FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Parts from USA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Members
Senior Members
I'll get pix tonight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parts from USA
    Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 10:23pm
With most USA arcade parts companies refusing to deliver outside USA how do we get our supplies?

Can we use the companies in the USA who repack parcels from sellers who won’t send to uk? Like if you buy from eBay? They act like middle men.

I have never used any before but guess we have little choice.
Wanted.,Qbert machine working or project.

Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 10:27pm
I'm sending to a friend who then forwards.
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

JonathanClayton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonathanClayton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 10:27pm
I use myus.com

They'll accept parcels from individuals or companies (including eBay) and then repack and send on
mynintendoarcade.com
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
I'll get pix tonight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 10:38pm
Thanks Jonathan. Do they charge a reasonable rate to do it?

If I had friends in the USA I would ask but unfortunately I don’t.
Wanted.,Qbert machine working or project.

bbz149 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbz149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by JonathanClayton JonathanClayton wrote:

I use myus.com

They'll accept parcels from individuals or companies (including eBay) and then repack and send on
Can you declare value when you forward? Currently using a friend in Virginia but another Duty free option would be great. Also whats the rough cost?

Edited by bbz149 - 13 Sep 2020 at 11:02pm
patloz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 10:47pm
I had a delivery from here recently with no problems.

http://www.arcadechips.com/index.php
JonathanClayton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonathanClayton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 11:40pm
Everything with myus is fully declared. You have to show invoices etc. to evidence value. They charge $7 per month for the service and then shipping charges to the UK.
mynintendoarcade.com
qjuk View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qjuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 11:59pm
I don’t really get why some of these American companies are not shipping outside the US as ironically it’s USPS who are having issues (judging by the posts on KLOV). The post here in the UK has been unaffected by Covid-19 from what I can see and I’m pretty sure most other postal services in the world are operating as normal as well.

Wanted: Revenge of Doh original PCB.
patloz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 1:08am
Originally posted by qjuk qjuk wrote:

I don’t really get why some of these American companies are not shipping outside the US as ironically it’s USPS who are having issues (judging by the posts on KLOV). The post here in the UK has been unaffected by Covid-19 from what I can see and I’m pretty sure most other postal services in the world are operating as normal as well.

I ordered something from Arcadeshop Ebay ( before they noticed they left international shipping on ) and the website was already barring international.

My package has gone from Georgina, to Florida to Canada then to Chicago and god knows where it is now so I can understand why they are restricting the risks where they can.
bbz149 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bbz149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 9:22am
Originally posted by JonathanClayton JonathanClayton wrote:

Everything with myus is fully declared. You have to show invoices etc. to evidence value. They charge $7 per month for the service and then shipping charges to the UK.
Sod that then!! I dont mind paying a bit of Duty, but it's a p155 take when you order small items and the RM Handling fee is the same as the Tax just because you didnt have an option to pay the Tax and they pay it for you!! Angry I got $500 worth of stuff coming from Virginia, ill book UPS to collect and it will be declared as $20 Gift! We all pay enough F'ing Taxes!!!
bbz149 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbz149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 9:54am

When I was having something sent last week from Virginia, my mate normally prints the Postage Label off and drops it off to the Post Office, Now She can’t do that as that part is closed, she now has to queue up with everybody else and it’s busy as they have cut opening times!

Also here in the UK, sometimes I wont see my Postman for 2 Days and I know I have stuff that’s due for delivery, then I get a crap load when he does turn up! There’s also talk of scrapping Saturday Post Ouch

Amazes me as I had 2 items that were sent from Canada last week and they were delivered in 5 Days!

qjuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qjuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 10:24am
Why aren’t Arcadeshop.com on eBay using the Global Shipping option? They could ship the items to Erlanger via DHL/FedEx (which I understand are still running smoothly in the US) and get Pitney Bowes to handle the international side.

That way everything is fully insured, liability ends for Arcadeshop once it arrives in Erlanger, shipping would probably be cheaper, buyer pays customs duty upfront and doesn’t pay extortionate local post office handling fees (which in turn can be held up in Customs), but more importantly the parcel arrives in good time. From my previous experience, as soon as my Global Shipping parcels arrive in the UK, they are usually delivered within two business days.

I recently purchased some items from a seller who lives in New York, he sent the parcel via USPS. The parcel only needed to go to JFK airport (in the same city!), it spent two weeks going in and out of pretty much every postal depot around NY before making it to the airport. I’ve never had any parcels go missing via USPS but I do think they’ve got a lot of issues at the moment.

Wanted: Revenge of Doh original PCB.
Evoga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evoga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 11:10am
I read that they were having some sort of internal check in the Chicago hub which slowed down the post. Also with DHL you get hit with customs, I just used 4PX from China and had no fees whatsoever.

I would just ask the seller to mark them down and let them now you understand if damaged you can only claim on that low price.
patloz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 12:41pm

Why aren’t Arcadeshop.com on eBay using the Global Shipping option? They could ship the items to Erlanger via DHL/FedEx (which I understand are still running smoothly in the US) and get Pitney Bowes to handle the international side.

That way everything is fully insured, liability ends for Arcadeshop once it arrives in Erlanger, shipping would probably be cheaper, buyer pays customs duty upfront and doesn’t pay extortionate local post office handling fees (which in turn can be held up in Customs), but more importantly the parcel arrives in good time. From my previous experience, as soon as my Global Shipping parcels arrive in the UK, they are usually delivered within two business days.

I recently purchased some items from a seller who lives in New York, he sent the parcel via USPS. The parcel only needed to go to JFK airport (in the same city!), it spent two weeks going in and out of pretty much every postal depot around NY before making it to the airport. I’ve never had any parcels go missing via USPS but I do think they’ve got a lot of issues at the moment.

I guess its because they weren't expecting to ship anything internationally but forgot to tick the box so had no need for the shipping program, postage was £12 so pretty cheap considering some Ebay sellers but Arcadeshop do put the true cost on the box so will be pricey when it does finally arrive.

Fair play they stood on the deal,I was expecting a refund and an apology.

Same as you I have never had a USPS parcel go completely AWOL but there is always first time.

Bought some of these decals  from the US  ( and the Centipede ones ) recently they arrived 3 days later with no duty so it can be done and they are in Los Angeles!
https://www.whatisblik.com/products/asteroids?variant=6508222724

Nilyash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nilyash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 2:55pm
Same as you I have never had a USPS parcel go completely AWOL but there is always first time.

Waiting since 11th Aug for one package that is showing exported but still in Chicago !!

Not AWOL yet but is actually a gift and marked as such !

Time will tell if it appears

N
Looking for: Anything Firefox cab related, Reactor parts.
bbz149 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbz149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 5:09pm
Most Yanks take the pi55 with postage costs to the UK!! Angry
itruk View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 6:11pm
I still have an account with myus.com, but stopped paying the monthly fee a few months ago, their warehouse was a mess and things just wasn't moving along. Fair enough the hole pandemic thing kicked off, but they just couldn't cope and took weeks for packages to enter your account.

With myus, there are ways to declare the item less than what the true value is, therefore saving you on duty.

I've since switched to using planetexpress.com who have been great. They have a smaller operation and log packages in within 48hrs.
You don't have to show proof with them regarding the values either, you fill out the duty form yourself etc..
patloz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patloz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 9:34am
I got my package from Arcadeshop Ebay this morning after its fantastic journey.

as always they put the true value on the label $229 plus $15 shipping.

No customs charges at all, so silver lining.

I also bought $100 of bits from the Arcade chips place i posted above a week ago and the wall decals again listed above were about $50 all in and they arrived with the correct value on the label and I didn't pay any duty on these order either.

Maybe our customs lot are overrun and understaffed as its been along time since I have got stuff I bought from a business in the US tax free, I was getting hammered every delivery, especially from Arcadeshop so to get three in a row all tax free?

Edited by patloz - 16 Sep 2020 at 9:38am
RygarR View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RygarR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 9:48am
Originally posted by patloz patloz wrote:

I got my package from Arcadeshop Ebay this morning after its fantastic journey.

as always they put the true value on the label $229 plus $15 shipping.

No customs charges at all, so silver lining.

I also bought $100 of bits from the Arcade chips place i posted above a week ago and the wall decals again listed above were about $50 all in and they arrived with the correct value on the label and I didn't pay any duty on these order either.

Maybe our customs lot are overrun and understaffed as its been along time since I have got stuff I bought from a business in the US tax free, I was getting hammered every delivery, especially from Arcadeshop so to get three in a row all tax free?

Don't worry, HMC will be collating their invoices. No doubt they'll surprise you with a single mega-bill, a week before Christmas :-(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic