ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Hantarex MTC900/E

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2016 at 10:23pm
my advice is to either send it for repair or replace the chassis
BaldiGit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldiGit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 5:03pm
Hmm.... I hate to give up. But there's an old 19" LCD looking like a promising replacement at the moment. Unhappy
gunblade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 5:36pm
trouble with chassis this age is the amount of issues,you fix one thing and another appears
not a nice chassis to start with tbh
gunblade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 5:52pm
i would suggest getting a hanty mtc9000 to replace this 900e-tb2000 normally has a few for sale
its an exact match chassis-just need to know what crt socket is used 
limpy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by BaldiGit BaldiGit wrote:

Hmm.... I hate to give up. But there's an old 19" LCD looking like a promising replacement at the moment. Unhappy

lcd will look sh*te.
gunblade is the "challenge anneka" of the arcade monitor world. he makes stuff work so its up to you!
fantastic crt or vomit lcd....
give him a pm mate.
your not giving up. you have selected to put it in better and quicker working hands than yours ;)
knowledge is power etc etc
gunblade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 6:12pm
i don't have a big fat arse
PaulSwan View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
ZZZ

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulSwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 8:57pm
I'm finding 900E somewhat more annoying than 900 because of repeated small transistor failures and the 900E has a silly amount of those in the RGB pre-amp. God knows why they dropped the integrated pre-amp in favour of a transistor fest.

I'd try a new TDA2593 since it's socketed and easy to swap out to try. It'll be dead if that is toast. If you have access to a scope, the 900E USA manual has some nice waveforms to compare against but you'd be getting into the deeper technical knowledge realm...
Paul.

ZZZ
limpy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2016 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by gunblade gunblade wrote:

i don't have a big fat arse

no but you would look good in a yellow jump suit :)
BaldiGit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldiGit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2016 at 9:28am
Wow.... Touched a nerve there Embarrassed.

Thanks for the ideas Paul. I was looking at the TDA 2593 as they are cheap and also at the TDA 2653A. I have voltage from the B+, although a bit high, but no HV at all. So it must be on the right hand board somewhere.
karlcdoe View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karlcdoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 3:36pm
Thread resurrection....

Did anyone ever locate a readily available alternate to TH2? I am just working through a few old 900e chasis with no HV and the first two I have looked at appear to have dead TH2s.

So before I ruin my eyesight on transofmer micro surgery seems wise to ask the question.

Cheers

Karl.

Edited by karlcdoe - 20 Mar 2017 at 3:46pm
BaldiGit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldiGit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 7:49pm
Sorry to say no....Cry I was forced to give up on the Hantarex in the end. I was doing up an arcade machine for a friend and i the end he was quite happy with an LCD. 
I did however manage to repair the TH2. I soaked it in paint thinners to soften the varnish and managed to unwind the primary which was only 20 ish turns. I could then see where the wire had come adrift and make a repair. A bit of transformer tape and some varnish and it was all giving the correct resistances. But something else was wrong with it.

I would have liked to have got it going. By a war of attrition there wasn't many components left to check Ouch.
Belike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 8:06pm
I also have a non-working 900e chassis (used to work 6 months ago), if you send me a pic from the actual part, I can check.
karlcdoe View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karlcdoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 10:28am
Thanks for the comments. I managed to repair 2 of 3 TH2s from the chasis I have (might resort to thinners for no3). However my thinking is something a little more permanent would be nice as the resoldered wire will probably rot off again at some point and unlike the mtc9000 the LOPTs are all still working on the chassis I have.

Belike, the transformers should be about 1 ohm on one side and 70 on the other, I swiped a pic from an old forum post a while back, here it is

cheers

Karl.

Edited by karlcdoe - 21 Mar 2017 at 10:29am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic