ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade > General Arcade Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New "retro" arcade opening in Warrington,Cheshire
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

New "retro" arcade opening in Warrington,Cheshire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New "retro" arcade opening in Warrington,Cheshire
    Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 5:21pm
Hi All,

Just seen this article in the local Warrington paper dated 9th January:

The former Hanger Number 4 restaurant, based under the arches of Central Station on Crown Street, will be transformed into the Retro Arcade - which is scheduled to open as soon as late February. Boasting a range of different titles from the 1970s, 80s and 90s, customers will pay to enter the arcade - after which all of its machines will then be free to play, while food and drink will also be available. He said: “We’re talking about games like Pacman and Space Invaders, that sort of stuff. “But it’s an arcade with a difference, because it will have an entry fee - then after that everything is free to play, and we will be selling food and alcohol too.”Owner Richard Telfer, from Martinscroft, has imported many of the arcade machines from the USA. Retro Arcade will open from 11am to 11.30pm, or until 8.30pm on Sunday and bank holidays - creating up to nine jobs. “I’d estimate that we will open around February, or maybe into March.”

Whilst being a BIG fan of Arcade Club, I will certainly give this a visit as it's only a few miles from home for me and I wish the owner Richard good luck in this venture.

Nad - are you helping him with PCB repairs !!!??? Smile

Cheers

MarK
"The Future Is Now"
big10p View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 5:40pm
Up Norf, again?! Angry Tongue Sounds like this is going to be open every day? That's pretty brave. Good luck to the fella! Thumbs Up
telf1980 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote telf1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 5:47pm
Thanks guy’s. I’m not trying to step on anyone’s toes by opening this arcade in the north. It’s a dream that’s become a reality and I’m warrington born and bread, hence location.
The papers actually cocked up in the write up with the opening times, it’s more evenings and w’ends tbh.
Hope to welcome as many ukvac members as possible when we open. Cheers Telf
qjuk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qjuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:08pm
Best of luck to you Telf and I hope it all goes well for you.

What machines will you have?
telf1980 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote telf1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:19pm
Thank you, there’s far to much to list really, And the collections still growing. Also there will be machines getting swapped in and out to keep it fresh on return visits.
My personal favourites that’ll be on site are tron and super Monaco GP deluxe with working air drive.
Cheers Telf
_Matt_ View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:54pm
My mate showed me that article a couple of days ago, sounds interesting and not to far from us so we'll be visiting when it's open!
Can I ask roughly how many cabs you're aiming at having for launch?
telf1980 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote telf1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 7:02pm
Hi Matt, we’re estimating around 45 cabs, 3 pinball machines, 2 rifts, 3 consoles. I’m also positive about expanding the collection aswell as the location when the time comes to get a bigger venue:-)
_Matt_ View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 7:14pm
Very nice! I've had a look at the pics of the venue and that place will look amazing filled with rows of cabs.
Mark H View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 7:18pm
Hi Richard - I will certainly support you as I've lived in Warrington for 33 years !!! Can you please get me an invite to the opening night ???!!!Smile

Great to be "up north" !!!

Cheers

MarK
"The Future Is Now"
telf1980 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote telf1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 7:21pm
Thanks chaps and will do mark we’re on fb, insta and Twitter
ataridude74 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ataridude74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 9:49pm
Can't wait, sounds awesome!
Living in the Bronze Age
vib_ribbon View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vib_ribbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by telf1980 telf1980 wrote:

Thanks guy’s. I’m not trying to step on anyone’s toes by opening this arcade in the north. It’s a dream that’s become a reality and I’m warrington born and bread, hence location.
The papers actually cocked up in the write up with the opening times, it’s more evenings and w’ends tbh.
Hope to welcome as many ukvac members as possible when we open. Cheers Telf

hi mate, fellow warringtonian here. did you use to go to the arcade across the road from where you're opening up, or american pool? good luck on your venture.
vib_ribbon View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vib_ribbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by telf1980 telf1980 wrote:

Thanks chaps and will do mark we’re on fb, insta and Twitter

can you link me to your social media? cheers.
telf1980 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote telf1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 10:24pm
Hi, that arcade closed in the early nineties, I remember goin in but don’t remember much more tbh.
Here’s our fb page

https://www.facebook.com/retrowarrington/

Cheers Telf

Edited by telf1980 - 12 Jan 2019 at 10:25pm
iamjimmi View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamjimmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 11:02pm
I will make the trip over from Leeds just to play the Super Monaco Air drive!

Good luck...
tin View Drop Down

2 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:57pm
Local ish and visit Warrington often enough. Will certainly seek this out! Good luck with this one!
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
kidyamlo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:01am
Looking forward to paying a visit - might be a weekender with AC on the Sunday.
Read: https://bit.ly/2AJEpV7 / Wanted: Pole Position 2 Irish dedicated mini (preferably a project, but anything considered); Sigma Spiders cabaret
tin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:06am
Roll on Feb or March

Edited by tin - 14 Jan 2019 at 12:07am
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!
telf1980 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote telf1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 7:16am
Thanks guys
Mark H View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 9:36am
Hi Richard - any news on the game line up yet - looking forward to opening night !!!Smile
"The Future Is Now"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic