ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Nintendo Space Firebird

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 10:15pm
Can people stop talking about cocktails. My back and neck are starting to twinge with PTSD.

Originally posted by mikeg mikeg wrote:

Hi. The Scramble does still exist. I'm feeling it may pop up soon ??
Ooh, would like to see a pic of it. Interested to see what version you have.
_Matt_ View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Matt_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 10:27pm
Me too.
andyman View Drop Down
User
User
always pull away from your face

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by jonhughes jonhughes wrote:

Agreed, I’ve never played Space Firebird on the cocktail table and never ever want to (and I played that game a lot). Actually I never want to play any game on a cocktail, worst possible posture you could ever adopt. I would have to walk away no matter what game it was on a cocktail table.

Played 3 hour game on a Streets Defender bitd just to see if I could...never again LOL

Initial tests indicate
       unit OK
Rog69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 12:01am
I love Space Firebird. I first played it in Summerland on the Isle of Man on holiday (upright) and then found two more uprights side by side in the pier arcade, Aberystwyth, where my parents had a caravan. Those two machines (well, the one on the right with the better joystick) ate a good chunk of my holiday money for the years that they were there.

I was quite surprised at how many people didn't like this game when Vic and Shaun covered it on the 10p arcade podcast, I think I was one of the very few who raved about it. Glad to see this one looks like it will probably go to a collector and get restored, I hope whoever buys it will make a restore thread on here.
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Franzy21 Franzy21 wrote:

For the ones who don't have enough money or who will arrive too late for this rare bird,  I have sent pics from mine to some guy in the US beginning of this year and apparently now Olly Cotton from Arcadeshop (?) and Mike from Mike's Arcade are working on repro'ing the CPO. It should adapt on every "Donkey Kong"ish cab.

Yes that's me. We were working off the photos so the chance to get proper scans of the art from this one would be an incredible help. I just did the whole Space Demon kit from the images I could find and that ended up looking superb. Planning to make up the side art for it, that will be the hardest part, but the more original art I have to work from the better job I can do of it.

Jonathan Clayton has already said he'd be happy to get the art from this cab scanned should he get it so I'm keeping my fingers crossed there's a deal to be done.
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
Body pop View Drop Down

3 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by andyman andyman wrote:

Agreed, I’ve never played Space Firebird on the cocktail table and never ever want to (and I played that game a lot). Actually I never want to play any game on a cocktail, worst possible posture you could ever adopt. I would have to walk away no matter what game it was on a cocktail table.

Played 3 hour game on a Streets Defender bitd just to see if I could...never again LOL

Never mind the cocktail .how did you last 3 hours on defender
What’s the secret ? Or is it just practice .you must have super human reflexes or something
mikeg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 1:26pm

What’s the secret ? Or is it just practice .you must have super human reflexes or something [/QUOTE]

3 hours.... wtf... what species are you lol
MG
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Body pop Body pop wrote:

What’s the secret ? Or is it just practice .you must have super human reflexes or something

Lot of coke about in the 80s.....
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Check out my 80s Synthwave Music :)   https://247retro.bandcamp.com/album/naeon
andyman View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 3:13pm

Haha 26 hours is my longest game, 31 million ish without any chemical assistance...

Never been a fan of coke unless its in a can with a hint of cherry...the green stuff is a different matter though Wink

Edited by andyman - 21 May 2020 at 3:14pm

Initial tests indicate
       unit OK
Body pop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 3:43pm
26 hours on one of the hardest games .with one 10p
And still we will wonder why arcades disappeared !!
Please tell me that’s a record lol
RaveN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RaveN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 4:07pm
I owned two space firebird cocktails for 12 years and no one ever played on it apart from me.  I gave one away for free on the forum (missing the pcb).  Like Chuckie Egg said, no one gives it any attention when it's mentioned in the forum usually.  Now all of a sudden everyone's gone mad over it.

Welcome to bonus stage.
Franzy21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Franzy21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by muddymusic muddymusic wrote:

Originally posted by Franzy21 Franzy21 wrote:

For the ones who don't have enough money or who
will arrive too late for this rare bird,  I have sent pics from mine to
some guy in the US beginning of this year and apparently now Olly Cotton
from Arcadeshop (?) and Mike from Mike's Arcade are working on
repro'ing the CPO. It should adapt on every "Donkey Kong"ish
cab.

Yes that's me. We were working off the
photos so the chance to get proper scans of the art from this one would
be an incredible help. I just did the whole Space Demon kit from the
images I could find and that ended up looking superb. Planning to
make up the side art for it, that will be the hardest part, but the
more original art I have to work from the better job I can do of it.

Jonathan
Clayton has already said he'd be happy to get the art from this cab
scanned should he get it so I'm keeping my fingers crossed there's a
deal to be done.

I don’t have a scanner.
But if you want more pics, I can!
Dreaming of a Namco Galaxian waiting for me in a barn...
andyman View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Body pop Body pop wrote:

26 hours on one of the hardest games .with one 10p
And still we will wonder why arcades disappeared !!
Please tell me that’s a record lol

I think 33million is the highest recorded in the US in '82...I could have carried on but I got bored and walked away...cant be bothered with all that BS, its a game, it doesn't mean shyte...I play because I love them LOL

Defender was my relaxation...

Initial tests indicate
       unit OK
acidburn View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acidburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by RaveN RaveN wrote:

I owned two space firebird cocktails for 12 years and no one ever played on it apart from me.  I gave one away for free on the forum (missing the pcb).  Like Chuckie Egg said, no one gives it any attention when it's mentioned in the forum usually.  Now all of a sudden everyone's gone mad over it.

It's because of the rare cabinet variant. When anything that is genuinely rare comes up in any hobby it will grab peoples attention.

Edited by acidburn - 21 May 2020 at 6:57pm
10 PRINT "BOOBS"
20 GOTO 10
RUN
Ronnie Dent View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Dent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by RaveN RaveN wrote:

It's all about getting those "PERFECT" 1000point bonus! That's the thrill of this game, trying to not miss anything in each wave is risky! But the pay off is worth itSmile sometimesLOL
digweed View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 7:36am

Haha 26 hours is my longest game, 31 million ish without any chemical assistance...

Never been a fan of coke unless its in a can with a hint of cherry...the green stuff is a different matter though Wink

Beer Thumbs Up
Wanted: Space
digweed View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 7:39am
So this was £200 but is now how much? Confused
mikeg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mikeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 10:51am
Originally posted by digweed digweed wrote:

200 was a kinda very small worm on a large hook in Facebook world. TBH I put £12345.67 like most do at first, but felt sheepish lol
Response has been great, with a genuine love to kept originals alive. Particular thanks to Franz who I spent a while talking to in France, who i felt bad for as he thought his was the only one left (according to sales historys etc) and he searched most of Europe, eventually finding one and paying what it was worth to him, he has some great info and project notes about this machine. Great to see the enthusiasm for bragging rights for something money really cant buy. It may not be to some tastes but neither are IMO some smacked up pictures of flowers or half a sheep that seem to be worth something. Good to see Johnathon offering to help others to recreate artwork that's long gone too. A mention also to Forcefulfil? who on day 1 gave some good insights.
This will go next week, I will not be Ebay'ing or milking the forum. I have had 2 bids the same that cover the cost of my new pool table project (which to be honest was always the aim) so happy you guys want to keep the bird alive instead of flipping the bird for profit... 
Thanks Guys 
MG
JonathanClayton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonathanClayton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 2:17pm
Hoping my bid was one of the two LOL... pinged you an email Mike
mynintendoarcade.com
digweed View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 6:23pm

Originally posted by digweed digweed wrote:

200 was a kinda very small worm on a large hook in Facebook world. TBH I put £12345.67 like most do at first, but felt sheepish lol
Response has been great, with a genuine love to kept originals alive. Particular thanks to Franz who I spent a while talking to in France, who i felt bad for as he thought his was the only one left (according to sales historys etc) and he searched most of Europe, eventually finding one and paying what it was worth to him, he has some great info and project notes about this machine. Great to see the enthusiasm for bragging rights for something money really cant buy. It may not be to some tastes but neither are IMO some smacked up pictures of flowers or half a sheep that seem to be worth something. Good to see Johnathon offering to help others to recreate artwork that's long gone too. A mention also to Forcefulfil? who on day 1 gave some good insights.
This will go next week, I will not be Ebay'ing or milking the forum. I have had 2 bids the same that cover the cost of my new pool table project (which to be honest was always the aim) so happy you guys want to keep the bird alive instead of flipping the bird for profit... 
Thanks Guys 

Good on you mate, well done! Glad its going to the community to be kept as it's glorious self. may the arcade gods shine upon us. Nice when the community all chip in to help Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic