ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Neo Geo Fusion convertor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinegar Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neo Geo Fusion convertor
    Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 11:55am
Link

Has anyone tried one of these? It is far cheaper than other convertors and seems to have good compatability.

I really don't want to find out how much it would cost to replace my MVS collection in AES silly money
neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 1:21pm
Somebody asked about this on neo-geo.com and the general consensus was that it's good. Not sure how quick it will be to get your order though.

If you get one, it would be good if you could review it here

Vinegar Joe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinegar Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 2:00pm
The guy who makes them has contacted me offering me one (I emailed asking to be added on the waiting list a few weeks ago FWIW), so hopefully should receive it in the near future.

I'll report back when I get one and have had a chance to test it.

The main downside is that they don't come with a case, but maybe I can get one 3D printed? For around £65 shipped it seems a bit more cost effective than getting a NeoSD
neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 2:25pm
Looks similar to a Phantom-1 converter and you could use a hacked AES cart to house it in. Would be better to get a 3d printed job imo unless you have a broken AES cart about
LewisGamer View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LewisGamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 3:41pm
They are great! I was in on the first batch. Highly recommend :)
Independent games store owner and Organizer of Retro Games Night at the Batcave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinegar Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by neo-geo-mvs neo-geo-mvs wrote:

Looks similar to a Phantom-1 converter and you could use a hacked AES cart to house it in. Would be better to get a 3d printed job imo unless you have a broken AES cart about

I only have the 1 AES game (KoF 96) which I won in a competition on neo-geo.com. I've had to wait about 10 years to actually play it

Originally posted by LewisGamer LewisGamer wrote:

They are great! I was in on the first batch. Highly recommend :)

Good to know, thank you. Do you run it bare or have you sorted out a case?
LewisGamer View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LewisGamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2019 at 4:25pm
I ran it bare, it's very sturdy without a case.
Independent games store owner and Organizer of Retro Games Night at the Batcave

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinegar Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2019 at 12:15am
So, time to bump this since my Fusion arrived today.

Have to say it works really well. So far I've tried:

Magical Drop 3
Puzzled
Super Sidekicks 3
3 Count Bout
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 5 (boot)
Baseball Stars
Puzzle Bobble (boot)
Neo Geo cup 98
SNK Vs Capcom (boot)
Pulstar

All worked great! Only Metal Slug X and Metal Slug 4 (boot) didn't work. The former because it is a known compatibility issue (constantly resets), the latter because it is a nasty boot.

So why did I try a load of boots and some random crap? Well, to be honest, I was scared to try anything too expensive for fear of breaking it. The thing is a ridiculously tight fit when you're trying to attach it to an MVS cart. List of things I didn't think I'd need to get this working: a hammer.

I'm also hesitant to get a case for it incase it makes matters worse.

Still, for the ability to play Metal Slug on my AES without dropping £1000+ on an AES cart or £500 on a multi cart, it's pretty damn impressive. It cost around £55 shipped and I'd recommend it despite the tight fit.

Edited by Vinegar Joe - 16 May 2019 at 12:18am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic