ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Auctions & Ebay Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Outrun Cabaret

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 8:48am
Wasn't this on eBay 6 months ago?
jonhughes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 9:17am
Correct, there's a thread on it somewhere.
vib_ribbon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vib_ribbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 10:33am
Originally posted by tb lilley tb lilley wrote:

"Reserve set at £1500"

"Which is how much I've got into it"

Yeah - that's fair and rational. The next buyer pays for all of this seller's costs, including delivery, and repairs, for the duration he's had the cab. I wouldn't buy any cab on that basis purely on principle.

that is the fallacy of arcade sales unfortunately.

do they ever deduct the cost of each game/ credit they have gotten out of it?
Mr Bond View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 6:55pm
Some stupid people on eBay if you ask me! It’s already too much money imo at £870 or whatever it’s at with the state it’s in! It looks a bag of sh*te if I’m honest!   That steering wheel looks like it’s been robbed off a knackered Capri from a barn find!
nurtuo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Mr Bond Mr Bond wrote:

Some stupid people on eBay if you ask me! It’s already too much money imo at £870 or whatever it’s at with the state it’s in! It looks a bag of sh*te if I’m honest!   That steering wheel looks like it’s been robbed off a knackered Capri from a barn find!

I thought it was a one of by Sega.
Looks like someone had pipe lagged it.
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
dlightbulb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlightbulb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 7:26pm
God, I should have stuck mine on eBay...... probably would have got £2000 if people are willing to buy this sh*te for nearly a grand already
nurtuo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by dlightbulb dlightbulb wrote:

God, I should have stuck mine on eBay...... probably would have got £2000 if people are willing to buy this sh*te for nearly a grand already

I well agree with that Dave.
Value is what something sells for,
Not what someone who does not want it anyway thinks its worth.
Your one was so far in front of this piece of crap.
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
aeroflott View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
A different league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeroflott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 11:04pm
Now at 995. Christ.

Maybe it really is time to cash out. Wait for the crash, then buy everything back again.
strykr View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by aeroflott aeroflott wrote:

Now at 995. Christ.

Maybe it really is time to cash out. Wait for the crash, then buy everything back again.

maybe its just time to just wrap all the steering wheels with sh*te
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Badlands & Champ sprint TG mame WR holder
Mr Bond View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 9:51am
I suppose people can put whatever price they want for stuff they’re selling which is fair enough, and if people wanna pay it that’s up to them... but what annoys me, is when they put sh*t like “you’d struggle to find a better one”
....nar, you wouldn’t!!
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 9:56am
Now over £1100. Sheeeeeesh!
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
nurtuo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 10:02am
Originally posted by muddymusic muddymusic wrote:

Now over £1100. Sheeeeeesh!

Quick Olly put up your Outrun Art if they will make this money.
kidyamlo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidyamlo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 6:27pm
Add another 100. Unreal.
For sale: NOS (in 2006) Robotron cocktail, Centipede cabaret. Wanted: Konami Aliens, Kung Fu Master, Gravitar / Black Widow, Gottlieb Black Hole, Stern Tron Legacy
Chopper79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 8:55pm
Someone paid £250 for a broken outrun pcb, not long ago on ebay, so looks like the stupudity continues. There was a pimped up one for sale last year maybe on ebay, that looked similar, and think it reached £1500. Crazy..
Wanted:

Turbo outrun midi
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 8:59pm
My mini OutRun will be going up for sale this week. I won't be asking £1500 so if anyone here is bidding I'd wait!
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
dj_yt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj_yt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 9:11pm
There seems to be a rule with OutRun Minis on eBay, that the more mutilated they are - the more cash they go for. There have been a real parade of ugly ones lately. It's a shame, as they can look really awesome. 

Who knows what horrors that metal base plate is masking? I'd also be a bit wary of the quality of some of the work - photos generally hide a lot of sins.

Plus you've got the cost of side-art, new dash plastics, steering wheel, emblem etc. (~£250 - 300) And that's presuming you like chrome t-molding. One of the steering cogs also looks to be cracked in the photo, unless it's just bad lighting. 

Edited by dj_yt - 10 Oct 2018 at 9:14pm
nurtuo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by dj_yt dj_yt wrote:

One of the steering cogs also looks to be cracked in the photo, unless it's just bad lighting. 

But he says "Since purchased I have had the steering mechanism stripped, pinned and improved so will last for a very long time. "

I mean he wouldn't lie, would he?
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 1:23am
Originally posted by muddymusic muddymusic wrote:

My mini OutRun will be going up for sale this week. I won't be asking £1500 so if anyone here is bidding I'd wait!

Wink Wink Wink

Wanted: Outrun DLX cab, Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCBs.
- Parts needed: Naomi wheels, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 1:50am
Really dont get why everyone suddenly wants an outrun
To the point they will pay over a grand for sh*te off e bay
I understand the price of any cab is rising in general

But every arcade had one or two outrun cabs years ago they cant be that rare compared to other cabs Like space harrier
Which never seems to come up for sale
Or you never seen much back in the day
So i dont get why they go for so much

The delux cab is cool looking but
If you take the awesome music away its just a meh
Driving game imo
Like a colour version of those tiger lcd games where you move left and right to avoid the cars

I dont know what all the fuss is about

the same could also be said for turbo outrun where they went crazy with the colours and music which made the game worse
and outrun 2 and its beautifull scenery but boring auto drift the car pretty much drives itself

I love sega but think they have made way better games that dont seem to go for as much money
At the moment

Edited by robotech - 11 Oct 2018 at 4:33am
were meeting g over there
Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 7:49am
It’s not a sudden thing, Outrun cabs have always been in demand, Ops did have sometimes two, because it was popular, so a lot of people or nostalgia will want to find one. Yes there are lots of them about, but no-one wants to part with theirs. Supply and demand keeps on driving the prices up. This example for sale is not a nice one so can only think that it’s not a collector bidding silly money, but someone with a lot of Xmas present money hunting memories. Far less nice dedicated cabs seem to come up for sale nowadays.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Small Cabaret Project Cab, Exterminator set up. Always after Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic