Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Nintendo Space Firebird

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 2:16pm
£2k on eBay easy.
I’ll offer a grand and I’ll mame it.
WANTED Space invaders PCB Please inbox me!
Chuckie egg View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckie egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 2:54pm
I don’t understand where any of you get your prices from.
This cab has never been up for sale or auction in that condition and it’s only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
From my experience not many people even like the game.

In my opinion it’s one of Nintendo’s best games but I never got much positive feed back when I took it to events.
I hope a real Nintendo collector gets it with real passion and love for the game and not someone who is getting it just because he thinks it’s rare.

Edited by Chuckie egg - 20 May 2020 at 2:57pm
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 3:24pm
I think a grand is a good fair price the machine, I was maxed out at 600 LOL

I think Mike's just biding his time and also probably trying to get through all his messages 
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
Ronnie Dent View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Dent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Chuckie egg Chuckie egg wrote:

I don’t understand where any of you get your prices from.
This cab has never been up for sale or auction in that condition and it’s only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
From my experience not many people even like the game.

In my opinion it’s one of Nintendo’s best games but I never got much positive feed back when I took it to events.
I hope a real Nintendo collector gets it with real passion and love for the game and not someone who is getting it just because he thinks it’s rare.

Same I love the game a have spare working boards but I would not pay a grand! £400 max
mikeg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 4:42pm
Yes I am, great reading them tbf. Tongue
MG
mikeg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mikeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 5:22pm
Hi Guys

After reading your thoughts and comments (which are humbling) Its great to see the enthusiasm to keep the originals alive. The story behind this cab is that is was in my uncles roller disco in the early 80s. I used to pump 10p's into this along with Defender, Amidar, Zaxxon and Gorf and the other popular units all day for years.  Time moved on and a few of the machines where dry garaged... anyway nearly 40 years later here we are. The other 2 that where saved where an original Taito black and white table top space invaders, again with the original metal serial number plate. Get ready.... I gave that away to a friend a few years ago... (lump in throat) and there was an original scramble, which to our amazement fired up and played after all this time (dust removed and room temp for 2 weeks first), so there is always a story behind the good ones, and I have not just acquired or come across it.  I can say that after getting burned on ebay in the past I am reluctant to see it end that way, so It will go via this forum with an insistence on seeing a clip of it working when its done !
I am taking lots of decent pictures etc and will create a pack to send out to all interested parties, I haven't got furlough fever, so in no rush to suck up a cheeky bid (of which there have been soooo many)

mgarner1970@hotmail.com

Best Regards

Mike
MG
JonathanClayton View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonathanClayton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 5:30pm
Good to hear Mike!

I think the resounding feeling is everyone would like to see this saved (as we do with a lot of these machines that are disappearing).

eBay is a good avenue for high prices (sometimes!), but as you say, comes with too many pitfalls (how many times have we seen things sell for high prices and then get relisted a few days later because the buyer didn't come through!).

I won't continue to pester, I think most people know how much I'd love to add this to my collection. I've passed you my details via PM if you want to have a chat.

Good luck with this and I hope to see it up and running soon!
mynintendoarcade.com
Chuckie egg View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuckie egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by jonhughes jonhughes wrote:

Well that one has stumped me - rare Nintendo cabinet and zero interest.

Mr Chuckie Egg needs to buy this cabinet. Did you hear that Alex!

I’ve got zero interest in this cab
I’ve got other games planned to fill my arcade.
But I do hope it goes to a good home and it’s not converted or messed around with.

Yes zero interest in buying it why does that stump you ?
SUPERSPRINT View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by mikeg mikeg wrote:

Hi Guys

After reading your thoughts and comments (which are humbling) Its great to see the enthusiasm to keep the originals alive. The story behind this cab is that is was in my uncles roller disco in the early 80s. I used to pump 10p's into this along with Defender, Amidar, Zaxxon and Gorf and the other popular units all day for years.  Time moved on and a few of the machines where dry garaged... anyway nearly 40 years later here we are. The other 2 that where saved where an original Taito black and white table top space invaders, again with the original metal serial number plate. Get ready.... I gave that away to a friend a few years ago... (lump in throat) and there was an original scramble, which to our amazement fired up and played after all this time (dust removed and room temp for 2 weeks first), so there is always a story behind the good ones, and I have not just acquired or come across it.  I can say that after getting burned on ebay in the past I am reluctant to see it end that way, so It will go via this forum with an insistence on seeing a clip of it working when its done !
I am taking lots of decent pictures etc and will create a pack to send out to all interested parties, I haven't got furlough fever, so in no rush to suck up a cheeky bid (of which there have been soooo many)

mgarner1970@hotmail.com

Best Regards

Mike

Great story i used to love the roller disco.
It will go to good home selling on here and you’ll get a good price. There’s also a great dedicated courier for games who will transport it wherever it needs to go safely.
All the best with the sale.

Edited by SUPERSPRINT - 20 May 2020 at 5:51pm
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 6:10pm
I was wondering how you came by it, so thanks for the back story. You still have the Scramble, then? GLWS

Edited by big10p - 20 May 2020 at 7:46pm
UnclearHermit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnclearHermit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 6:16pm
Just brilliant that these things are still out there, sitting waiting to be discovered.
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 6:47pm
Mike Mike, I really want to know about all the low ball offers, please name and shame brethen LOL

Edited by jengineer - 20 May 2020 at 6:48pm
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
forcefulfil View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
EDOT King

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forcefulfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 7:38pm
If it involves the line -and a packet of polo mints, I've got a good idea.......
UKVAC: The longest running UK Arcade forum on the net
Franzy21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Franzy21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 9:05pm
For the ones who don't have enough money or who will arrive too late for this rare bird,  I have sent pics from mine to some guy in the US beginning of this year and apparently now Olly Cotton from Arcadeshop (?) and Mike from Mike's Arcade are working on repro'ing the CPO. It should adapt on every "Donkey Kong"ish cab.

I took me five years to repair the monitor-in-a-box and find an orginal marquee for mine.
These cabs really are something you don't see everyday.
Hope this Irish one finds a proper home.

Dreaming of a Namco Galaxian waiting for me in a barn...
Franzy21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Franzy21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 9:15pm

Most people have only played it on a cocktail table on a 14" screen.
That may explain why.
It's so much better on a 20" and these one-shot Firebirds get so vicious after a  few levels...
:)
Dreaming of a Namco Galaxian waiting for me in a barn...
mikeg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 9:37pm
Hi. The Scramble does still exist. I'm feeling it may pop up soon ??
MG
jonhughes View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Franzy21 Franzy21 wrote:

That may explain why.
It's so much better on a 20" and these one-shot Firebirds get so vicious after a  few levels...

Agreed, I’ve never played Space Firebird on the cocktail table and never ever want to (and I played that game a lot). Actually I never want to play any game on a cocktail, worst possible posture you could ever adopt. I would have to walk away no matter what game it was on a cocktail table.
mikeg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 9:42pm
As I remember, it certainly was one of the more difficult games and normally a quick 10p lol. TBH defender was my favourite, clocking it seemed like a life achievement back in the day.. ??
MG
mysticmonk View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysticmonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 9:57pm

Originally posted by Franzy21 Franzy21 wrote:

That may explain why.

Agreed, I’ve never played Space Firebird on the cocktail table and never ever want to (and I played that game a lot). Actually I never want to play any game on a cocktail, worst possible posture you could ever adopt. I would have to walk away no matter what game it was on a cocktail table.

The result of playing too many cocktails, except it's not a disguise...

Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 10:04pm
Very good mysticmonk ,that made me laugh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic