ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Auctions & Ebay Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

goliath needs rescuing from tip

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 4:11pm
Its the sort of jamma cab that sells for £300 on auction and complete nice working one people wont pay £400 BIN

Still worth money for all the parts if it wasnt restored
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
lix View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 4:13pm
Twenty years ago I scrapped a Goliath and yeeted the body panels onto the tip, a cab that was in a pristine state compared to this.

Photographic memory of that event still plagues me till this day, so now I'll never throw anything away ever again to attempt to atone for my sins.

But now, we are in desperate times.
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 5:16pm
I know mate, had to scrap a Mk1 Goliath, was better than this though no monitor in it, needed some work to the top like this but wasn't damp, had artwork on sides so it wasn't bad but people don't seem to value jamma cabs, should though as we all need them for the pcb collections and many of us were happy to play games in them in the 80's, if cab had marquee and game running it was all that mattered
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
Mr Matt View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Bods Bods wrote:

I know mate, had to scrap a Mk1 Goliath, was better than this though no monitor in it, needed some work to the top like this but wasn't damp, had artwork on sides so it wasn't bad but people don't seem to value jamma cabs, should though as we all need them for the pcb collections and many of us were happy to play games in them in the 80's, if cab had marquee and game running it was all that mattered

For some reason, Goliath cabs have become quite sought after recently.  They always sell and they always go for quite a lot.

All this one needs is a new shell, artwork, CRT, chassis, control panel, all controls, JAMMA loom, PSU, coin doors, bolts and wheels and it's good to go.  Smile
Ronnie Dent View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Dent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by lix lix wrote:

Twenty years ago I scrapped a Goliath and yeeted the body panels onto the tip, a cab that was in a pristine state compared to this.

Photographic memory of that event still plagues me till this day, so now I'll never throw anything away ever again to attempt to atone for my sins.

But now, we are in desperate times.

About the same time I had 9 of these and could not give them away! I got more money for the control panels and wiring looms  on ebay  than I could sell a cab for iirc £100 for a wiring loom and £60 for a control panel, sadly the wood got burntEmbarrassed although I did sell 2 so only 7 got burntShocked
neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 6:31pm
Maybe some coinage as well. Could be worth a gamble for somebody
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 6:34pm
The sticks don't look like hall effects anymore. But someone put an EFTPOTRM in that at one time.
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

kingtreelo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingtreelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2021 at 7:35pm
Triggers brush

Mr Matt View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 5:15pm
Holy crap, already over £200 for that damp heap and nearly 6 days left!!
forcefulfil View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
EDOT King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forcefulfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 5:37pm
£380+ easy.
Shame really as I like a soggy bottom (Cough) restoration
UKVAC: The longest running UK Arcade forum on the net
LHantz View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LHantz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 5:40pm
Well, never ceases to amaze me this hobby... ShockedWacko
Collector for 25 years - New from '92 - Electrocoin Xenon SFII CE - Over 150 original PCBs - Darksoft Multi CPS2/Taito F3/Neo Geo/Irem M72/Sega Sys16/Namco Sys1 - JROK multi Williams
_Matt_ View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 5:44pm
My initial thought was that it's been left outside in the rain and got so soggy the weight of the marquee section has caused it to collapse. Looking at it again though, the wood at the back in this pic doesn't look swollen at all so maybe it's had impact damage on that site?

Either way £200+ for that is crackers, which leads me to believe that bidders must have been assured that it's been dry stored and maybe they've been told there's a pcb inside and possibly identified it?
Senior Members
Senior Members
EDOT King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forcefulfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:06pm
Maybe Andy @ arcade club has a space in his long line of goliaths
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:17pm
Surely that will just fall apart when the buyer tries to move it
Daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lets go away
u72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote u72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by forcefulfil forcefulfil wrote:

A bit too far gone for me :D especially at the price it may fetch (currently at £350)

Andy
Visit the Largest Classic Video Arcade in Europe!

Arcade Club Home Page
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:52pm
someone msg him and ask if he’ll take 600 for it, arf arf arf
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 8:11pm
I have no clue whats going on these days , i realy dont.

Time to sell up i think,

Dave.
AKA Wonderboy. If there is such a thing as reincarnation , knowing my luck , I will come back as me !!
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 8:29pm
what is wrong with folk, are they just taking piss bidding or they really hoping it's got rare board inside, will turn up to collect, when find no pcb inside or anything worth value just walk away and it's be relisted

When I said £300 I wasn't really expecting it, just crazy
aeroflott View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
A different league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeroflott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 8:37pm
The only redeeming feature I can see is there's a monitor in there. God knows what state its in though.
Senior Members
Senior Members
EDOT King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forcefulfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by u72 u72 wrote:

Originally posted by forcefulfil forcefulfil wrote:

A bit too far gone for me :D especially at the price it may fetch (currently at £350)

Andy

Damn I was hoping you could squeeze one more in that unbeatable line up. Good luck everyone
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic