Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

New Mega Drive / Neo Geo release Xenocrisis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 1:42pm
Some more animations and colors for neo version I think and more tailored for arcade experience whatever that means, hard to see the neo version released this year anyways I’d imagine but does look fun.
jimmerd View Drop Down

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 1:56pm
I've been looking forward to this and have a regular MVS copy ordered.

I'm really impressed with how far they have been able to pushed the mega drive hardware, with so many sprites on screen and a high fps. It really looks like a full on arcade game such as smash tv. Apparently the Neo Geo version will have a few additional improvements.

Seems refreshing to be able to easily purchase a game that will be released the same year, for a reasonable price without a complicated pre-order system (NGDEV take note!)

Mark H View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 3:09pm
Yes as stated the Neo-Geo will have more fluid animation (due to it's power) and more colour depth but either way all versions are looking great.

The price isn't too bad either considering that some people were paying £225 for Viewpoint on AES (home cart) when it was released in 1993 !

I hope Xeno Crisis does well and I like the Bitmap Bureau communication and approach and feel so far.

Cheers

Mark
"The Future Is Now"
ZeroSum View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZeroSum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 3:31pm
It's nothing special.

Edited by ZeroSum - 13 Jul 2019 at 3:32pm
Kriseric View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kriseric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by ZeroSum ZeroSum wrote:

It's nothing special.

Can you provide any details, assuming you've played it? Are there any gameplay issues that stood out to you in particular, or was it more a case of 'meh' overall?

Looking for unusual / homebrew MVS carts: Ghostlop, Ironclad, Knights Chance, Gunlord, etc.
mozie View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 8:48pm
Yeah read the post elsewhere from zerosum .. seems to have big problem with the game I’d love to hear more info regarding gameplay etc rather than random criticism from someone who hasn’t played it .. maybe can’t afford the cart?!? Get the rom mate it’s only 15 quid..
jimmerd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 9:45pm
Everybody will have their own taste /preference.

I've not played it , but I kinda like what I see here.

Mark H View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 2:37pm
Hi All, 

For me I like "run & gun" type of games and this reminds me in many way of a mix of some of my favourite games; Nam 1975, Shock Troopers (both on the Neo-Geo) plus I'd always liked Robotron so the frantic shooting all all directions appeals to me. In addition we should support support enterprises that are keeping "retro" arcade (MVS) and home (AES) going for the Neo-Geo and Megadrive etc. I also like great 2D pixel animation with games like Metal Slug, Blazing Star, Viewpoint and In the Hunt being firm favourites of mine.

If you don't like these type of games then clearly this is not for you...

Cheers

Mark
"The Future Is Now"
neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 2:43pm
Nothing not to like in this game. As I'm cheap I would go for the Mega Drive version
2huwman View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 2:57pm
Gotta say, that mega drive footage looks really nice.

Wonder if they'll sell the AES ROM as well?
Message me if you need a JAMMA Cab-ready 15Khz MAME PC!

https://www.arcadepcs.com/
Vinegar Joe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinegar Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Mark H Mark H wrote:

Hi All, 

For me I like "run & gun" type of games and this reminds me in many way of a mix of some of my favourite games; Nam 1975, Shock Troopers (both on the Neo-Geo) plus I'd always liked Robotron so the frantic shooting all all directions appeals to me. In addition we should support support enterprises that are keeping "retro" arcade (MVS) and home (AES) going for the Neo-Geo and Megadrive etc. I also like great 2D pixel animation with games like Metal Slug, Blazing Star, Viewpoint and In the Hunt being firm favourites of mine.

If you don't like these type of games then clearly this is not for you...

Cheers

Mark

Yeah, I've not played it myself but the roll + melee looks straight out of Shock Troopers. Plus I can see bits of Alien Breed and Smash TV in there of course.

The art style is pure Bitmap Brothers, but I guess if you call yourself the Bitmap Bureau then that would be expected

Looks good. MVS is too rich for me, but interested in the MD version. Very impressive for an MD game.
Mark H View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 8:14pm
Yes, lets wait and see. Looking forward to this game being released...Thumbs Up
"The Future Is Now"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic