Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

MTC 9000 died in sleep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MTC 9000 died in sleep
    Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 8:37pm
I have a 9000 chassis I fixed up a good while ago, which I connected to a tube a few weeks back, and it was working great. Put it to one side while I fix up the cab it's going in, and now it doesn't want to play. Confused

No neck glow but B+ is a steady 143v. Is that a tad high? Some googling suggests fault could be in heater circuit on neck board. Any idea what components I should test? Any other ideas what the problem might be?

Cheers!
gunblade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2017 at 10:47pm
b+ should 130v
does it work if you turn h.hold fully one way or the other
dummy load the b+ and then the HOT

big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 11:02am
I tried it with H Freq turned fully both ways, but still the same. Sorry, I don't know how to dummy load the B+. I'll pull the chassis out later today and see if I can spot anything suspect.

Cheers.

Edited by big10p - 13 Aug 2017 at 11:03am
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 12:47pm
Well, think I've found the problem. Went to remove the neck board to take out the chassis, and this happened. Confused

No idea how this has happened, as I put it out of harms way and am pretty sure I haven't knocked the neck at any point. Bugger! This was a nice burn-free videocolor tube, too. Angry
gunblade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 12:48pm
bummer
Ace` View Drop Down
PlanB contributor #1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 12:51pm
Time to find yourself a 19/20" tv on freecycle and do a tube swap.
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2017 at 1:38pm
Luckily, I've got a spare tube - just has a couple of small scratches in it that I can probably live with. Just fired it up and all seems fine, so at least I know the chassis is good, still.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic