ukVac.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical > Artwork and Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Pete 'Invadar' Davies cab resto thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
smarty View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 7:14pm
I'll have an update soon for one of the cabs I picked. No one liked the SuperMasters Golf game so I've been busy converting it... the cab was already a conversion, from what I have no idea but I would love to see a Sega serial number database if it ever existed...

Plenty of 'Vac members to thank for their help with the project. Coming soon...

Edited by smarty - 28 Apr 2017 at 7:18pm
jumpnfire.com

MOST WANTED CABS:
Mark H View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 4:36pm
The Sega SuperMasters Golf game reminded me of Neo Turf Masters (by Nazca) on the Neo-Geo - the look is similar !

Cheers

Mark
"The Future Is Now"
smarty View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 12:54pm
A quick post before I set off for Revival...

I'm sure this cab was already a conversion (Another Sys24 game) from something else before SMGolf due to the wiring loom having lots of other connectors available but all being tied up.

After lots of work the Super Masters Golf has now been converted to Crack Down, still a System 24 game but possibly something that will get played a little more. Tongue

Thanks to Muddy for doing the CP/Marquee design and Sys24 sticker.
Thanks to Vic for cutting the Control panel metalwork.
Thanks for Dj_yt for selling me the gameboard. Sold as untested but it did actually work when hooked up. Thumbs Up

jumpnfire.com

MOST WANTED CABS:
aeroflott View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
A different league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeroflott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 1:03pm
That's great to see - nice work Marty. Another one lives!
dj_yt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj_yt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 1:05pm
Looks awesome! I've seen the cab in the flesh, and the monitor looks so sharp. :-)
Wanted: More Faulty Sega PCBs! :-D
Brettster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 1:08pm
That looks very nice indeed

Looking for More Space!!
big10p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 1:37pm
Mint! Great work.

Re: wiring. It seems like Sega practice to wire their multi game cabs with all the wiring required for any of the games. I have a Pool CashCube that was wired for pedals (used by Club Kart) etc.
Alpha1 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Do the Shake and 'VAC

5 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alpha1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 1:52pm
What a great game!
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

Bensonrad View Drop Down
STILL looking for an Outrun & Paperboy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:11pm
Good Work Smarty.
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Asteroids Cabaret Cab, Track & Field or Hyper Sports cab, Exterminator & Arkanoid set ups+Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs
Shinydaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shinydaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:24pm
Fantastic !
Hunting for a pole position !!
Flinnster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 4:02pm
Awesome! Look forward to playing it tomorrow Thumbs Up

Wanted: - PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder
- Parts needed: Naomi non-swivel castor / wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 7:49pm
That came out great Thumbs Up
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
smarty View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 5:06pm
BUMP!

One year on from the long weekend in Scotland.

Anyone have updates to share, where did all those cabs go! Thumbs Up 
jumpnfire.com

MOST WANTED CABS:
bonehead View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bonehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 6:48pm
Unfortunately the marble madness can I got from the raid is still in storage trying to dry out. Pretty sure the cab is not salvageable as too far gone. I have transplanted the game pcb and control panel to another cab so the game still lives.

As regards the Jamma cabs they all have faulty monitors which need to be sent off for repair.

Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted. Centipede uprigh, bezerk, mad planets.
backflipper View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backflipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 6:55pm
I got the taito asteroids table and the Taito Zun Zun block.

Since receiving the Asteroids it I have managed to locate a very rough Taito asteroids PCB. Next step is to start working on the PCB.

The Zun zun is even worse.  I need to try and find a Bezel for it as it has an aftermarket Galaxian conversion bezel.  If anyone can help me locate one that would be awesome.
virtvic View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
The Cabaret King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtvic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2017 at 8:05pm
The little Isis jamma cab is fully restored with a new monitor and some cosmetic work I did to it.
It houses Scramble and Time Pilot at the moment with a jamma switcher and I play it most days.

The Battlezone cabaret I got hasn't had much work done on it. The pcbs obviously didn't work and Phil Murray has those to fix when he gets some time. I have made a back door for it and tested the monitor. It does partially work but needs so e attention to get it working properly. I would really like to have this playable - but it needs some time yet.
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 10:53am
I got a little jamma which is all cleaned up beautifully and running a multigame setup, The Moonwalker is actually an exceptionally rare Alien Storm cab, which incredibly I managed to find the original marquee and missing cpo artwork for. The monitor is fixed, and I've just repaired the damaged monitor and control panel mountings and started vectoring all the artwork from it.
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
jase38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jase38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 12:05pm
Nice. Would love to see pics of the Alien Storm cab when its complete.
JohnBud View Drop Down
There's only one JB, only one JB!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnBud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 3:36pm
i ended up with a nintendo cocktail Thumbs Up haven'y fired it up yet but will do later in the year, or maybe no, lol.

aeroflott View Drop Down
Senior Members
Senior Members
A different league

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeroflott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 7:00pm
Managed to drag my lazy arse to the garage and get some work done on Pete's Battlezone. Update here:

Nearly there now. Hoping to switch on within a week or so.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic