Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Auctions & Ebay Stuff
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Outrun Cabaret

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 8:13am
I expect alot of people are also buying it due to the whole Outrun art/music style. Look at what it’s done to the price of a megadrive copy.
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 8:22am
The music and art style of the cab are cool ill give it that
Wasent a half decent one about £800 a year or so ago
were meeting g over there
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:07pm
Quote The delux cab is cool looking but
If you take the awesome music away its just a meh
Driving game imo
Like a colour version of those tiger lcd games where you move left and right to avoid the cars

I dont know what all the fuss is about

ShockedShocked

You're right it's sh*t.
But give all your Outruns to me, to save you the obvious pain!

Maybe you had to be there in 1986? It was mindblowing.

Edited by Flinnster - 11 Oct 2018 at 12:08pm

Wanted: Outrun DLX cab, Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCBs.
- Parts needed: Naomi wheels, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:26pm

ShockedShocked

You're right it's sh*t.
But give all your Outruns to me, to save you the obvious pain!

[/QUOTE]

1986 i was there mate but used to walk past it to put my 10p in pole position or something else

On the upside if i ever come across one in a raid it would be one more up for grabs for you guys as i wouldent want it
Cant say the same if i found a space harrier
dj_yt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj_yt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by robotech robotech wrote:

If you take the awesome music away its just a meh
Driving game imo
Like a colour version of those tiger lcd games where you move left and right to avoid the cars

I dont know what all the fuss is about

the same could also be said for turbo outrun where they went crazy with the colours and music which made the game worse
and outrun 2 and its beautifull scenery but boring auto drift the car pretty much drives itself

I love sega but think they have made way better games that dont seem to go for as much money
At the moment

StarStarStar"UKVAC TROLL AWARD 2018" Contender!StarStarStar

Shun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 12:41pm
Like Robotech, I'm not a fan of Outrun, however that's probably because I was 4 when it first came out in Arcades.

I was 10 when Virtua Racing was released in Arcades and I assume that seeing that for the first time in '92 is probably the same as seeing Outrun for the first time in '86, so I can see why there is so much nostalgia for it.

Nothing wrong with Outrun 2 though, love that game.
outrun1986 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outrun1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 1:06pm
[/QUOTE]

wish games gave that feeling these days
from playing at home on your c64 spectrum and then when you saw this in arcade it was amazing.
will all ways have a place in my   
Mr Bond View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 3:01pm
I remember outrun as a kid and loved it although I think when I saw chase hq in an arcade I always went straight to it. Love that game. Yeah when Virtua racing came out... wow!!   

First driving game I remember playing though as a kid was Pole Position! IMO the holy grail of arcade driving games.... and I managed to find a cockpit. Although when I picked it up I thought “I’m sure they was bigger than that”   lol.

Edited by Mr Bond - 11 Oct 2018 at 3:04pm
tb lilley View Drop Down
5 Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb lilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 3:04pm
Aren’t all of these bids completely meaningless when all the bidders know there’s a £1500 reserve? I may as well stick a £1450 bid on as I won’t be buying it for that money anyway.
It's only original once.
g60hot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g60hot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 3:52pm
I don't know why everyone is kicking off!! what I've started to realised is that we are in a complete sellers market right now, when was the last time one of those came up for sale!!

If you want one, it comes up for sale you will pay the price...these things no longer have a "value" the value is what someone will pay for it.

I recently sold something that people stated was worth 1500 quid, I sold it at 3k, as it turns out the guy who bought it really wanted one and has been waiting for ages for one to come on the market...he would have been prepared to pay 4k for it!!!

Genuine "of the day" things are becoming more and more scarce meaning that people will pay more and more for that item.

All you need to do is look at classic cars, 10 years ago you could buy a 1975 porsche 911 for peanuts, now try and find the same car for less than 75k!

Don't get me started on first gen M3s which i had 3 of!!

There is a lot of people out there with a lot of money so yeah they will pay big dollar for it if it comes up for sale.

I'd love an Outrun DLX in fact it's probably my grail cab just because it reminds me of the best days of my life, is it the best game in the world..no, but would I pay big dollar if one came up for sale...absolutely!! Why? because they just don't come up for sale very often and now i'm 40 odd I can afford to spunk money on it!!

Edit: if someone does have an outrun DLX for sale ignore everything i've said it's not worth that much but get in touch!! LOLWink

Edited by g60hot - 11 Oct 2018 at 4:01pm
nurtuo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by g60hot g60hot wrote:

I don't know why everyone is kicking off!! what I've started to realised is that we are in a complete sellers market right now, when was the last time one of those came up for sale!!

If you want one, it comes up for sale you will pay the price...these things no longer have a "value" the value is what someone will pay for it.

dlightbulb OutRun Midi For Sale this August Clicky

And most said it was not worth what he asked!

Anyone want to compare them.
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 5:03pm
Totally. Thank god we are not ebay.

Wanted: Outrun DLX cab, Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Original Wonderboy PCBs.
- Parts needed: Naomi wheels, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
g60hot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g60hot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 5:05pm
the world is far bigger than this forum!!

Just to clarify here, i'm not saying it's a good one or I think it's worth x amount i'm just stating that it's a big world out there and people will pay what they will pay for something that they want which is in short supply!!

People are keen to state their opinion on a value however are not in a position to buy or don't even want to buy one let alone that one.

Edited by g60hot - 11 Oct 2018 at 5:12pm
wim outrun repro View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wim outrun repro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 5:39pm
Hi yes the world is bigger than this form.
But. I know outrun any type of cab is wanted in the UK.
I sold already 12 or more i dont remmber outrun mini/cabaret repro control panels just in the UK.
Cheers wim outrun
J69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by nurtuo nurtuo wrote:

It wasn't worth what he asked! The sideart is fudged and the pedals section looks wrecked

At least the one on eBay can be returned to decent condition with a bit of work
nurtuo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by J69 J69 wrote:

Originally posted by nurtuo nurtuo wrote:

It wasn't worth what he asked! The sideart is fudged and the pedals section looks wrecked

At least the one on eBay can be returned to decent condition with a bit of work

I presume you know what it sold for then.
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
robotech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 7:40pm
I wasent trying to upset anyone just my
opinion which i will keep to myself in the future

Edited by robotech - 11 Oct 2018 at 9:26pm
beckscc2010 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beckscc2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 8:14pm

Edit: if someone does have an outrun DLX for sale ignore everything i've said it's not worth that much but get in touch!! LOLWink

OK there is this one in France : https://www.leboncoin.fr/consoles_jeux_video/1497643518.htm/
I'm joking some peoples saw it and it is in very bad condition, almost impossible to restore.. And the guy want 1500€! Incredible
g60hot View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g60hot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by beckscc2010 beckscc2010 wrote:

OK there is this one in France : https://www.leboncoin.fr/consoles_jeux_video/1497643518.htm/
I'm joking some peoples saw it and it is in very bad condition, almost impossible to restore.. And the guy want 1500€! Incredible

Am i looking at the same one it looks like a really good example!!
Chopper79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 8:59pm
I found it! This was the one on ebay in october 2017. Here is the original listing

Clicky

And here is the video of it! It's still on youtube:

Clicky
Wanted:

Turbo outrun midi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic