ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Help installing Mike Doyle 96in1 on crush roller
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Help installing Mike Doyle 96in1 on crush roller

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islandpirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help installing Mike Doyle 96in1 on crush roller
    Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 9:38pm
Hi!
I finally found a doyle 2.54b chipset for sale on ebay and it arrived. I went through the instructions and pulled 5E and replaced it with the smaller board. There was three holes on it as the jumper area. I popped a wire between "27" and the next adjacent hole as it looks like a ground. The manual says to cut the trace to 25 but it seems to not be grounded anywhere.

I popped the original z80 into the second board and clip it in.

When I fired it up I get some sprites blinking.

The instruction elude to the crush board sometimes having an eyes encryption. Im not sure if thats my problem. I also didnt pull ANY other chips. I notice on the pacman installs you remove a bunch of roms that this overrides but the instructions for crush don't say to remove any of those.

There's only so much crush roller a man can play! Does anyone have any experience with the installs on these units? Thanks in advance!

virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 9:48pm
This will be soo cool, when you get it sorted. That cab is ideal for this add on pcb.
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk

Got cabarets? > CALL ME!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic