Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Artwork and Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Finished my Area 51: Site 4 :)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titchgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finished my Area 51: Site 4 :)
    Posted: 13 May 2019 at 11:41am
I finally feel worthy to mooch among you now I have finished my A51:S4 cab! :D

Its been a long road hindered by delays and bumps in the road not to mention being put on the back burner for 12 months due to getting married but it was all worth it to say ime donw! Well 99% anyways....

So I brought it with a dead monitor and some pretty bashed up body work but otherwise assumed working.

So once the monitor chasis was repaired I set about making it living room friendly!
I patched up the bodywork, Re coated it with vinyl and made some custom artwork for it as the original artwork is a little gareish for my living room!
Also fitted some nice new T moulding and replaced the HDD with a flash solution.

So with the exception of replacing the guns which are a bit tatty but working I am calling this one done :)
Kev A View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 1:19pm
That looks really nice matey I really like what you have done with the vinyl, much better now, top work
Bods View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:15pm
I really don't like those PAC machines, the artwork on them is terrible

Nothing wrong with the Cabs just that artwork, Looks much better nowThumbs Up Red T-Molding looks good too

Surprised no one has bought the Arcade Sign board I've had on ebay for ages, Area 51 / Maximum Force plastic double sided, NOS too thought there must be some fans of the games

WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
Titchgamer View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titchgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Kev A Kev A wrote:

That looks really nice matey I really like what you have done with the vinyl, much better now, top work  

Thanks, Yes the Vinyl is 100% better and meant I didnt need to paint it after filling all the chunks that were missing out of the sides!
Really didnt want to paint it and couldn't of colour matched that strange granite/grey if I had wanted to.

Originally posted by Bods Bods wrote:

I really don't like those PAC machines, the artwork on them is terrible

Nothing wrong with the Cabs just that artwork, Looks much better nowThumbs Up Red T-Molding looks good too

Surprised no one has bought the Arcade Sign board I've had on ebay for ages, , NOS too thought there must be some fans of the games

Agreed the PAC artwork was horrible! First moment I laid eyes on it I was thinking thats got to go LMAO.

Just seen the sign on ebay, thats pretty cool! If I can get hold of the A51 PCB I am after I might have that off you to go with it ;)

Would look good in my games room!!

generousben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote generousben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 12:12pm
Hi, what brand of vinyl did you use on the sides?, Ive got some samples of Sign Vinyl (Ritrama Branded)
but the adhesive is pretty week and seams to be pretty easy to peel off once its stuck to the melamine sides. Im Wondering if there's some better stuff about ..Thanks
Titchgamer View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Titchgamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 12:45pm
I couldnt say what type it was sorry!
The artwork was printed for me by rockstar printing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic