FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Topic ClosedIs Martin still driving about

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 1:23pm
Jeese I seem to have started another war !! Lol oops !

Dave.

P.S I am working from home is my boss going to pay my broadband, Gas & Electric why I am here ??
AKA Wonderboy. If there is such a thing as reincarnation , knowing my luck , I will come back as me !!
terminator2k2 View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 1:37pm
This 80% wage from the government isn't even in place to help small businesses, The place i work at closes today with full pay for 2 weeks then 80% until all cash is gone from the bank after that its bankruptcy unless the government has this 80% in place. The company have told us 2 weeks Max without a government help, then redundancy.
urbanledge View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by TheDaddy TheDaddy wrote:

Dave.

P.S I am working from home is my boss going to pay my broadband, Gas & Electric why I am here ??

Your gas & electric will be the least of your concerns in the next 3/4 weeks.

neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by urbanledge urbanledge wrote:

Originally posted by TheDaddy TheDaddy wrote:

Dave.

Your gas & electric will be the least of your concerns in the next 3/4 weeks.

No bog roll...

Edited by neo-geo-mvs - 24 Mar 2020 at 3:53pm
TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 4:13pm
Wiping my ass on leaves at the minute , Nothing else to use !

Dave.
AKA Wonderboy. If there is such a thing as reincarnation , knowing my luck , I will come back as me !!
aztecca View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by terminator2k2 terminator2k2 wrote:

This 80% wage from the government isn't even in place to help small businesses, The place i work at closes today with full pay for 2 weeks then 80% until all cash is gone from the bank after that its bankruptcy unless the government has this 80% in place. The company have told us 2 weeks Max without a government help, then redundancy.

Same here for me I work for a small manufacturing company.(About 29 people)We were sent home yesterday with 2 weeks Half pay.After that God knows.The boss couldn't get any Info about the 80% from the government.So is paying us the 50% out of his own pocket.It was either that or star sick pay of £94 a week.Not looking good.
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
I'll get pix tonight

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 6:41pm
I’m still at work as the guidelines are so blurry.
All companies are saying it’s an essential job which mine isn’t!!!!

We need more clarification.
Only much time I saw 3 decorators vans painting the front of a house, how is that important? They should be fined!!!
Crazy.
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted., Mad Planets.

Mykill View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 6:53pm
A three months break on a mortgage will cost upwards or 10000 -20000 lower end of scale.
I use them a before I sell a house , how long will it push your mortgage out
Someone gonna make a lot of money .
Don't touch the red wire
smf View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by SUPERSPRINT SUPERSPRINT wrote:

There are police checks going on now so unless he can prove the delivery of an asteroids is essential he will be fined.

I don't think the police have the manpower or appetite to fine everyone, or possibly anyone.

Supposedly they are going to have a friendly word with anyone breaking the rules and see what happens.

The 80% scheme isn't going to happen quickly....

How to access the scheme

You will need to:

• designate affected employees as ‘furloughed workers,’ and notify your employees of this change - changing the status of employees remains subject to existing employment law and, depending on the employment contract, may be subject to negotiation
  • submit information to HMRC about the employees that have been furloughed and their earnings through a new online portal (HMRC will set out further details on the information required)

HMRC will reimburse 80% of furloughed workers wage costs, up to a cap of £2,500 per month. HMRC are working urgently to set up a system for reimbursement. Existing systems are not set up to facilitate payments to employers.

If your business needs short term cash flow support, you may be eligible for a Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan.

Edited by smf - 24 Mar 2020 at 6:57pm
Sbdesign View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 7:06pm
I took it all as...
not just "essential business" but all business that can respect the measures, and only if you can't work.

Edited by Sbdesign - 25 Mar 2020 at 12:08am
WANTED: VIRTUA COP 1 / F355 2 pcb / Point Blank 3 / Silverline 26 / Super Megalo Marquee
PAC-MAN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 7:16pm
It would appear people are struggling with the understanding of three words.

'stay at home'

Loud and clear over here, been in the game room since 1.00pm and just wobbled out pissed!!!

Roll on tomorrow!!

jengineer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 7:17pm
yeah the whole idea is just f*cked up

it's either a lockdown or it's not

telling people to stay at home but it's ok to go for a run, walk or cycle????

I went to the chemist today to pick up some meds for my mum and to be truthful I have never seen as many people walking around, cycling and jogging on a Tuesday day ever in my life, the chemist was also full of people too, the queue was out the door, oh 6ft apart from each other (like that's gonna help....)

the whole day was just like a very sunny bank holiday, 

it needs to be lockdown completely which I don't think will never happen

there's simply no easy answer

Edited by jengineer - 24 Mar 2020 at 7:19pm
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
PAC-MAN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by jengineer jengineer wrote:

I went to the chemist today to pick up some meds for my mum and to be truthful I have never seen as many people walking around, cycling and jogging on a Tuesday day ever in my life, the chemist was also full of people too, the queue was out the door, oh 6ft apart from each other (like that's gonna help....)

I don't believe these people Duncs.

I went in to Tesco this morning, got there at 08.10 - I had my spraying mask in the back of the van so put it on. Felt a proper dick at first but then I started seeing more people with masks on, not many people in there, everybody keeping their distance. Out of 80 people, 25-30 had a mask on and gloves.

Over 8000 cases in the UK now, 442 have already died!
John Bennett View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by RygarR RygarR wrote:

Erm, last week Boris implied he'd shaken hands with Coronavirus patients, then he talked about 'herd immunity' (coz we're all sheeples), then that it'd blow over in 12 weeks and we should take it on the chin, then he said that there was no need for a lockdown. Now we have a partial lockdown. My guess is that big cities will see an even tighter clampdown later in the week.

Don't waste your time trying to find 'loopholes' in the rules, they'll chage soon anyway. Just be sensible and stay safe. Being hygeinic and staying away from other people as much as possible is all you can do.

100%.
Shame if the population becomes pre-occupied with fury at folk being outside the house, when the govt had months of watching this hell brewing. Need more love at a time of misery Embarrassed.
Love to Martin too - not met him, but seems a crucial guy to this scene/hobby Clap

Sadly I think the most likely way out is 2 years of periodic shutdowns to keep casualties within the NHS limits:https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/sph/ide/gida-fellowships/Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf  (that paper that made the U-turn a week ago - see page 12)

http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).
tin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 8:00pm
The blurriness in the instructions are so that there doesn't have to be a full lock down.  The instruction is basically don't go anywhere near anyone that you don't absolutely have to. People - even thick bastards - should be able to work that out for themselves (NB I realise as I wrote that I might be calling people here thick bastards - that's not the intention!)

Of course there is the added dimension of people's livelihoods. Frankly that is a problem. The government needs to sort that quickly. I can't blame a great many people that should really not be out and about still being out and about. If they stop, they don't get paid, and cover for that is NOT sorted yet.

If you can avoid going anywhere and you can avoid being near absolutely everyone, then do. If your mates are being bellends about it, go the extra mile and get them to fooking stop.

If not enough people do it, then we will get a lock down regardless of if you believe the hype about coronavirus and spreading it or not.

Edited by tin - 24 Mar 2020 at 8:05pm
J69 View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by John Bennett John Bennett wrote:

Originally posted by RygarR RygarR wrote:

Erm, last week Boris implied he'd shaken hands with Coronavirus patients, then he talked about 'herd immunity' (coz we're all sheeples), then that it'd blow over in 12 weeks and we should take it on the chin, then he said that there was no need for a lockdown. Now we have a partial lockdown. My guess is that big cities will see an even tighter clampdown later in the week.

Don't waste your time trying to find 'loopholes' in the rules, they'll chage soon anyway. Just be sensible and stay safe. Being hygeinic and staying away from other people as much as possible is all you can do.

100%.
Shame if the population becomes pre-occupied with fury at folk being outside the house, when the govt had months of watching this hell brewing. Need more love at a time of misery Embarrassed.
Love to Martin too - not met him, but seems a crucial guy to this scene/hobby Clap

Sadly I think the most likely way out is 2 years of periodic shutdowns to keep casualties within the NHS limits:https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/medicine/sph/ide/gida-fellowships/Imperial-College-COVID19-NPI-modelling-16-03-2020.pdf  (that paper that made the U-turn a week ago - see page 12)

Seconded. The lack of urgency at a time when this could have been contained is criminal. 

I work in the local A&E dept, as does my wife, so Ive got 2 hopes of avoiding a dose of COVID!
councilface View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 10:12pm
Tories are the real virus
penrhos View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 11:24pm
Work want us to run a skeleton staff on site with 90% working from home via Citrix & vpn.

Keeping the website and core infrastructure running has been deemed "essential work" so we've been shifted to provide cover...

Our management think this will last all summer and have cancelled out of as many summer clothing contracts as possible and have scaled down Xmas too.

FFS : The only thing that's selling well is loungewear, everything else is selling so slowly we have enough stock to last the rest of the year.

This is going to be messy - until 60%+ of the population have caught it and recovered itll just ramp up and kill in waves. If you lockdown so none gets it the second you let people out they will catch it in droves. So you have to let people catch it but at a rate where deaths are acceptable.

If we have less than 10,000 killed by this it'll be a win.

The high street may never look the same as a lot of shops will not survive, same for the self employed or small companies - the cashflow will simply stop for months.

Edited by penrhos - 25 Mar 2020 at 9:55am
TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by penrhos penrhos wrote:

Work want us to run a skeleton staff on site with 90% working from home via Citrix & vpn.

Keeping the website and core infrastructure running has been deemed "essential work" so we've been shifted to provide cover...

FFS : the only thing that's selling well is loungewear, everything else is selling so slowly we have enough stock to last the rest of the year.

Citrix , oh good lord.

Good luck !

Lol
SUPERSPRINT View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by councilface councilface wrote:

Tories are the real virus

This isn’t political, it’s the human races need to f**k with stuff we shouldn’t be f**king with that’s got us in this mess. Natures way of revenge for our greed and self obsession. Let it be a lesson to all. If there was a wake up call for humans to change their ways, this is it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic