Forum Home Forum Home > Virtuality > Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

How to open a CPS2 B-Board

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K1ngarth3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to open a CPS2 B-Board
    Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 8:50am
I want to replace the battery on a CPS2 board but struggling to get into it.

I know the 4 security screws take a T20 security bit, and can open those fine.

The issue I have is, the pin at the top of the board (on the bottom side it's covered with a Capcom sticker (I guess for warranty purposes) and at the top it's got the "C" for Capcom logo.

I've read this can be just pulled off, as it's lodged inside the bottom pin. However, I can't find a tool thin and sturdy enough to pull it out!!! 

The main issue I'm having is, even needle nose pillars don't fit to get a purchase. 

Can anyone give me some tips?
phillv85 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillv85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 9:02am
I had to drill mine out
Ace` View Drop Down
User
User
PlanB contributor #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 9:03am
If you pry it off with a screw driver or similar it's going to damage the plastic around it. I always drill them out, start with a small drill bit and then a large one, the metal is pretty soft so doesn't take long.
StalkS View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StalkS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Ace` Ace` wrote:

If you pry it off with a screw driver or similar it's going to damage the plastic around it. I always drill them out, start with a small drill bit and then a large one, the metal is pretty soft so doesn't take long.

+1

Edited by StalkS - 09 Jan 2019 at 9:50am
K1ngarth3r View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K1ngarth3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 10:18am
It seems such a shame to drill it, but get the point about damaging the surrounding plastics!

I'm sure there's a tool out there that can remove it easily, but damned if I know what it's called!
Flinnster View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 10:44am
'Capcom Press Pin Removal Tool'

Which was only available to capcom internal staff... Unhappy

WTD: Outrun DLX cab, Rolling Thunder pcb
Parts WTD: Dino King Door, Coin Box, Coin Chute
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic