Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

MVS Shockbox

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stox58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MVS Shockbox
    Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 9:03pm
Hi,

I’m looking to purchase a couple of Neo Geo MVS Shockbox’s, let me know if you have any spare.

Thanks from Luke
TheDaddy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDaddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2018 at 10:30pm
You and the rest of us looking , sadly !!

Dave.
AKA Wonderboy.
Stox58 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stox58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 8:36am
Still Looking
StalkS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StalkS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 9:28am
Your best bet would be to ask in the neo-geo.com forums but beware... if you are not already familiar...it's tough community and they are not fond of people starting their first posts in the Wanted or For Sale area's.  This said from a man with experience.

Alternatively, you might want to try arranging a group buy here on the forums and getting them shipped directly from southtown-homebrew.com and then distributing them out? Just a thought.

Anyway good-luck with the search

StalkS
risings0n View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote risings0n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by StalkS StalkS wrote:

Your best bet would be to ask in the neo-geo.com forums but beware... if you are not already familiar...it's tough community and they are not fond of people starting their first posts in the Wanted or For Sale area's.  This said from a man with experience.

Alternatively, you might want to try arranging a group buy here on the forums and getting them shipped directly from southtown-homebrew.com and then distributing them out? Just a thought.

Anyway good-luck with the search

StalkS

I was going to suggest Southtown, if you decide to go down the group buy road I would be in.
FanDabbyDozy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FanDabbyDozy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 1:23pm
I would also be interested in a group buy Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smile
Vinegar Joe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinegar Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 1:45pm
Yeah, I could be interested in a group buy too!
Amb47uk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amb47uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 2:32pm
Agree, never met such a horrible online community as the Neo Geo forums for people sharing a common interest in computer gaming.
kidchameleon View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidchameleon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 2:35pm
They send me a nice hapoy birthday message every year! Saying that I think I posted once there in two years!
Stox58 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stox58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:27pm
Thanks for the replies, just looking for a couple at the moment. May consider a group buy in the future or jump in if someone else wants to arrange one.

Thanks from Luke
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Amb47uk Amb47uk wrote:

Agree, never met such a horrible online community as the Neo Geo forums for people sharing a common interest in computer gaming.

Couldn't agree more. It was the first forum I found when I got in to this hobby and while 1 or 2 were really nice the vast majority were just plain nasty. When I found there were UK arcade forums it was like Christmas LOL
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
Candyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 10:12pm
Anybody checked out this guy yet? (I think it is the spanish guy from ebay who sells neo boxes)

https://www.neooldstore.com/neo-geo-boxes/

This guy's boxes actually look to be better quality than southtown's (I have some ST boxes, I might even sell too)... .. Yes £100 to uk for 4 boxes and insertsCry

I was a bit disappointed with southtowns boxes tbh.. of course they are worth the $8 and great for US folk, but not worth it for non US folk after paying delivery and customs.

This other guys look to be proper vinyl like the old aes vinyl friction lock boxes, which gives more flex and stuff,  also the inner plastic which hold the games cart looks thicker than ST's- again it looks just like the old aes box's inner plastic, which can stand a bit of wear before cracking...... On my SouthTown boxes, the inner plastic is ridiculously thin and cheap at the deep corners.  Also their labels can be misaligned ( they appear off-centre when looking at the spine, cant fix!! ) and the colours can be overdone- good quality, but whoever is sending these to the printer they must have their monitor settings up too high or something. My MS3 label looks like it was coloured in marker and left out in the rain.(sharp lines and quality, terrible colours)

Edited by Candyman - 12 Jan 2019 at 10:16pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic