Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Model 3 Dash Timing Belt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Model 3 Dash Timing Belt
    Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 12:04pm
Has anyone found a decent source (i.e. cheap!) for replacement Model 3 dash timing belts? I believe the Sega part number is "601-9173 TIMING BELT"

Fantazia2 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 12:20pm
If you have one to hand or know someone who can check, if you find out how many teeth it has and the belt length and width you can usually check on google for a matching belt.

Sometimes the belts will also have some other numbers/codes on it which googling can find alternatives.

I was looking for a replacement for the Happ 270 force feedback belt as I bought a wheel assembly that was missing it and happ wanted $15 for theirs, but from another assembly I found 140XL printed on the belt and was able to find an alternative for under £3. Allthough I think the more expensive Happ belt is a stronger replacement.
corn View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 1:22pm
Cheers.

I have a belt on another dash, I'll have a look to see if it has any details printed on it. Otherwise I guess I'll be counting teeth!
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 1:58pm
From suzo happ I think it is

3/8 " pitch 3/4" wide and 50 teeth per foot

corn View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 8:44pm
Stripped a dash down and it seems the belt is indeed marked up with useful info.

I'll try and track one down in the UK. To save anyone else messing about trying to get the sizes heres a picture of mine:

From what I've read I think following are the important measurements:

150 = 15mm wide
S5M  relates to the size and pitch of the teeth (5mm)
475 is the length in mm of the belt

Of course, I could be wrong, feel free to correct me!

markjw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markjw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 8:58pm
doing some digging on google and turned up this site - http://robertpringle.com/bando/

A PDF they link to at http://176.32.230.1/robertpringle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Bando-Product-Selector-pages-10-23.pdf lists a STS S5M 150 belt on page 16

Might be worth giving them a try to see if they can supply or know a company that can.
Fantazia2 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 11:08pm
corn View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by markjw markjw wrote:

doing some digging on google and turned up this site - http://robertpringle.com/bando/

A PDF they link to at http://176.32.230.1/robertpringle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Bando-Product-Selector-pages-10-23.pdf lists a STS S5M 150 belt on page 16

Might be worth giving them a try to see if they can supply or know a company that can.

Originally posted by Fantazia2 Fantazia2 wrote:

This?

http://www.bearingstation.co.uk/products/Belts/Timing_Belts/5M/PHG475-5M-15

Thanks chaps - they both look like good options, I'll give them a go. £6ish is more the kind of money I was thinking of.
Sbdesign View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 10:32am
How did these turn out?
WTD:       VIRTUA COP 1 SEGA 1994
taz turbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taz turbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 5:06pm
Sbdesign View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sbdesign Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2019 at 9:05pm
Cheers for that.
Do you get a deadline, or did you before replacing?

WTD:       VIRTUA COP 1 SEGA 1994
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic