User
PlanB contributor #1

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 11:52pm
I already knew not to eat bats.
bbz149 View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 12:34am
f**k that!! I'm not commuting into London and getting on the Underground for any Employer!! I'm not leaving the house simple as!! Supposed to be on Holiday in Mexico this week for 11 Days, Spain for Easter and diving in Egypt in May, all forked Ouch So I'm sure as hell not going to forking work Thumbs Down

Wife works for the NHS and we are not being told everything!!

Currently orking from Home, gone through 3 Boxes of Beer and running low Cry We all know who's to blame for this crap and not like it's the first time either! but I'm not even going to start ranting about that on the Forum!!!!
Shinydaz View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 3:23am
Originally posted by SUPERSPRINT SUPERSPRINT wrote:

Originally posted by councilface councilface wrote:

Tories are the real virus

This isn’t political, it’s the human races need to f**k with stuff we shouldn’t be f**king with that’s got us in this mess. Natures way of revenge for our greed and self obsession. Let it be a lesson to all. If there was a wake up call for humans to change their ways, this is it.

Totally agree with you.
Out of room but always room for one more !
neoretro View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:32am
Originally posted by councilface councilface wrote:

Tories are the real virus

So it’s not Live food markets where generally abhorrent treatment of animals goes on which created the virus?

And then not people who were being told you can save people’s lives & the NHS if you don’t go out, then those people being so narrow minded they still go out to, of all things, the arcades.

If anything the only problem this government had was thinking it could trust the whole of the British public to not be prats.

People need to take some responsibility for their actions then maybe we wouldn’t have to all be locked away in pain of police action.

I’m sure any political party would do their best & have the same issues wherever they are on the political spectrum.
neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:56am
Originally posted by Ace` Ace` wrote:

This.

I'll stick to chicken
penrhos View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:02am
Originally posted by neo-geo-mvs neo-geo-mvs wrote:

This.

I'll stick to chicken

Still not safe -  another Chinese export "Bird Flu".

This is mother nature's way of teaching us not to f**k with her.

Funnily after someone sent a copy of an internal email to the warehouses to Peres Morgan and it was put up on Twitter the official party line at work has changed.

We're only to visit site for essential work and are to be on site for as long as that work requires (ie to collect samples, packages or to repair equipment).

Only the call centre and warehouses are open and they have been issued PPE and gallons of sanitiser (plus having to stay > 2M apart) so every other picking station and loading bay, call centre one person per bay of desks.
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:39am
One of the guys from the print warehouse got sent home this morning on his way in from Penzance. Police have a roadblock up and were stopping every car to ask the purpose of the journey.

His was not deemed essential so got sent back. Looks like they aren't messing about down here with it, even if the statement on not being able to work from home was a little vague.
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
Retroman839 View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 11:52am
bought a cab three days ago  cant go to pick it up  because it isn't essential.

self employed builder  not working anymore     couple of brass farthings just aint worth dying for.  
wishing  everyone all the best through this..  
 hope gov  send money to  the people   as it is required as we all got bills to pay.

money is a construct.
life is real

Bods View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 12:49pm

Is Ozzy Ozbourne to blame for that thoErmm

Government are useless and the general public are morons, give them road speed limit's and how many can mange to adhere to that, virtually no one so they will not do anything their asked

Still holding Cheltenham and big concerts the other week was mental

I've got no problem staying at home, happy doing it all year, many people their lives resolve around, work, going out, work going out so now there asked to stay at home, they are all bored, thought everyone was obsessed with watching TV box sets these days, so why not do it now they have chance

Instead they are all going to take up something many never do, Exercise as it's an excuse to go out

Glad I don't have to worry about anything else than avoiding the Virus

Yesterday someone asked the Question, can I go out driving in the car to a place I like to walk where I don't see other people, answer Yes that's fine. so if you get stopped just say your going to a place to exercise alone. How bloody stupid is that when your being told to stay home then they wonder why it's like it is
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
gunblade View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 1:10pm
self isolation is easy, i hate most people anyway 
big10p View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 1:21pm
When you're a full-time carer, it's just business as usual. I'm stuck at home 99.9% of the time, anyway! Confused
paulcan69 View Drop Down
User
User
Can reburn OTP EPROMs! Fear my power!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by gunblade gunblade wrote:

Totally agree

You still fixing chassis’s Grant?
I might actually get a chance to get em out over the next few days
Post might be slow though
Arcade Otaku name: paulcan69

ebay name: paulcan2
gunblade View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by paulcan69 paulcan69 wrote:

yes i am, got a lot in atm though so need to catch up this week

Totally agree

You still fixing chassis’s Grant?
I might actually get a chance to get em out over the next few days
Post might be slow though
RaveN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 2:21pm
"So it’s not Live food markets where generally abhorrent treatment of animals goes on which created the virus?"

True.  But it's hard to blame the Chinese when they're 5000 miles away and we did virtually nothing to contain it at the beginning.
It's our obsession with global air travel, cruises etc. that caused it to reach us.
Bear in mind we did a great job creating BSE, and spreading Cholera and smallpox around the world, killing vast amounts of people, and yet we're happy to blame others.

People find it hard to accept that the Tories have reduced hospital beds by 16,000 over the last 10 years. We have less than half of the beds per 1000people/population than say France. We also lost a lot of EU NHS workers in the last few years, and the NHS had its worst performance statistics on record last year.
We could be in a much better position than we are now, that's a statistically proven fact, the only people that talk about how this is irrelevant at the current time are the people that voted for it.
Welcome to bonus stage.
RaveN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by PAC-MAN PAC-MAN wrote:

It would appear people are struggling with the understanding of three words.

'stay at home'

Loud and clear over here, been in the game room since 1.00pm and just wobbled out pissed!!!

Roll on tomorrow!!

Unless of course you're a keyworker, construction workers, plumbers, electricians, boiler repair people, work in diy and pet stores, car garages, and ANYONE that can't work remotely where their employee deems it "necessary" work.... (According to the government)

Yeah, funny that, it's crystal clear...
Welcome to bonus stage.
Bods View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by RaveN RaveN wrote:

'stay at home'

Loud and clear over here, been in the game room since 1.00pm and just wobbled out pissed!!!

Roll on tomorrow!!

Unless of course you're a keyworker, construction workers, plumbers, electricians, boiler repair people, work in diy and pet stores, car garages, and ANYONE that can't work remotely where their employee deems it "necessary" work.... (According to the government)

Ya missed Cycle Shops and people to put Parking fines on Hospital staff cars
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
Bods View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 2:40pm

I bought a Mr Men Jigsaw from Charity shop, for my other half to buy me because I made me laugh and she would of bought it for me if she saw it, reason is she calls me Grump anyway

So Mr Grumpy she would of bought. on it says for one

I hate Morning People
and Mornings
and People

one of my mates is gonna love all the kids and familys at home in his close, it does his head in with all the neighbours Dogs, kids making noise when off school, can imagine what he's gonna think to thisLOL

69er View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 3:27pm
we've never opened the main arcade yet this year and all our other sites are pubs bowling alley two swim/leisure centres , a theatre and other arcades so everywhere is apparently CLOSED 

however I yesterday got a phone call from another nearby arcade could I go and fix his Mario cart ………. a beach side arcade with about 130 machines and this one wants me drive 60 miles to repair ONE????? NO sorry why you even open? 

there's  still about 6 in ours need some attention but have abandoned them till we foresee an opening period some time ahead SO MAKES SENSE ……just wish I had kept the float moneys as we empty off over the winter...…….  

I applaud the key workers and have put a note on my front door thanking post and parcels for trying to work normally it shows my appreciation in a small way ,,,,,,,,

my 3 children are all quite key workers as one is a doctor one a teacher/medic in an appointed open school and one is a cleaner in the largest bread bakery in the northwest, her husband is a teacher but that school is closed so he has the kids,,,,,, I have volunteered my van use to a local foodbank through parish council but they are ok up to now...…….  

just by luck we have quite low occurrence of virus outbreak in our area but we are still respectful of the isolation advice and I think a lot of people here are following the stay home rule...…the recycling lorry just came down the road (highlight of today) no other traffic movement….  the shops are sort of half busy especially the chemist who had a queue about 40 meters long yesterday as I picked up milk and bread and grapes at Tesco local..  not many panic buyers and the Tesco staff are just part loading shelves so there's a good chance of supplies throughout the day.

WORST THING IS WE JUST HAD AN AREA WIDE POWER CUT FOR ABOUT 20 minutes THAT MADE IT SEEM ISOLATED EVEN MORE no tv or pc and couldn't even power up the home workshop OUCH!!!! 

just back to the topic title...…. I think Martin has been in self isolation for several years already I drive the lonely trucking world myself when necessary and its an acquired life to lead … especially high mileage runs best wishes Martin if you are reading these posts between trips Keep well...…….. 

a few people have phoned the depot this week and last week to see if we could get them a pool table into the house now they are home with time on their hands...…again sorry non- essential service…. they will be wanting us buy them back soon as they get bored or spill beer and food on them and you can't invite your mates round anyway (social gathering and distancing) so its not as much fun as it would be down the pub! if they were open of course!!
undefeated arcade junk hoarder champion since 1977

IF YOU CHUCK IT AWAY YOU NEED IT THE NEXT DAY!!
PAC-MAN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 3:45pm
Deleted, apologies

Edited by PAC-MAN - 25 Mar 2020 at 3:46pm
PAC-MAN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by RaveN RaveN wrote:

'stay at home'

Roll on tomorrow!!

Absolutely sir, I'm 100% in agreement with you.

I was referring to the idiots in the parks, huddled in groups, people out of work literally treating the lock down as a holiday without a care in the world. I should have made that a bit clearer, my mistake.

Of course, it is a mess and it most certainly isn't crystal clear.

I appreciate your input.

While I'm here, I spoke to a nurse from our local hospital (more of a shout due to the distance we kept)

We have 2 confirmed cases at the Salisbury hospital so far.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic