Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Auctions & Ebay Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

i am having an overdue clearout.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i am having an overdue clearout.
    Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 10:09am
just a heads up of coming soon ebay stuff you could 'follow' my selling … some members on here possibly do already...……..  

I don't want to list what I have for sale here or put an actual price on it so it will be going ebay way..
its possibly been owned from new in our north wales arcades and holiday camps sites but I am drowning in surplus arcade stuff that's been stored for longer than some people on here have been members...  some of it might be 'crap' in a persons personal view .. but some is 'blue chip' when jengineer came past recently he jokingly said "can I just buy your home workshop contents for £10.000 , I will go to the bank now! ! " and that's just the 'crap' no 'mega classics' left we sold off a load of those about 10 years ago. (but theres about 25 various machines/pins/jukes buried under the junk here at home)

I am at that age where several machines are never going to be appreciated and moreover parts are not going to be used or in some cases I don't have the enthusiasm to repair or refurbish all the stuff I have.

I currently have a golden tee supreme on ebay and several vintage 80s space invader 'bits' just to start off my new year …….. there will - all being well - some full cabinets and odd parts / pcbs too coming up … don't know which or what they are worth as some are unusual games some work some have issues..... but most of them must go … I have a few favourites I would like to have space to set up and play them 

40 years of hoarding ends soon you may not be interested now in the items offered on EBAY but I intend to put a few cabinets on when I get any cheap selling offers.  (6by3or7by4)   my ID this is pooltable sizes as that is one of my main interests

we regularly take van loads of machines to Thorncliffe recycycling in wales but that costs iro £140 per ton to tip mainly recent fruits but sometimes just arcade casualties...…  that's a bit sad I prefer someone else to enjoy them even if it means a bit of investment in repairs or buying the items .. just depends what you are happy with...…WITH EBAY YOU DECIDE WAHAT ITS WORTH TO YOU ALONE … what you want to pay or what you can afford in what we all know is an expensive hobby I collect arcadia as well as operate a related business…. 

in an ideal world I would turn back time (even just 10 years) and keep the lot but I have just had a realism check again that none of us are immortal . one family and one a long time arcade colleague friend...…. and I am 66 this year ………. I only need one more 6 ( 69er ) (6by3or7by4) also loved the prisoner No6 on tv and once smoked that cigarette type in the 70s ……  getting a bit old for hauling machines round …. tho installing pooltables in pubs and houses is still a regular hazard I must face.

Ouch ! at the time of posting this I had 222 points LOL good thing I am not coicidentphobic if thats a word.for thing similar happening??  Wink

Edited by 69er - 10 Jan 2019 at 10:34am
undefeated arcade junk hoarder champion since 1977

IF YOU CHUCK IT AWAY YOU NEED IT THE NEXT DAY!!
TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 10:26am
Good luck ! Be nice to see what comes up. Sadly I don't have room for cabs but I do buy Faulty PCB's in bulk if you have any coming up ?? Again I try my best to repair and keep as many going as I can.

Dave.
AKA Wonderboy.
Macro View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 10:34am
I must say the workshop sounds interesting ... mind you, not got 10k to spare on repair tools and parts.

will await the auctions with interest Big smile

jinq-sea View Drop Down
User
User

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinq-sea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 11:23am
This could be interesting! :)
Equites View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chief Sheesher®

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Equites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 12:04pm
Hey Norm

Hope you Joyce and the girls are well. You must drop in on me if you're ever passing.

What's all this de-hoarding business?

Sheesh.

Save the best hoarding materials for me.
Atari PCB's (and most non-Atari), AR2's, Vector Deflection/HV boards repaired & refurbished.
Wanted: Non-working Atari PCBs.
Zektor View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zektor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 12:48pm
If you have a 23” black and white monitor for sale I’d buy it . Good luck with the sales.
Shinydaz View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 1:06pm
money=zero
Room=zero

Will I buy something.....probably!
Out of room but always room for one more !
69er View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 9:19am
well Duncan (jengineer) must be an astute valuer,,,,   just 14 of the pcbs currently have bids and would have already returned 10% of his investment (and not finished yet with a number of watching eyes) and that's just one crate and a couple of pcbs off a shelf ……I think there's about 20 currently listed to finish today or tomorrow… 
   thanks to anyone on here who is already on the 'hopeful recipient' list

jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 9:40am
you've got some decent pcb's there Norm, if I'd had the money I think I would of offered you 5k for all your loot, then there's room for profit, would take hours and hours over several weeks to sell all your stuff

good luck with the auctions pal Thumbs Up
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
devtty0 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devtty0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 9:51am
What’s the eBay username we are looking for here? Got a link? Cheers
wanted :
sega model 3 racing games
namco system 22 racing games
model 3 to naomi psu adapter
Ronnie Dent View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Dent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 10:00am
Sounds like a treasure cove to me. What pinballs do you have Norm?

Ronnie
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 10:13am
link below

pins were ones from the 80's if I remember correctly, but everything kinda buried in there so hard to see what's at the back

ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 10:39pm
Wow , Had my eye on a few of these but went for way way too much for me ! People are bidding like crazy. Even the faulty ones people are going mad prices, Its defiantly a sellers market at the minute.
See what the next lot you have go for I suppose ………………………………………….

Dave.
AKA Wonderboy.
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Call me jamma jim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 11:48pm
I’m going to put some faulty pcbs on eBay this week with pics as they do seem to fetch good money.
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted., bezerk, mad planets.
digweed View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:52am
Originally posted by bonehead bonehead wrote:

I’m going to put some faulty pcbs on eBay this week with pics as they do seem to fetch good money.

If the sales go through smoothly then good idea but always worried about scammer, returned items, claims, etc. 
Wanted: Naomi Naomi Naomi spares, everything considered :)
John Bennett View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 7:13am
Wow, someone sure wants a Robocop in a hurry
http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).
getready View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getready Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 10:34am
I had been lusting after your Moonwalker PCB since I saw it listed last weekend -- but my last second bid of £277 was sadly gazumped.

Still a good deal for the winner though, and quite a satisfying afternoon's work to add the caps and touch up the gold on the fingers.

Will keep a look out for your other auctions!   

(Also, sorry to read you have to sell off a lot of your stuff, however that's quite incredible you've owned a lot of the boards from new. Certainly sounds like you've had good use of them over the decades!)

Edited by getready - 11 Feb 2019 at 10:43am
69er View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 1:07pm
I had a few of those MJs moonwalker  over the years wish I had them now...… amazed at price you only have to look at my suggested start prices and they could have easily gone for a couple of bids ?? I recall downsizing our depot 10 years ago we had boxes and boxes of pcbs 20 -30 in a box and couldn't get £25 a box tho they were just rough stacked boards …………..  chucked loads away ……… 

when we bought our first batch of pcbs 10 flying shark , 20  rastan saga 5 rock n rage and 36 cabs were made ………one was specifically for a customer who had a dedicated pole position put in it and THATS HOW THE PEDASTAL FRONT CABINET CAME TO BE INVENTED IN 1987 to fit a foot pedal at the side INSPIRED BY SEGA HANG ON a unique shaped u/r cabinet..  got  much copied especially by PAC who assembled many of ours but used a wooden CP instead of metal in case they infringed copyright but we never patented it GENERIC CABS WERE BEING MADE BY EVERYBODY SINCE COLOUR CAME OUT IN THE EARLY 80s BUT ALL FLAT FRONTED ( alca electrocoin universal and I remember buying loads old black ash heavy cabs SYSTEM ONE invaders SYSTEM TWO galaxian S THREE ? scramble I think SYSTEM FOUR pacman etc don't recall who made them tho') ….. 

the rastan saga pcbs 18 of them had consecutive serial numbers.. and the game was shown on our sales fliers with rastan saga on screen ………..  they cost an arm and a leg new back then but demand was high and our cabs were a new inivative design never seen till 

@digweed had a scammer few years back sold a sega rally pcb and he used a bid sniper but didn't reckon on someone else also having a sniper bid set up both bid 150 quid for a pcb on 32.00 with seconds to go one came in at 45 ish and those two fist to bid got it split second between them..

went to a garage in some railway arches reckoned it was faulty and he even tried his boards and his mates boards in his machine (which meant he wanted working bits to fix two others by my thoughts ) 

I gave in and let him have a 50% refund at his suggestion ( that's odd if pcb was so bad ??? ) about two weeks later a sega rally twin fully working was advertised for 700 on ebay .. and stated he had a new board specially to get the first side player one working … I went to a house machine repair job not that machine (a pinball) a guy I knew in stoke ) about 10 weeks later turns out he bought it and I looked inside and every pcb in the player 1 stack had 1--1 on it ………….  my markings at that time obviously put straight in ………. t**ser , but £75 was still ok for me £50 would have been ok BUT AWARE NOW SINCE THAT GUY …….. 

Edited by 69er - 11 Feb 2019 at 1:17pm

69er View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 1:47pm
just searching out an aforementioned flyer and on top of it was a Robocop instruction pamphlet MANY OF THESE pcbs HAVE SOLD TO OVERSEAS BUYERS however Robocop stayed in south Wales AND IF THE BUYER IS A UKVAC USER I  WILL ENCLOSE THE BOOKLET FREE WITH THE ROBOCOP pcb useful bit of info edge jamma and dip settings cabinet and monitor connctions .. small rip but its free to pcb buyer just PM me 

mysticmonk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 2:15pm
That flyer is very cool :)

As for people buying faulty boards, if it's a low price, fine. But when you factor in repair costs, that it might not be repairable, that the owner may know it's a hopeless task, etc... It's not worth the sizeable gamble at higher prices.

I think robocop, for instance, is a 100 odd quid game fully working. Anything over 25 quid is too much for a faulty game in my opinion.

I'm not a gambler, in other words :p
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic