:18am
Won't get to play till Tuesday now as all machines covered up while electrician fits some extra sockets on Tuesday (hopefully). got to get in the mood for this.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Please Register!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 11:26am
Me too Eric....no play until Friday

Extra sockets sounds like extra cabs!?

Good to see we're back on the Junior train though!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckie egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 9:23pm
144200 tonight so far
Had all my life's up to the bird lvl
What you want is the light gun to shoot the birds at this lvl
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckie egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 7:20am
Great idea to have the score table presented like that
Thanks Al
But you haven't put my highest score up of 193,900
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic