FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

goliath needs rescuing from tip

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:36am
How the f*ck has that got £350 bid on it. There's tidy working cabs with buy it nows for that price listed. Weird.
Clearly had a big whack on top, the side pic you can see the marquee and top are hanging out. I'd imagine that's when it hit the bottom of the skip.
Repro + NOS Artwork & Sega parts supplier, pm me or visit http://arcadeartshop.com
channel27 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote channel27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:56am
Absolutely insane.
I'm going to drop my cabs from a great height into the sea... Apparently that adds value Confused
Wanted
Tekken: 5DR, 5.1, 6, 6BR, TTT2
Virtua Fighter: 2.1, 3TB, 4, 5
Any working / faulty Sega Model 1/2/3 boards
patloz View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:44am
Watch everyone shuffle in their shoes about £300+ when someone posts it has the original joysticks in the coin box , original PCB still bolted to the side of the cab and and a Street fighter PCB scotchloked in there as well.

Some times you got to gamble, ask Del boy and I hope it pays of for whoever has thrown a chunk of money at this.

If I was closer I would drive over and have a gander inside as the chance of a Robot Monsters PCB and Joysticks would be too much not to, and have a look at the tube as well as worst case scenario that's the value.

big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 10:59am
Yeah, I can only think that one or two bidders have been to see it and think they've spotted something worth bidding on. If not, the world is broken and I quit.
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 11:07am
Originally posted by patloz patloz wrote:

If I was closer I would drive over and have a gander inside as the chance of a Robot Monsters PCB and Joysticks would be too much not to, and have a look at the tube as well as worst case scenario that's the value.

Exactly what I'd be doing. Although I'd have gone with a wad of cash and be driving back with it now if it was any good LOL
Repro + NOS Artwork & Sega parts supplier, pm me or visit http://arcadeartshop.com
Ste72 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ste72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 11:37am
Looks like a WG monitor - I could do with the remote board connectors from that. Not for £300+ though. Konami board and wouldn't be surprised if it all does power up - i only have to look at my cab funny and it packs-in!!
J+ 👍
jinq-sea View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinq-sea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 11:52am
GX330 - Hyper Sports PCB. That's not awful.
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 12:04pm
If you went to look you would of been coming back with it having done a deal on what value is there. Anyone asked if there is a pcb in it and monitor complete?

I suspect it will be same story as the Turbo Outrun Cockpit, listed not working, everyone thinks the worsed, monitor shafted, pcb faulty, rusty etc yet it ended over £1000 but then relisted few days later

2nd time i thought if its cheap i'll bid for friend, won it for just over £200 doesnt make sense certainly didnt expect to win it after 1st auction

The last decent Goliath last year that sold on ebay auction, complete really tidy, fully working just over £400

Thinks it only andy mainly that probably makes them end at those prices to be honest, not many others seem to wanna pay much for em still but coz they are great jamma cabs
and having them all rowed up which is awesome, i understand why he would bid highish, makes sense

No one mentioned about the colours, assume the red has faided to orange and blue to purple

Just so sad that better ones than this got broken up and there could of been more at AC
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 12:16pm
So konami pcb in it, wg monitor as said and a cab thats really poor, needs top section rebuilding thats major work unless you just bodge it putting screws through sides, control panel poor with holes, all metal rusty, base really poor and wont be stable, side panel at top damaged, t moulding needs replacing with black, no artwork, front faded, just mental

Yet half decent ones working with multi game boards, all metal repainted, base repaired and new matting cleaned fully inside and out and not worth £500 on ebay

So thats one person dropped out already lol

WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 12:26pm
Might be wrong, but I doubt anyone bidding has any plans to restore it.
malcolmpenn View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malcolmpenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:35pm
Photo number 7 now shows the game board.

Sorry I've seen it's already been identified, please ignore.

Edited by malcolmpenn - 15 Sep 2021 at 1:37pm
TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:44pm
Its rusty , Mouldy , Bloated and quiet frankly knackered !!! I am astounded how much people are bidding for this, Am I missing something here ?

Dave.
AKA Wonderboy. If there is such a thing as reincarnation , knowing my luck , I will come back as me !!
frothmeister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frothmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:59pm
It's ebay,............so many reasons why whatever has been bid might not ever get paid over.

Quite likely the two workmen in the pic think they've stumbled on something with some value they can sell.

Chances are they are shilling it themselves, or the rest of their mates are making fake bids for a laugh.
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 2:18pm
I was suspecting possible shilling-for-a-laugh, too. Would explain the retracted bid.
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 3:26pm
Hyper Sports is it in there? Bids being retracted says shill city to me lol
jinq-sea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinq-sea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 3:29pm
Yeah I think it's Hyper Sports - 'tis a GX330.
patloz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 3:42pm
They opened the box and let everyone see inside, Prior to this you had the "locked safe syndrome"  where we all dreamed of finding hidden treasure once opened and would bid accordingly.

Now we all know what its worth, or lack of it, so all the excitement has gone and bidders will pull out.
Player View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Player Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 4:17pm
They are naughty for trying to sell what someone has bought to the dump. Find out where it is and tell em £50 or they will get reported. Cheeky sh*ts.
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 4:26pm
Just noticed the Q*Bert cubes on the marquee.

Strange it has a Hyper Sports PCB in it. You wouldn't of thought it would have an older PCB than EFTPOTRM in it.
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 4:40pm
Assumed it was probably track & field or Hyper Sports, pretty common pcb to find in cabs like the milliepede i bought which also had joysticks and tube burnt real bad with it so been converted to it many years

Thought same with Marquee on Qbert

So whats an untested Monitor and untested hyper sports worth these days, certainly not £350 it was at

Why people dont just put more photos on in first place and even more why do people bid stupid before seeing pics of inside. I dont think they were bidding it up, they must of had loads of questions about whats inside it, just crazy people dreaming its got Rtype, Nemesis etc in there i bet
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic