Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Outrun Reproduction Gears

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ordyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outrun Reproduction Gears
    Posted: 18 May 2017 at 11:15am
Decided to get these made after finding every cabinet that came in had a bust gear B / A and nothing available other than 3D printed ones which means using lightened springs.

I've done a run of 100 sets, there won't be another run after these have gone. I'm going to offer them up here before I do the same on KLOV.

Any questions let me know!

Cost is £100+VAT per set, they are available and ready to go:

http://www.giz10p.co.uk/Cabinet-Parts/Controls/Outrun-Gear-Set-KR1126-KR1127-/prod_458.html

muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 11:18am
Do they include the grub screws?

Will be so nice to have some that will last forever!
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
Ordyne View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ordyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 11:20am
Yep, grub screws included!
SUPERSPRINT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERSPRINT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 11:25am
Hi do these fit mini outruns?
dlightbulb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlightbulb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 11:31am
The gear sizes are the same for the minis
itruk View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 12:39pm
Any ukvac discount?

WANTS:

Playchoice 10 Games
- please PM me :)
Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 12:41pm
Gotta say they are the best looking metal gears I've seen madeSmile

Shame I dont have the money at the mo, I've had a few NOS gears and sold them, should have one of the smaller metal ones a guy had done years back somewhere when the original finally gives up on mine

If anyone like the Arcade Club have Outruns being used every week they are well worth having

Sorry, I don't want it to sound that wayOuch and yeah Small B gear going on prices years back at £35-40 and more recent in USA $50

Wasnt trying to say over priced, you get what you pay for end of day, certainly be good if everyones outrun had them fitted, people wouldn't have to worry about buying one in the future and wondering if the nylon gears are split

Edited by Bods - 18 May 2017 at 4:38pm
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
BarrySlisk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarrySlisk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by itruk itruk wrote:

Any ukvac discount?
Yes please :)

Edited by BarrySlisk - 18 May 2017 at 2:50pm
Ordyne View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ordyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 1:54pm
Guys, please go find another post to "bit expensive isn't it" on.. Go make your own for less, or even better go make some and offer them up for less. Either way these aren't the gears for you if you want cheap parts and not quality.

ColinD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColinD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 4:28pm
I concur with Craig here.  To just have a small gear B made from a standard stock item is going to cost you about £40 , I did have a couple made and the plans are up here somewhere iirc.

So I'd say it seems a fairly reasonable price for something that's going to last a lifetime !

Centering arms next please ;-)

Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 4:53pm
Sorry that was bad wording on my partClown

On a side note, has anyone had issues with Turbo Outrun, being a completely different Steering mech and not having these gears, but I found they have non repairable Nylon Bearings inplace of the quality ones on Outrun original and they are worn and wheel wobbles but I don't remember any Questions about them

Re: the 3D printed ones, I really didn't like the look of those and certainly wouldn't want to swap the springs and alter the feel of how it should be from factory
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space
dj_yt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj_yt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 5:07pm
The 3D printed ones are good. I would recommend them as a cheaper alternative.

Nevertheless you get what you pay for and I'm sure the ones Craig has listed will last longer!I'll be buying a set when I next get paid!!
JAG555 View Drop Down

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

First Year of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 5:22pm
They look very well made.

Is it just the A &B Gears included? What about the C and D? I have significant wear on my C & D and I have bought the 3D printed set, however these look much better and if you have a full set, I will use these.

Cheers
Ordyne View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ordyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by JAG555 JAG555 wrote:

Is it just the A &B Gears included? What about the C and D? I have significant wear on my C & D and I have bought the 3D printed set, however these look much better and if you have a full set, I will use these.

Cheers

Its not normal to have any wear on C & D, there's no load/stress on them at all. I've seen the pot gear crack but never actually break, these should actually be fine 3D printed unlike A & B.

That said I was planning on doing C & D but I will see how these go, there is an investment in these to the cost of a new car and going on current reception I'm not sure about doing the other gears now or the dash plastic which already has a mould made and is off for samples running off.

ColinD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColinD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 6:48pm
I'm sure many people would love some new dash plastics, so don't be put off !!

It takes hard work, time and investment to get engineering stuff made up , and for one offs and low quantities you might as well not bother as most companies won't touch it , so I think these are excellent and hats off to Ordy for investing in having these manufactured.  Clap

Outrun2 View Drop Down
Colonel Outrun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outrun2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 7:06pm
Indeed, fair play for getting these done.  Colin's right, it does take time, effort and money getting stuff re-engineered.

I had some OutRun2 up/down shifter conversion plates and sub-woofer brackets made up - I did the drawings, but it costs more than you think to do small batches as 100 is actually classed as a pretty small batch in these terms.  These types of items are run off in thousands to keep the price down.

The brackets I got done were just laser cut and bent so I can imagine the price going up considerably for gear cutting.

Namfreak got some dash plastics professionally refurbished and they ended up very nice, but very expensive.  Interested to see how close you can get the finish to original if it gets that far.

Would like:
No more cabs.. please!!
KillingYOUsoftly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KillingYOUsoftly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 7:06pm
Hey Ordy,

just ordered a set of your metal gears, same as you I was put off the printed ones because of the spring reduction needed so these are just the job! well done.

Would really be interested in the dash also, but I'm guessing it's for the regular stand up and not the Mini? I have the Mini.
tb lilley View Drop Down
5 Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb lilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 7:30pm
Great product. I can't see these lasting long. And nice one for offering up on VAC before KLOV.
It's only original once.
Baiterhater View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baiterhater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 7:43pm
Tell me about it the time that has gone into reproducing these is ridiculous, and the cost to get them laser cut by an engineering company is why most people use stick on stencils. Anything bespoke costs a lot of money. 

BH  

Bods View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Ordyne Ordyne wrote:

Originally posted by JAG555 JAG555 wrote:

Cheers

That said I was planning on doing C & D but I will see how these go, there is an investment in these to the cost of a new car and going on current reception I'm not sure about doing the other gears now or the dash plastic which already has a mould made and is off for samples running off.

Just Ignor me dude, I'm a tight git anyway but spend out at the mo, can't spend anymore money till I sell some stuff.

I was thinking about the outlay too while working on a machine, just thinking about 100 at £100Shocked yeah thats alot so it's a big commitment what ever the cost was
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic