ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Nintendo Space Firebird

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Franzy21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 10:31pm
Quote Particular thanks to Franz who I spent a while talking to in France, who i felt bad for as he thought his was the only one left (according to sales historys etc) and he searched most of Europe, eventually finding one and paying what it was worth to him, he has some great info and project notes about this machine. 

Although I feel a bit less privileged not to be the only one to have a Space firebrid upright, I am genuinely happy to see another one pop up, and in Europe at that. :) It's often an illusion to believe in uniqueness in this hobby (there's  always a treasure waiting in a barn), except if you manage to find a rare proto (Well done Alex). 

And also happy to confirm my theory that these cabs were most probably not fitted with the side art.

Hopefuly someone passionate about Nintendo arcades will get it and restore it to a perfect shape.
Jonathan, you're the man! Go for it.
Dreaming of a Namco Galaxian waiting for me in a barn...
Nintendo Arcade View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Nintendo Arcade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nintendo Arcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 6:24am
Well Thank you Franz
I believe I’m extremely lucky to own the rare cabs that I have and they are the jewels in my collection.
I also believe that everyone should have at least one game in there collection that has a back story or is of some rarity and significance to them personally.
5 years ago I would have been all over this game as I researched and collected Nintendo as my interest.
Since I have sky skipper, sherifff and now a prototype Rescue i want to have other games in my collection that are not Nintendo and have more nostalgia to me growing up.
I would love to see a space launcher upright turn up and I would still rather someone else to have it for they’re collection to tell the story.
Same goes for this beautiful machine space firebird.
Games like this really need to be in a collection where it’s really appreciated for what it is as we’ve all seen these converted to donkey kong over the years.
Also I’ve owned several space firebird cocktails over the years and sold them, so I don’t feel worthy to own this Gem.
It’s a fantastic game and if I did have the room for one in the future it would have to be a cocktail again as that’s what I remember playing it on bitd.
I Couldn’t think of anyone better to own this machine than Jonathan Clayton.
He’s a top guy and good friend and I know he will cherish this machine.
Fingers crossed for you Jon

Edited by Chuckie egg - 23 May 2020 at 6:30am
jonhughes View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2020 at 9:02am
If this cabinet had arrived last year I’d have simply had to have it. I was aiming for a score so what bigger motivation did I need. However, circumstances over 12 months have changed me (although I had pondered being a potential co owner of this cabinet ) and what I want in life.

I couldn’t remove one of my Blast cabinets to make way for a dedicated cabinet ever again. My Blast City cabinets are so intelligently put together and versatile. The Scandinavians have it right in my opinion. I own these cabinets that I’ve never played on before playing new games that I’ve also never played before. Never played Virtua Golf before (it’s still in my cabinet since I got it), Virtua Striker 4 (same) and a Naomi multi (same). For now, I’m not living in the past. I’m making my yesterday’s dreams now and not looking back.

I love the game but wouldn’t be happy having just a single cabinet to play it on. I hoped someone involved with the scene would buy it so it would turn up at events. If that’s not going to happen so be it, I’ll put my one of my Space Firebird PCBs in one of my Blasts and have a Blast, it’s all good.
mikeg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 11:54am
The Bird has flown.
MG
Ronnie Dent View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Dent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 12:24pm
who got it? still wainting on a reply to an email you sent me with pics asking for a price!
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 1:28pm
Yes cheers Mike!

currently designing a new joystick control panel with light up buttons
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
radfoo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radfoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 8:26pm
Would be great to have the upright, be nice to see a few more pics of it (for interest, no way can afford it!).  I already have one of the cocktails that Alex restored, think bought it off him 4 years ago at the UKVAC meet, great game.
Ronnie Dent View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronnie Dent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 8:29pm
Did you get it Dunc? Would like to see more pics? showing the pcb and how it's wired etc

Ronnie
jengineer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jengineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 9:21pm
no was only joshing,
ooooooh if I had the space (and the money) I'd have that...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic