Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Manx TT Model 2 ?sound error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Manx TT Model 2 ?sound error
    Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 6:46pm
I've got a Manx TT model 2 PCB that seems to have a strange sound error. I don't have a Manx TT cab, so have hooked it up to my Sega Rally cab (and I'm not sure if this is causing the error, or if the PCB is faulty!). All the self checks come out 'OK'.

Basically, everything works fine initially. But once the bike has accelerated for about ten seconds, the Japanese voice telling me to keep my feet on the pedals comes on whenever I steer past a certain point (either left or right). So it basically comes on pretty much all the time apart from on straights.

So I'm wondering if the original hardware has some sort of switch in the pedal that stops the warning from sounding? Or if it's just a weird sound glitch.

It's actually really playable in a Sega Rally cab (after I swapped the Accel, brake, and steering wires on the harness), so I'd like to sort this annoyance out if anyone had any insights. Thanks!
Message me if you need a JAMMA Cab-ready 15Khz MAME PC!

https://www.arcadepcs.com/
2huwman View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 6:50pm
Here's the Franken-cab, by the way:

patloz View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 9:08pm
I have a full TT cab and there is no sensors on the pedals and I have never heard it tell me to keep my feet up.
2huwman View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 2:40pm
OK Thanks. I've gone through the manual as well and can't see any sensors in the pedals or the foot plates. Probably just a weird fault. I'll check the sound ROMs.

patloz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 2:50pm
I have spare Manx TT game stacks including one with a graphics error if you want some spares :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic