FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Hantarex MTC9000 cap kits + interest check

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
User
User
PlanB contributor #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ace` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hantarex MTC9000 cap kits + interest check
    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 4:40pm
I've put together a few cap kits for sale but don't have many as this is mainly an interest check to see if there is demand for more and to keep doing them and also which version is most popular if any. If there's enough demand for these I'll also make kits for other monitors (K7000, G07, Polo etc).

I've put these kits together in a way that they are compatible with all revisions of the MTC9000, you'll end up with one left over electrolytic cap because of this. It's also compatible with the Kortex clone and the 25" MTC9010 but missing the three caps for the east / west pcb, I can offer a supplement kit to add these three.

All the electrolytic caps are Japanese (Nichicon mostly) high hour, long life, low esr, 105c for the best quality possible.

I've made two options, a standard kit which is every electrolyic cap minus the filter cap and a deluxe kit which has every electrolyic along with the filter cap and also 9 film cap replacements for the HV section (as these are known to fail now too). Depending on the chassis revision not all 9 will be needed but it's again to cover all revisions.

Standard Cap Kit (24 capacitors) - £12.95 + postage
Deluxe Cap Kit (35 capacitors)- £18.95 + postage

I need to double check postage costs, the deluxe kit won't fit through large letter because of the filter cap but the standard kits should.

Here's a picture of a 'prototype' deluxe kit. Smile As you can see I'll include a cap map / list.

Edited by Ace` - 11 Jul 2019 at 1:48pm
TWB View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 5:52pm
Could I get get two deluxe kits if available, please.

I would also be interested in Polo and Kortec kits if you decide to do them.
WANTED
Cabs:
Leisure 2000
PCBs: Iron Horse
Parts:
SUPERSPRINT View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 5:54pm
I think you’ll do well from these. About time someone did it.
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Call me jamma jim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 7:15pm
What would g07 kits plus the b+ filter cap cost?
I might need 3 kits.

Thanks
Steve
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted., bezerk, mad planets.
Ace` View Drop Down
User
User
PlanB contributor #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 7:16pm
Just one deluxe kit left now and a few standard kits. Polo I'll do next I think, Kortec (or Kortex?) Smile might be a bit more tricky as there are quite a few different ones.
funhouse View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 7:39pm
I'd be interested in just the 9 film caps if you would be able to sell them separately?

As mentioned above - there must be good demand for many PCBs if you can source quality correct replacements for PCBs. 

You should summon a vote to find the most popular PCBs. Does this forum allow 'Vote' posts?

My MTC9000 is powered by a currently flaky US250 PSU which I'd definitely be interested in a cap kit for.
pedro6994 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pedro6994 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 11:29pm
Excellent!
philmurr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philmurr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 7:05am
Excellent work Paul
Ace` View Drop Down
User
User
PlanB contributor #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 9:55am
Thanks guys, looks like I underestimated how popular the deluxe kits would be. I better order some more filter caps. Thumbs Up

Kev A View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 10:01am
Depending on which Polo versions you do, I would definitely be interested, polo 2 15/25 and polo 1 25khz would be good

Edited by Kev A - 10 Jul 2019 at 10:02am
kidyamlo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 10:05am
No immediate requirement but I would still probably take a few deluxe kits, just to keep in hand.
Amb47uk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amb47uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 10:13am
You are doing gods work with these ;-)
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 11:16am
Great to see someone doing these, especially with the optional HV kit. C36 has caused me a few problems in the past!
WANTED: Sega Cash Cube CP end plate. Click me for details!
Liam View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 11:47am
How much for the film capacitors alone?

Tommybiscuit View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommybiscuit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 12:46pm
I would take two deluxe kits for the MTC 9000? 
None
BarrySlisk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarrySlisk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 2:20pm
I will take a couple of Deluxe's when you have a new supply. Just PM me when ready.....
Ace` View Drop Down
User
User
PlanB contributor #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Liam Liam wrote:

How much for the film capacitors alone?

Once I've done all the deluxe orders I'll see what I've got left / how much.

Tommy, Barry and everyone else that pm'd I'll get in contact as soon as I have the kits made up and they're ready to go.
Ace` View Drop Down
User
User
PlanB contributor #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 1:47pm
I've made a small reivison to the deluxe kits, they now include an extra film cap bringing the total up to 35 caps. This is to add more compatibility across revisions, the price is the same and those that have already bought kits will get the extra cap too, those kits will be posted out tomorrow.

I've done a massive parts order so will be able to take more kit orders around the middle of next week and then also start working on kits for others monitors.

Thanks for all the support guys. Smile
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Call me jamma jim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 2:42pm
Good work.
What sort of price will G07 kits be if you make them up?
Cheers
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted., bezerk, mad planets.
Tommybiscuit View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommybiscuit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 3:32pm
Awesome - thanks
None
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic