ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Valuations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Midnight Resistance PCB

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatTrucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Midnight Resistance PCB
    Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 5:14pm
Hi folks. I've been having a clear out of the cabin/games room and come across a Midnight Resistance PCB. This came out of a working cab that I sold about 4 years ago and has been dry stored (and forgotten) in a cupboard.

Any ideas on value?. Pretty sure I've still got a couple of original rotary Sticks to go with it in one of the bits drawers.

Cheers.
grobda View Drop Down
User
User
"Look at the size of that thing!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grobda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 5:30pm
sticks £50 each (if proper snk ones in good condition)
board £100
sporadically obsessed with this sh*t
tb2000 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 5:52pm
Thought Midnight Resistance was worth more than that these days?
griffo83x View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote griffo83x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 6:49pm
£150 for a worker i reckon 
wanted video wizard/ Ec midi / similar jamma cab :)
Flinnster View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 12:49am
Very nice package if complete with the sticks. Would need to see what condition they are in of course.

WTD: Outrun DLX(yes REALLY!), Rolling Thunder, PacMania
Parts WTD: Any Dino King / LnB / MushiKing Spare Parts!
ebebop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebebop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2019 at 10:02pm
I’ll buy it if it’s fully working, the rotory on my board don’t work and I need one to help me fix mine
FatTrucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FatTrucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 12:34pm
Took some pics if it helps.

keiranninjaspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keiranninjaspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by FatTrucker FatTrucker wrote:

Hi folks. I've been having a clear out of the cabin/games room and come across a Midnight Resistance PCB. This came out of a working cab that I sold about 4 years ago and has been dry stored (and forgotten) in a cupboard.

Any ideas on value?. Pretty sure I've still got a couple of original rotary Sticks to go with it in one of the bits drawers.

Cheers.
well midnightvtesistance is worth a lot more now... With stick £400 what a difference a year makes
keirang
Monstermug View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by keiranninjaspirit keiranninjaspirit wrote:

Cheers.
well midnightvtesistance is worth a lot more now... With stick £400 what a difference a year makes

Really?
mozie View Drop Down
User
User

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 4:50pm
^ This .. even with inflation I find it hard to believe anyone would pay that.. maybe 300 at a stretch I’d have thought
Equites View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Chief Sheesher®

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Equites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 4:53pm
A pair of NOS sticks sold on ebay recently for £150 for reference.
Atari PCB's (and most non-Atari), AR2's, Vector Deflection/HV boards repaired & refurbished.
Wanted: Non-working Atari PCBs.
TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by keiranninjaspirit keiranninjaspirit wrote:

Cheers.

Bul***t !!!! You must have one for sale. No way is it worth that !!

Sorry,

Dave.

Madness again !!!!
AKA Wonderboy. If there is such a thing as reincarnation , knowing my luck , I will come back as me !!
Monstermug View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Equites Equites wrote:

A pair of NOS sticks sold on ebay recently for £150 for reference.

Now, on the other hand, that's too cheap. 
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 6:49pm
Those got listed twice as well, no sale the first time around.

I'd have said £250-300 these days for the MR pcb and sticks as a bundle.
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 7:48pm
400? Why do we do this to ourselves?

Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Check out my 80s Synthwave Music :)   https://247retro.bandcamp.com/album/naeon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keiranninjaspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:22am
Hello my friend no cow dung meant.. Yes i do have a board its a good game not great but good.
The rotary sticks can sell for £150 board £250 theres always a right buyer.theres is one on ebay the now for £300. Thanks for reply
keirang

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keiranninjaspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:27am
All these pcbs are investments even if you dont always get back what youve paid and you will get a better investment with arcade pcbs than having savings in a bank. I live the arcade scene and collect a variety of biards.. Recently got splatterhouse, rtype, toki recently gave up smoking so coukd afford these ones..
keirang
mozie View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:47am
Of course your free to value your own boards for whatever you like but that doesn’t mean anyone will actually pay what you dictate the value to be, the market decides that. I’ve got a toki boot here it’s worth 600 to me but would anyone pay that? Of course not. Also Iam not sure how much of an investment arcade boards are tbh, how many will be working in 10 years time? Maybe a couple are busted, maybe more, a custom is dead or another board has to be sacrificed to repair it,that’s a big chunk of your ‘investment’ gone, I think there are far safer bets for investing than dodgy old pcbs.. congrats on giving up smoking though and fingers crossed your boards don’t take it up instead!
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:57am
I'm not sure boards are quite the sound investment we'd like them to be. I've had properly stored boards that were fully working die while sat on the shelf, and suddenly you're left with either a very expensive repair, or a pile of parts that are only useful to fix another broken board.
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keiranninjaspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 3:27pm
Hi guys thanjs for feedback ofcourse your right cant argue sound opinions. Like you said the value is dictated by the current market not last year or next 6months but now.
The toki board you spoke of ofcourse the value is in your enjoyment of having and playing.
My point really is this if i wanted to secure money in an investment gold would be the best bet stable with the possibility of griwth but yiu cant play it.. Value is different to everyone.. I was smoking £300 a month.. Drinking another £200 on top if thst, im a carpet fitter i could have bought many pcbs and still had them to keep or sell at least my cash would have been tied up with a definate return at some point.. You by a new car £1000 or more a year depreciates so i would prefer to buy boards have some fun..
keirang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic