Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Me in an arcade back in the day.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote channel27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by agent4125 agent4125 wrote:

These pics are brilliant.  Thanks for sharing.  I just wish I had some from JG's down in Folkestone in the mid 80s.  Cry

No arcade machine pics but RIP the dome :(
(I'm the one on the left) Big smile

Wanted
Tekken: 3, 5DR, 5.1, 6, 6BR, TTT2
Virtua Fighter: 2.1, 3TB, 4, 5
Any working / faulty Sega Model 1/2/3 boards
kidchameleon View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidchameleon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 5:37pm
Great pic, looks like a still from an 80's tv comercial
Outrun2 View Drop Down
User
User
Colonel Outrun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outrun2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by big10p big10p wrote:

Great pic. Which arcade was that taken in? Did a lot of arcade crawls in Bournemouth back then, but don't remember seeing a sitdown OR.

It would have been one of the ones down on the front - we used to go for an early evening stroll as a family and I always made sure I dragged them in and had a few 10p coins left over from the day!

This was the only time a photo was taken of me in an arcade.. and of course i just had to be playing OutRun!
Would like:
No more cabs.. please!!
agent4125 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agent4125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 7:52pm
YES!!! The Dome!  :)  Many thanks for sharing... I have many great memories going there as a kid.  The Rotunda was awesome... I remember a shooting game where it had a projector screen video of actual cowboys or something... and you shot the screen and they'd die like they'd actually been shot... :D
Wanted: Robotron!
Retroman839 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:25pm
wicked pic!!

mate I reckon after all them arcades,  them trousers and that jacket 
you must have been electro static!
Flinnster View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:42pm

YES!!! The Dome!  :)  Many thanks for sharing... I have many great memories going there as a kid.  The Rotunda was awesome... I remember a shooting game where it had a projector screen video of actual cowboys or something... and you shot the screen and they'd die like they'd actually been shot... :D

Would that be 'Mad Dog McCree' or something older?

Edited by Flinnster - 14 May 2019 at 10:43pm

WTD: Outrun DLX cab, Rolling Thunder pcb
Parts WTD: Dino King Door, Coin Box, Coin Chute
agent4125 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agent4125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

Would that be 'Mad Dog McCree' or something older?

Ooh... I just checked youtube/wikipedia for Mad Dog McCree and it looks pretty similar, but if it was released as stated in 1990, then I'd have been 17 then.  I was probably younger than 12 when the Dome had the similar cowboy game (actually, it was probably in the original rotunda dome, not the 2nd one they built).  I'd love to find out what it was!

Edited by agent4125 - 14 May 2019 at 11:06pm
Wanted: Robotron!
Kev A View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kev A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 9:10am
I initially thought The last bounty hunter, although that was even later. Badlands perhaps? that would be around the right time, although cartoon rather than FMV.
phillv85 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillv85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 10:02am
Hoe old are the Lethal Enforcers games? One of them was Wild West.
RygarR View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RygarR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 10:08am
Great photos guys. Keep em coming. And how true that there are so few of them knocking about. Things were obviously different then. Not having smartphones or digital cameras means we might not have as many props for our nostalgia trips as we would like. But think about this - not breaking every moment to take a photo means we were actually living it, enjoying it and creating the memories we cherish. That's part of what made it so special...
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by phillv85 phillv85 wrote:

Hoe old are the Lethal Enforcers games? One of them was Wild West.

1994. So well after Mad Dog.

WTD: Outrun DLX cab, Rolling Thunder pcb
Parts WTD: Dino King Door, Coin Box, Coin Chute
Shinydaz View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 3:15pm
Not in an arcade but close by, must be late 70s in Skegness. I'm the dude in the middle with the candyfloss hair.

Out of room but always room for one more !
Bods View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 4:36pm
As long as your sister didn't get you mixed up with the doll

My hair was curly when I was really young

Need to go through old photo's sometime

WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic