ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

My town fair arcades video 1983-1995

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My town fair arcades video 1983-1995
    Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 11:12pm
I stumbled across some great videos the other day which show the fair that went to my local town between 1983 and 1995

I've re-compiled the videos to show the arcade machine scenes.  These are the actual fair machines that I used to play on as a kid!  Happy days!

The videos have some really great visuals and sounds, which I'm sure will bring back some memories for some of us.

I will be doing the videos every two years until 1995 if there is enough material.  You rarely see material for the 80's like this, due to the lack of video cameras around, and I really think it captures the atmosphere at this time.  Also I think it shows how things change between 1983 and 1995 video games wise.

To start with here is 1984-1985.  Can you spot any cabs Smile

Also there is a guy that suspiciously looks like a very young forcefulfil @ 4:02 LOL  Maybe it is the temptation of all those fruities!

Hope you enjoy.  There is more to come! 

Edited by Purity - 31 Jul 2014 at 11:31pm
Thefro9 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thefro9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 11:35pm
I call Star Wars SFX in last minute.
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 11:36pm
This is bloody EPIC.

TOOK ME BACK!!!

I need more.
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Thefro9 Thefro9 wrote:

I call Star Wars SFX in last minute.

You can actually see a Star Wars cockpit.

I saw a Space Wars, Pole Position II, Asteroids, Circus, Sprint II and a load of others.
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

giantkeeling View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giantkeeling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 11:42pm
That is amazing, thanks for posting it. I saw many games for the first time at our yearly fair. Defender, Astro Blaster and Gorf are the main ones i remember. In your video i spotted or heard, Star Wars, Phoenix, Track and Field i think, i give up, i have had some tinnies!
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by giantkeeling giantkeeling wrote:

That is amazing, thanks for posting it. I saw many games for the first time at our yearly fair. Defender, Astro Blaster and Gorf are the main ones i remember. In your video i spotted or heard, Star Wars, Phoenix, Track and Field i think, i give up, i have had some tinnies!

Yup you can hear a track and field.  I think there is an Outrun I can hear?  Star Wars definately.  Pacman @ 1:28 Waka, Waka, Waka

There's a Gorf at the start, which is hidden by the fade Angry

Glad you liked it!!  There is more to come I promise!!!  I've got another 21 videos to go through so may take some time LOL

Edited by Purity - 03 Jun 2014 at 11:47pm
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 11:49pm
Here you go....sorry about that

TonyElyod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyElyod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2014 at 11:57pm
I can hear Firebird....Moon Cresta, Phoenix and a few others all ready mentioned...

KEITH LEMONS' DAD....... eating a bagga  chips   !!  Confused....WTF !!!!

It takes you back dunnit !! Thumbs Up

Seeing Phil as well...AWESOME... LOL

Edited by TonyElyod - 04 Jun 2014 at 7:26pm
WHO DARES GINS !!
Vamino View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 3:36am
Man, that vid is awesome! The sounds are so familiar to me, that's exactly how the fair+seaside arcades sounded when I was a kid. It's also a time capsule of how to groom a nation of gamblers! LOL

A hung Orville the Duck....Skol lager advert on the back of that guys coat....lady baffled by Pinball...creepy looking guy eating some chips/nuts/summat....people looked totally surprised at the massive Videocamera!!!....It really doesn't get any better than this!

Thanks for sharing mate.

Cheers.

Edited by Vamino - 04 Jun 2014 at 3:37am
Insert Coin[s]
ataritoobin View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ataritoobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 3:43am
Love it!  Very cool! 
vib_ribbon View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vib_ribbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 7:36am
that's an awesome video, thanks for sharing. i have very fond memories of our local traveling funfair. i wish i have more photos and videos of it.
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 8:10am
I think it is a very cool video, so I'm glad others appreciate it.  I'll try and do 1986-1987 tonight if I get chance

Edited by Purity - 04 Jun 2014 at 8:11am
Thefro9 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thefro9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 8:20am
MORE!
IndyJones View Drop Down

"Partial to Tooty Frooties"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IndyJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 9:04am
I reckon that is the best old school arcade video I have ever watched, always great to see modern arcade games rooms but to have something 100% authentic takes it to another league & such a great thing to preserve for the rest of time Thumbs Up
Hmmm...it IS a good game, but it needs more tooty frooties ...
urbanledge View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote urbanledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 9:06am
the fella at 1 min.
pedo for sure!
Purity View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Oracle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Vamino Vamino wrote:

Man, that vid is awesome! The sounds are so familiar to me, that's exactly how the fair+seaside arcades sounded when I was a kid. It's also a time capsule of how to groom a nation of gamblers! LOL

A hung Orville the Duck....Skol lager advert on the back of that guys coat....lady baffled by Pinball...creepy looking guy eating some chips/nuts/summat....people looked totally surprised at the massive Videocamera!!!....It really doesn't get any better than this!

Thanks for sharing mate.

Cheers.

Yup, I had some similar thoughts.  People are almost embarrassed by the camera.  It wouldn't be the same nowadays!  And someone saying "cheese" to a video camera LOL
Chuckie egg View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckie egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 10:55am
That was fantastic
Some great hair cuts and the sounds were Truley fab
Took me right back
Who was the doggy bloke eating the chips
Jimmy savile ? Lol
Buttonbasher View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buttonbasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 11:19am
Epic

Spotted Fortune Numbers Fruitie at 1:49, classic, would love one of these
Vamino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vamino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Purity Purity wrote:

And someone saying "cheese" to a video camera LOL

LOLLOL
Insert Coin[s]
Thefro9 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thefro9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by urbanledge urbanledge wrote:

the fella at 1 min.
pedo for sure!

Is it the way he eats his chips?
Or the fact he likes to be watched!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic