ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Valuations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Full run of CVG magazine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Full run of CVG magazine
    Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 1:43pm
I really need to start emptying my house.  How much would a full run of Computer & Video Games Magazine be worth first issue in 1981 through till the last in 2004.
Cheers
Ben
Wanted: Looking for a Euro Atari Millipede Inner Bezel or even instructions on how to make one.
_Matt_ View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2021 at 1:53pm
Wow! I was just reading a couple of mid 80s c+vg mags the other day, still a great read.
No idea how much they're worth but has to be a hell of a lot when you see how much people put single issues up on Ebay for.
Majik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 5:02pm
That's a legit piece of awesome history there! PLEASE don't break them up but sell them on to a collector/museum that'll look after them. Or me. :D
pooman2084 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooman2084 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 5:12pm
Wow!

Did you buy them all at the time or have you picked them up here any three over the years?

That magazine really changed tone over the years from serious with type in programmes and suchlike to 90s yoof cool.

GLWTS.
John Bennett View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 5:15pm
'kinell.
I would've thought it's comfortably into the £1-2k territory (or more) if it's £5 to £10 per issue.

The issue is folk are horribly picky about their magazines, whereas most of us bought them to read and spill coffee on. Plus having the whole lot together makes it really special, but maybe harder to sell.
I've still got mine, but just the 90's.

Edited by John Bennett - 07 Apr 2021 at 5:20pm
http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).
Steveylou View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steveylou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 7:48pm
I'd recommend getting in touch with Marc Jowett from Sega Mags (http://segamags.co.uk/).

He's a great guy and deals in all sorts of retro gaming mags, not just Sega. I'm sure he'll be able to guide you on price and perhaps point you in the direction of some interested parties or FB groups.
trev1976 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trev1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:21pm
This was a great magazine through the 90s but when they changed the tone of the magazine in the earlier 2000s and it was all GTA and stuff like that I give up on it.

Great collection though
Stevros View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:06pm
Its rubbish, the amount of times ive picked magazines up, you cant get rid of the blasted things and they weigh a ton, someone on here will take them free of charge or someone like me would charge YOU to take them away. 

£0
Bensonrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:27pm
Forgot about this thread, in answer to the questions, I spent quite a few years hunting down all the issues, I lucked out in buying literally a garage full of magazines on ebay, which was fairly close to me, the chap used to advertise his games shop, so had honestly virtually every mag from the very start of the 1980s through until the year 2004ish.  I then had to fill in the gap issues that were missing here and there, most of them were pretty much unread condition.   I did 2 car trips worth and had to leave the rest, years later I bought a book on ebay and when I turned up to collect it realised it was the same guy and the mags were still there, so took another 2 car loads and all his game store promo stuff.

I did go back and forth a lot over the years with a chap who was collecting Sega mags I think last time I spoke to him he only needed something like 8 issues to complete his collection of every Sega mag, I think that may well have been Marc, I remember his name began with an M.  I was only focusing on the SNES/Gameboy era, so had no need for the mountains of Sega I had.  I remember someone paying £45 postage for a huge box of MegaTech magazine to Norway on top of the end price.

I collected full set of Mean Machines, Nintendo Magazine System/Official Nintendo Magazine, Super Play, Total and CVG.  To be honest I'll probably just keep those as I've sold 3 cabs over the past couple of weeks and they have filled the space out there.   Its the Retro Gamers I might move on, they are heavy and now at 200 issues.  I would love to have them on shelves, but just don't really have anywhere to put them.

Stevros - depends on the magazine, I had the full run of Dreamcast Mag, Official Playstation at one point, those were crazy heavy, still sold though, I think the only ones I ended up recycling were Edge Magazine and another I can't remember.
Wanted: Looking for a Euro Atari Millipede Inner Bezel or even instructions on how to make one.
consolepassion View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote consolepassion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Steveylou Steveylou wrote:

I'd recommend getting in touch with Marc Jowett from Sega Mags (http://segamags.co.uk/).

He's a great guy and deals in all sorts of retro gaming mags, not just Sega. I'm sure he'll be able to guide you on price and perhaps point you in the direction of some interested parties or FB groups.

Seconded. Marc is your man for this.

Andy
Bensonrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by consolepassion consolepassion wrote:

Originally posted by Steveylou Steveylou wrote:

Seconded. Marc is your man for this.

Andy

Just searched my hotmail, yes it was him I used to deal with way back in 2011, can't believe 10 years have flown by. haha.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic