ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Fix logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Pacman #1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pacman #1
    Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 11:13am

Not done one of these for a while, might as well.....

Had this Pacman PCB for a while. It had the oddest fault to date. Repaired the PCB many moons ago but for some reason it refused to boot after booting fine. The CPU reset line was attempting to go low then high but was going from floating to high. Board booted about 1 in every 20 attempts. Spent ages trying to track down what it was. It had spent quite a while in the repair pile.

Realised the reset line is attached to speaker minus. OK no problem there. However, a previous owner had attempted to repair the edge connector with strips of copper. They had bent them over on the power lines but had also done the same on speaker plus and speaker minus. Broke the folded over trace and glued down. Board now boots every time and works fine.

I put this one down to having the volume turned right down (by previous owner) when I first fixed the PCB - it booted fine always at some point then refused to. After turning the volume up to discover what was happening to the sound it was then interfering with the reset circuit. That's my theory anyway.

Chopper79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 11:21am
I bought the ABC kit, from two bit score, to fault find my ms pac pcb. Worked a treat.
Wanted:

Turbo outrun midi
Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 11:24am
good fix Jon
jonhughes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhughes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Chopper79 Chopper79 wrote:

I bought the ABC kit, from two bit score, to fault find my ms pac pcb. Worked a treat.

Did you really?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic