ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

??? : Mystery courier collection.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ??? : Mystery courier collection.
    Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 12:54pm
This morning someone turned up to collect a cab from my address...

Problem is I've not sold any - So has someone bought a cab and accidentally booked the pickup from mine?

_Matt_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 1:01pm
Maybe it was your Mrs?
stevebm1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevebm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by _Matt_ _Matt_ wrote:

Maybe it was your Mrs?
LOL
====WANTED====
Vector pinball plastics
kidyamlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by penrhos penrhos wrote:

Problem is I've not sold any - So has someone bought a cab and accidentally booked the pickup from mine?

Let me know what you have and I'll remind you what I bought. I definitely paid you already.
For sale: Gastown NOS Robotron cocktail. Wanted: Konami Aliens, Black Widow, Sigma Spiders cabaret
simonden View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 2:11pm
Hah - I am going to try that.  Just send a random courier to each of your houses when a meet is going on (so you are out and wife is home) and get them to say 'Just here to pick up the Robotron'

Was a known arcade courier company?  Or just some random.
kidyamlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by simonden simonden wrote:

'Just here to pick up the Robotron'

lol. Also take flowers.
For sale: Gastown NOS Robotron cocktail. Wanted: Konami Aliens, Black Widow, Sigma Spiders cabaret
karlcdoe View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karlcdoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 5:28pm
Not some kind of elaborate fraud I preusme. I often think coin op equiptment is too bulky for people to bother with but I think some pinball guy got cleaned out a few years back.
bbz149 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbz149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by _Matt_ _Matt_ wrote:

Maybe it was your Mrs?
LOLLOL
kidyamlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by karlcdoe karlcdoe wrote:

Not some kind of elaborate fraud I preusme. I often think coin op equiptment is too bulky for people to bother with but I think some pinball guy got cleaned out a few years back.

It really wouldn’t be the hardest thing to pull off, given the motivation.
Chopper79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 6:11pm
My dad worked in a hospital before he retired, and the hospital bought a new industrial rubbish compactor, similar to the one pictured below. It was only a week old, and it was stolen in broad daylight!!!

northwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by penrhos penrhos wrote:

Jokes aside , please keep us updated incase this is a fraud attempt by either a courier or someone who knows you sending a courier to pay on delivery when they get it.
I was using a Wacker compactor last week when a flat bed transit with a driver that had a dodgy accent ( vehicle had a towbar, hint !! ) Asking that is it easier to collect the hire equipment now or later this evening ! ( It is mine and I was doing home job ) I responded that "I will take back as doing some path at my brother's later , but thanks for asking as that would have been easier ". C***s !
Dodgy folk getting more bold now .

Edited by northwest - 13 Jun 2018 at 9:00pm
SUPERSPRINT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 9:22pm
Pretty awful really, people checking what goes in and out of your house now so that they can take advantage. If they turn up here I’ll make sure I’ve got a big ol rotten cab full of pigeon sh*t they can gladly have.
JohnnyChaos View Drop Down

Blows own trumpet for CHQ cabs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 9:44pm
if you were someone who is often buying and selling cabs and you weren't there, I wonder if your other half would have just let them in.

I'm going to mention this to mine just in case!
www.chaostattoos.co.uk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by JohnnyChaos JohnnyChaos wrote:

if you were someone who is often buying and selling cabs and you weren't there, I wonder if your other half would have just let them in.

I'm going to mention this to mine just in case!

Trouble is my wife would let them take the lot.
Nilyash View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilyash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 9:50pm
If it was my wife she would ask how many are you here to pick up :-(
penrhos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 10:05pm
Mine would too - that's why I keep them locked away and any being collected are put in the garage with a big note on staying when & by who they're being collected.

The only time I've not used Martin or another courier I trust was for the id3 cab I sold and I think that was Redwing but I didn't arrange the collection.

I used to own a Kawasaki motorbike so the garage doors are re-enforced and both house & garage are alarmed.

Edited by penrhos - 13 Jun 2018 at 10:07pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 10:14pm
I wouldn’t worry about it, plenty of chancers about. Could have been a genuine mistake, who knows. People sometimes come down my garden (which is through a private gate and driveway) I just send them off. Nosey maybe or upto something, you’ve just got to make it difficult for the swines.
_Matt_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 10:25pm
Every time I buy a new cab I tell the wife not to worry as I've sold one of my other ones. When she asks why it's still here 6 weeks later I just say I'm just refurbing it for the new buyer or I'm waiting for Martin and it will be going soon. I also swap the marquees around it confuses the sh*t out of her LOL
I've done this for the last 4 cabs I've bought and haven't got rid of any so if someone knocked on my door to pick a cab up she would just hand it over no questions, especially if they say they're from arcade club as that's who I said bought the last one LOL
JohnnyChaos View Drop Down

Blows own trumpet for CHQ cabs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 12:35pm
and what was your address and working hours Matt? :)

Edited by JohnnyChaos - 14 Jun 2018 at 12:36pm
www.chaostattoos.co.uk
_Matt_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 1:20pm
Oops good point I forgot lot's of people know my address Shocked Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic