ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

New CRT monitor? Weiya 21"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote char1ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New CRT monitor? Weiya 21"
    Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 5:30pm
I have found a source of new 21 CRT monitors and was thinking of ordering one to replace the dead one in my Defender. Not 100% sure it will fit, and wondered if anybody had thoughts about the quality.

Anybody got experience of them?

Thanks all,

Charlie

Edited by char1ie - 06 Jan 2018 at 5:31pm
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 5:35pm
Never heard of them. How much are they? Also, shipping from Taiwan is going to be expensive/dodgy, I expect.
gunblade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gunblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 5:37pm
wei ya are very well known company, they are the better of the later build monitors
char1ie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote char1ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 5:38pm
I got a decent quote for 10 monitors on a pallet.

Charlie
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 5:46pm
How much? Or don't you want to say for some reason?
char1ie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote char1ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 5:48pm
Cheap per unit but high shipping cost. I'm thinking of ordering some though.

I'm not exactly sure of the price once they get to the UK - per unit cost plus postage plus customs. $150 per unit is the price I have been quoted for 10 units.

Charlie

Edited by char1ie - 06 Jan 2018 at 5:49pm
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 5:57pm
Dont sound too bad

Pretty sure chassis on the monitor i pulled out the star wars cab was that make.

WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
Brettster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 6:24pm
Taito used Weiya monitors in their Egret 3 cabs, ad Weiya Power supplies in the Vewlix Cabs, most of the decent quality jamma switcher units for sale at the moment are Weiya too
Looking for More Space!!
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 8:05pm
Nice find. Brand new 15k CRT's? Didn't expect to see that!

Their switch mode psu's are nice too, be worth filling space on a pallet with some of those, they'll be easy to sell on.
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
John Bennett View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2018 at 9:49pm
Wonder if they're still making them, or it's a stockpile.

Nice price if the shipping is reasonable.
RygarR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RygarR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 12:09am
In theory this sounds great. 150 bucks shipped for a new 15KHz monitor isn't a lot of money. Big question is the size. Aren't standard arcade monitors 19 or 20 inches depending on whether the spec is North American or European? Would 21 inches be too big for a standard JAMMA screen shroud or 'tate' wheel?
char1ie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote char1ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 12:21am
$150 shipped? No. $150 plus shipping. The measurements look like it will fit in a Defender. Width and height is fine - depth is very tight. 

Charlie

char1ie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote char1ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 12:32am
Originally posted by muddymusic muddymusic wrote:

Nice find. Brand new 15k CRT's? Didn't expect to see that!

Their switch mode psu's are nice too, be worth filling space on a pallet with some of those, they'll be easy to sell on.

Which one is best for arcade games from this list? The P03?

Charlie

big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 12:36am
Yeah, the P03 looks like the puppy you want.
M K L View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M K L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 5:58am
Originally posted by RygarR RygarR wrote:

Big question is the size. Aren't standard arcade monitors 19 or 20 inches depending on whether the spec is North American or European? Would 21 inches be too big for a standard JAMMA screen shroud or 'tate' wheel?

Classic arcade monitors are 20" (51cm) with 19" (48cm) screen, these are 21" (55cm) with 20" (51cm) screen. Also flatter and with square corners. Not for the purists and will need some work to fit in a cab that previously had a 20"/19".
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 9:19am
how much is shipping for x10 monitors?
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
RygarR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RygarR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 11:02am
Cheers M K L. Shame that.
SUPERSPRINT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 11:23am

Edited by SUPERSPRINT - 08 Jan 2018 at 12:08am
tb2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by M K L M K L wrote:

Originally posted by RygarR RygarR wrote:

Big question is the size. Aren't standard arcade monitors 19 or 20 inches depending on whether the spec is North American or European? Would 21 inches be too big for a standard JAMMA screen shroud or 'tate' wheel?

Classic arcade monitors are 20" (51cm) with 19" (48cm) screen, these are 21" (55cm) with 20" (51cm) screen. Also flatter and with square corners. Not for the purists and will need some work to fit in a cab that previously had a 20"/19".
I was wondering about this also. Whilst the monitor frames they use look identical to WG and/or Electrohome ones, I noticed that the tube is flatter than a normal early arcade ones, so it'd be nice to see what size of tube they use so we can be 100%.

I noticed they also do tri-sync 29" pureflat monitors. I'd bet shipping on those would be somewhat prohibitive though! LOL

Edited by tb2000 - 07 Jan 2018 at 10:48pm
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 2:20am
That's interesting, new source of crts, yes it's a niche but there are plenty of us that would be interested if these fit the bill.
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Badlands & Champ sprint TG mame WR holder
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic