Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Neon Knights Arcade and Cafe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote neoretro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neon Knights Arcade and Cafe
    Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 11:35pm
Hi All,

Some of you have known for a little while but thought I’d let everyone know.

I will be opening an Arcade Cafe in Leigh on Sea, Essex soon with a friend of mine.

We’ve got 27 machines in there at the moment that have come from both our collections and from people on the forum, eBay, Gumtree and all over. I say at the moment because the way these things are knowing our luck the only machine working on the day will be the till. We’ve restored a lot of machines that were in a bad way. Only in the sense of wiring them up as original and getting fully serviced monitors and boards in there, no art work redo’s or LCDs. (Gunblade could retire on us). So hopefully even if all fails it’ll be giving back to the community.

We’ll be serving old school sweets, drinks, lolly’s, crisps etc etc to keep the whole retro feel throughout.

A bit more info can be found at our website www.NeonKnights.co.uk

Adult entry will be £10

Child entry (Under 16) will be £7.50 but must be accompanied by an adult.

If you’ve helped us with machines or games drop me a message via the contact form on the website and I’ll make sure you get a little discount or something. We’re genuinely not looking to make a fortune out of this. Rents are super high in the area but we really just hope to have a nice place for likeminded people that keeps itself afloat.

Hopefully getting an alcohol license soon. For now just soft drinks but may allow a few to be brought on site for a corkage fee. Again let me know if that’s something you’d want to do on the contact form.

We open on Saturday and at the moment will be open 10AM - 11PM at weekends and then initially 6PM - 11PM Thursday and Friday. We’re still working our full time jobs but once things have settled we’ll likely extend this.

Be great to put some faces to the names on here if you’re ever nearby.

Thanks for everyone’s help in getting us started.

Dave
antray84 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antray84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 12:15am
Been looking fwd to this. Hope to make it down soon
Big Apple 3am
digweed View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 6:44am
Awesome mate, if I ever go up to Essex then I will definitely pop in Thumbs Up 

Wanted: Space
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
Call me jamma jim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 6:57am
Good luck with the venture sounds exciting.
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted., bezerk, mad planets.
robotech View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 7:05am
Good luck
I would love to do something similar in my area
Daytonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa lets go away
gunblade View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 7:19am
good luck chaps
sosfx View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sosfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 8:00am
Best of luck with this to you and Ail!
sure I'll be up soon
Steve
phillv85 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phillv85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 8:37am
Good luck Dave Thumbs Up
K1ngarth3r View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K1ngarth3r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 9:40am
That's great news, good look with the venture and will make an effort to visit.
Check me out on Instagram
Amb47uk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amb47uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 9:53am
Best of luck, hope it is successful.
Maxrom View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 10:01am
Sounds excellent, and just down the road from me! Great to have somewhere a little closer, as I normally have to travel north for some retro gaming fun. Good work guys, and good luck with everything Clap
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 10:17am
All the best with this. Looks like you've got some really nice cabs!
Flinnster View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 10:27am
Nice one! You guys forgot something though...

WTD: Outrun DLX cab, Rolling Thunder pcb
Parts WTD: Dino King Door, Coin Box, Coin Chute
Richard May View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard May Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 2:42pm
Nice one Dave. Will be popping down with the family (and another family in tow) at some point over the next few months. Look after my Donkey Kong! :)

Edit: I mean your DK. Obviously :)

Edited by kidyamlo - 04 Jul 2019 at 2:43pm
Scalesy View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scalesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2019 at 2:52pm
This post has made me smile!!
Good luck guys ... this something i would dream of doing in Kent! 

I have a good idea for something similar but just need to win the lottery first ! 

Matt 
Maxrom View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 10:34pm
I took a trip over to Neon Knights today and was pleased to meet both Dave and Ally. A really nice couple of guys trying to do a good thing for both seasoned retro gamers, and those new to the scene who may have never played, or even seen these old cabs before. 

It's a nice setup they've got, with a really friendly atmosphere. It was good to play the cabs, and put some times on the Outrun high score table while I was there. They've got a nice selection of machines from across the decades, and not having to drive for hours to play them was great for me. 

It was certainly well worth an Ayrton for a good afternoon out, and some arcade related banter. Looking forward to going back in the very near future. If you're in the area, you should definitely check it out and support what they're doing - it's not everyday a place like this opens up.

Well done guys Clap

Edited by Maxrom - 07 Jul 2019 at 10:39pm
JAG555 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 10:51pm
Cannot wait to head over! Should be in the week after next!

Good work!
neoretro View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoretro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 2:56pm
Cheers Andrew really good having you both down and the advice. Your run on Outrun has clocked up a thousand views on Twitter.

Perhaps if there’s a few people from the forum who want to come down we could close up for a meet in the future.
paulcan69 View Drop Down
User
User
Can reburn OTP EPROMs! Fear my power!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulcan69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 3:33pm
I fixed that track n field (Now yours) for Martin only a few months ago
Now it takes coins again!
You will see 2x 74 series chips in sockets (Which handle coin inputs)
I was going to have that cab, but he really wanted to sell them as a job lot
Tempted but as always with this hobby would have needed to store them for a bit
Arcade Otaku name: paulcan69

ebay name: paulcan2
Maxrom View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maxrom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by neoretro neoretro wrote:

....Your run on Outrun has clocked up a thousand views on Twitter.

Great, although it’s a shame you recorded the run where I binned it on the last bend!

Count me in for a meet-up sometime if you’re arranging one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic