Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Gorf

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brewman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gorf
    Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 3:59pm
Looking at selling my Gorf.

Bought it working in Jan and now its not. Unfortunately my repair skills are not too good.

Please message me if you're interested.

Mark
DanP View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Whipcracker

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 5:12pm
Sorry to hear you're having so many problems with it.   As you've found owning a Gorf isn't for the faint hearted.   There isn't anyone (that I know of) that repairs these board stacks as I think you've found. The only thing you might find is someone with a working machine that can help you isolate which of the stack are bad.

Before you get inundated with the same questions it might be worth you putting a bit more detail about the cab and ideally some pictures.   Some detail about what's working and what's not, pics of the sideart, insides, etc will always help sell a cab quicker.

glwts

Dan
Brewman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brewman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 5:48pm
Hi Dan

So it was working fine then the gameplay and speech started to act funny. The game would often crash or reset. I recently cleaned and reseated all the socketed chips on the RAM board and now theres barely anything coming through on the monitor and there's no sound at all.
The monitor seems to be making faint pulsing noises.

I'm struggling to attach any pics but I'll keep trying.
Brewman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brewman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 6:04pm
Brewman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brewman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 6:06pm
Brewman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brewman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 6:09pm
DanP View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Whipcracker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 6:11pm
Possibly too late, but did you definitely confirm that the power supply is OK?
Brewman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brewman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:29pm
Yeah but I have just tried checking the AC on the power supply and I'm stuggling to get a clear reading. +5, +12 and -5 are all coming out fine and going into the cage correctly. Could this still happen if the AC is not right? Someone has suggested a new power supply incase the power is dirty?
Equites View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chief Sheesher®

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Equites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 10:03pm
I’m sure James/RGP is hot with repairing these board sets.

May be worth popping him a PM.
Atari PCB's (and most non-Atari), AR2's, Vector Deflection/HV boards repaired & refurbished.
Wanted: Non-working Atari PCBs.
Brewman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brewman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 10:27pm
Yeah thanks. I've been in contact with him and I'm trying to sort something out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic