Author

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Ace` Ace` wrote:

I already knew not to eat bats.

I already knew to stay away from humans. LOL

WTD: Outrun DLX(yes REALLY!), Rolling Thunder, PacMania
Parts WTD: Any Dino King / LnB / MushiKing Spare Parts!
penrhos View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 6:47pm
I wonder if the local tip will be open....

Another week of this and I'll have finished tidying the shed, greenhouse, loft & garage and will need to get rid of a few car loads of crap...

big10p View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 7:00pm
Off-licences have been added to the governments list of 'essential' retailers. WTF.
Shinydaz View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by big10p big10p wrote:

Off-licences have been added to the governments list of 'essential' retailers. WTF.

That will be for Boris's dad.
Out of room but always room for one more !
favouredson View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by PAC-MAN PAC-MAN wrote:

......I was referring to the idiots in the parks, huddled in groups, people out of work literally treating the lock down as a holiday without a care in the world......

I work in a hospital and am still expected to go to work and on my 8 minute cycle home I passed more people than on an ordinary day.

And I live almost next door to a university...
Garry
RygarR View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 10:54pm
Ours is locked down
Originally posted by penrhos penrhos wrote:

Another week of this and I'll have finished tidying the shed, greenhouse, loft & garage and will need to get rid of a few car loads of crap...

aztecca View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 7:54am

Our local tips are all closed.Ive been off since Monday.Ive cleaned both sheds out.Done the front and back gardens.The side of my house is already pilled high with paint tins and bits of wood etc.Today I'm going to pressure wash the slabs and drive.
Bods View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 1:30pm

They said a few days back all tips in Derby, Notts and Leic to shut

just at the time when gardens are going to need sorting out, people will have time to do it and no one will be able to get rid of it, fly tipping epidemic next then

People can still sell a car on ebay though and other non essential items, post office near partners wasn't even open when they should be
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
John Bennett View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 1:32pm
The bin collections here stopped last week, unannounced - we're already full. It could get messy.

http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).
Pete View Drop Down
User
User
Dear GamesMaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 5:17pm
Apart from the quiet roads my work life has remained the same since lockdown, although there a rumour at work that things might be drying up soon as suppliers shut down in Europe.
smf View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 3:58pm

What has that got to do with anything? Are you going on the racist stereotypes of how the virus was spread?

Originally posted by neoretro neoretro wrote:

So it’s not Live food markets where generally abhorrent treatment of animals goes on which created the virus?

The market in wuhan that might have been the source of the outbreak didn't sell bats, which is the usual source of coronavirus.

Although not all of the initial patients had any link to that market or came in contact with someone who did. It's the type of thing that right whingers like to perpetuate against "the yellow peril" though. I've heard dumbest arguments that we should force them to close the markets for good in case it was, these are the brexiest of brexit supporters who don't want foreigners telling us what to do. They don't see the irony of their ridiculous statements. They then went on to demand I came up with a solution, as if pointing out someone is dumb means I have the power to make it all better (the last time I checked I don't, but then nobody does).

A previous coronavirus was from bats urinating on things that people then touched.
I very much doubt you manage to avoid touching anything that hasn't been pee'd on by something.

If anything the only problem this government had was thinking it could trust the whole of the British public to not be prats.

The conservatives were very wishy washy from the outset. There are various theories why this is the case, but lots of scientists were pointing out how it was leading to people not even taking washing their hands seriously. Even when the government u-turned they did it in a way that didn't look serious & people still aren't taking this seriously.

They should make it clearer that the "at least three weeks" isn't because they think it will be safe to stop isolating by then but they know it definitely won't and that is just the date they picked out of thin air when they will announce the next date. It might be to stop panicking but a load of people think that it can't be that bad, because everything is going back to normal in three weeks. So why bother??

My understanding is that within government they don't expect any changes within 12 weeks and even then, that isn't to say things will be back to normal even then. The police have been given powers for six months, which still might not be enough.

The testing kits the government ordered and said were going to be available in days aren't even evaluated yet, they need to make sure that there are no false positives or negatives, they aren't anywhere near ramping up testing. I kinda wish Boris was more interested in running the country than his own popularity, but at least democracy means that the people in the biggest block get what they deserve.

Edited by smf - 27 Mar 2020 at 4:23pm
Stevros View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by big10p big10p wrote:

Because they’re essential.

It wasn’t caused by bats foolish people.

Anyway is Martin working or not? Stay on topic.
WANTED Space invaders PCB Please inbox me!
John Bennett View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:28pm
People seem to think that if they scream 'stay at home' enough (including drive-by eggings of people doing their shopping around here), then this'll go away in 3 weeks. Obviously minimising contact will help hugely, but it'll be repeated cycles of lockdown forevermore until something breaks the cycle, be-it intensive mass testing or a vaccine. Can't shut the country indefinitely.

We're only just seeing the resulting deaths from back when we were washing hands and talking about herd immunity, whilst going to the pub. Wonder how Boris ended up infected...

edit: - sorry, yes, is Martin working?

Edited by John Bennett - 27 Mar 2020 at 4:29pm
http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).
big10p View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:34pm
Boris has it now. Perhaps he caught it in his local offie.
Flinnster View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:39pm
Quote Anyway is Martin working or not? Stay on topic.

Lesser spotted deliveryman seen out and about today, yes Wink

WTD: Outrun DLX(yes REALLY!), Rolling Thunder, PacMania
Parts WTD: Any Dino King / LnB / MushiKing Spare Parts!
Stevros View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

Lesser spotted deliveryman seen out and about today, yes Wink

Thanks man.
WANTED Space invaders PCB Please inbox me!
FrancoB View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Stevros Stevros wrote:

From [COVID 19 Announcement] thread:

Originally posted by Jodo Jodo wrote:

Martin the Deliveryman has, as of 25th March, confirmed that his service is operating as normal, barring observing social distancing rules when collecting and dropping off machines. He has no current plans to limit or suspend his service.
Retroman839 View Drop Down
User
User

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 5:16pm
is martin washing his hands? 
and has he got any spare loo rolls?
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by smf smf wrote:

What has that got to do with anything? Are you going on the racist stereotypes of how the virus was spread?

So it’s not Live food markets where generally abhorrent treatment of animals goes on which created the virus?

The market in wuhan that might have been the source of the outbreak didn't sell bats, which is the usual source of coronavirus.

Although not all of the initial patients had any link to that market or came in contact with someone who did. It's the type of thing that right whingers like to perpetuate against "the yellow peril" though. I've heard dumbest arguments that we should force them to close the markets for good in case it was, these are the brexiest of brexit supporters who don't want foreigners telling us what to do. They don't see the irony of their ridiculous statements. They then went on to demand I came up with a solution, as if pointing out someone is dumb means I have the power to make it all better (the last time I checked I don't, but then nobody does).

A previous coronavirus was from bats urinating on things that people then touched.
I very much doubt you manage to avoid touching anything that hasn't been pee'd on by something.

<span style="color: rgb58, 113, 59; : rgb251, 251, 253;">If anything the only problem this government had was thinking it could trust the whole of the British public to not be prats.
</span><br style="color: rgb58, 113, 59; : rgb251, 251, 253;">
<span style="color: rgb58, 113, 59; : rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
[COLOR="#3a713b"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]The conservatives were very wishy washy from the outset. There are various theories why this is the case, but lots of scientists were pointing out how it was leading to people not even taking washing their hands seriously. Even when the government u-turned they did it in a way that didn't look serious & people still aren't taking this seriously.</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#3a713b"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#3a713b"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]They should make it clearer that the "at least three weeks" isn't because they think it will be safe to stop isolating by then but they know it definitely won't and that is just the date they picked out of thin air when they will announce the next date. </span][/COLOR]<span style="color: rgb58, 113, 59;">It might be to stop panicking but a load of people think that it can't be that bad, because everything is going back to normal in three weeks. So why bother??</span>
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#3a713b"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]My understanding is that within government they don't expect any changes within 12 weeks and even then, that isn't to say things will be back to normal even then. The police have been given powers for six months, which still might not be enough.</span][/COLOR]
</span][/COLOR]
[COLOR="#3a713b"]<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"]The testing kits the government ordered and said were going to be available in days aren't even evaluated yet, they need to make sure that there are no false positives or negatives, they aren't anywhere near ramping up testing. I kinda wish Boris was more interested in running the country than his own popularity, but at least democracy means that the people in the biggest block get what they deserve.</span][/COLOR]

Coronavirus or not the markets should be closed down for animal cruelty reasons.

And being potentially "angry" with a country isnt being racist surely?
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Check out my 80s Synthwave Music :)   https://247retro.bandcamp.com/album/naeon
Vamino View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by John Bennett John Bennett wrote:

People seem to think that if they scream 'stay at home' enough (including drive-by eggings of people doing their shopping around here), then this'll go away in 3 weeks. Obviously minimising contact will help hugely, but it'll be repeated cycles of lockdown forevermore until something breaks the cycle, be-it intensive mass testing or a vaccine. Can't shut the country indefinitely.

We're only just seeing the resulting deaths from back when we were washing hands and talking about herd immunity, whilst going to the pub. Wonder how Boris ended up infected...

edit: - sorry, yes, is Martin working?

How about someone with some power mentioning how important it is to eat foods that boost the immune system to prepare for this outbreak? Y'know, that thing that helps fight colds and stuff which gets stressed during illness or weakens as one gets older..........it used to be an apple a day keeps the doctor away, eat 5 portions of veg/fruit per day and drink lots of water to rehydrate.

I've seen so many people stocking up on burgers, pizza, chocolate, donuts and pop.....people are free to make their own choices in life, but, no one in the mass media seems to be mentioning the importance of nutrition during this insanity.

Lets all wait for a miracle vaccine that will probably be expensive and just tell people with symptoms in the meantime to stay in doors in dust filled houses with automatic air fresheners spraying every 30 mins..........I'm not saying this isn't a terrible thing and isn't affecting people, it clearly is a terrible thing, but the way the media is scaring people to death (literally) boggles the mind to be honest.
Insert Coin[s]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic