FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skin:

Pictures of your Super Hang On cabs please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pictures of your Super Hang On cabs please
    Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 10:20am
I'm trying to figure out what should actually be in a full set of Super Hang-On stickers. What I'd like to do is produce a master set that covers every cab version.

It appears there are multiple sets, in different orders and I'd like to figure out exactly what is right. It seems there are 2 definite sets I can see where multiple cabs have the same stickers in the same place on each side, possibly the USA version and the UK version.

Other cabs I've seen have them in totally different places though so I'm wondering if they just came in a bag and ops stuck them wherever they wanted, then the deluxe has extra ones the upright doesn't. So if you've got a cab please stick some pics up so I can figure it out Smile

These are the sets I've got so far, this one is from a fully original cabinet with all the stickers intact so must be a factory set. Top box is the front, bottom box is the back monitor cover, then the others are the same on each side. (UK version?)

Then this is the second set which has some different stickers (USA version?)

Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
BristolMartin View Drop Down

4 Years of Supporting ukvac.com!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BristolMartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 10:21am
I have a deluxe in original condition. Ill take some photos later
Chopper79 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 10:38am
I have an upright, I'll post some pics shortly. I have a sticker set pdf, but they never include the big sticker on the plastic hood.
Chopper79 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 11:07am

Mine is the euro version made by atari ireland.
muddymusic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 11:10am
Excellent, thanks!

I've got the elf sticker so can add that to the set.

If you have the time could you measure the width of your 'Super Hang-On' stickers on the front and back of the hood and on the sides for me please? I'd like to make sure those are all correct for all versions too thanks.

Edited by muddymusic - 29 Aug 2017 at 11:11am
Chopper79 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 11:15am
Already got those on a PDF, I can send to you if you like?
Chopper79 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 11:21am
The huge blue sticker on the hood in the last picture, is the one most needed. There is another section at the front half as well. It looks painted, but it's 2 big stickers. These are usually torn, etc..Would be good to reproduce these as well.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 11:25am
Originally posted by Chopper79 Chopper79 wrote:

Already got those on a PDF, I can send to you if you like?

I have the file you mention, I wanted to check it's accurate -
the smallest one is above the monitor,
medium sized ones are left and right sides of the cab
large one on the hood? is that right?
BristolMartin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BristolMartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 11:40am
Originally posted by muddymusic muddymusic wrote:

Excellent, thanks!

I've got the elf sticker so can add that to the set.

If you have the time could you measure the width of your 'Super Hang-On' stickers on the front and back of the hood and on the sides for me please? I'd like to make sure those are all correct for all versions too thanks.

Happy to do anything for you Ollie. I also have an original upright in storage too.
Chopper79 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 11:52am
Yes the smallest above the monitor, the one's on each side of the base, are quite large. The one on each half of the hoods, Is going to be the most difficult to copy I would imagine, as it tapers down. I don't have a ruler to hand at the moment.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 12:01pm
The 3 Super Hang on the file I have are

A: 282mm wide x 82mm high (above monitor)
B: 407mm wide x 114mm high (hood)
C: 548mm wide x 154mm high (base - 1 each side)

nurtuo View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by BristolMartin BristolMartin wrote:

I have a deluxe in original condition. Ill take some photos later

You must have a aircraft hanger for all the cabs you have.
You need to sell a few to give Virgin Atlantic their shed back.
LOL
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!
frothmeister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frothmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 2:27pm
Nice thread Olly.........I was thinking of getting in touch with you at some point to ask if you had repro'd the set as I might well need to replace mine before long.......the plastic hood on mine is quite badly yellowed, so I might well remove them and respray it at some point.

I can post up some pics of mine later on this evening hopefully.
bbz149 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbz149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 2:53pm
Pic of mine just before restore. I have a few NOS that i've not installed yet and have a PDF from a guy in the US for the rest

My old Cab

PDF I had printed. The Helmet is about twice the size it should be!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 3:00pm
Excellent stuff, this is all very helpful. Yours matches set one I've got Terry with the Sega logo swapped out for the ELF logo so that's good to see.
Looks so far like the sit down one uses the same as the second upright set.

Good to know about the helmet logo being too big as well!

Keep the pics coming guys Smile

*p.s. Can someone measure their helmet.

Never thought I'd be asking that.

Edited by muddymusic - 29 Aug 2017 at 3:01pm
bbz149 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbz149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by muddymusic muddymusic wrote:

Excellent stuff, this is all very helpful. Yours matches set one I've got Terry with the Sega logo swapped out for the ELF logo so that's good to see.
Looks so far like the sit down one uses the same as the second upright set.

Good to know about the helmet logo being too big as well!

Keep the pics coming guys Smile

*p.s. Can someone measure their helmet.

Never thought I'd be asking that.
O, and that 2nd in from the top Right Sticker thats says When the Speed Meter flashes push the Red Button is also too big m8!
Danscu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danscu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 8:35pm
Hi
Pics below of mine (Olly's old one!) with requested dimensions.  This was also made by Atari Ireland. 

Its missing a lot of stickers and I don't have a helmet to measure Embarrassed

The speed meter sticker on mine looks like it should be 7.5cm x 3.5cm.

Dimensions:
"SUPER-HANG ON" front at widest point ("HANG-ON") is 26.5cm.  Smallest width("SUPER") is 8cm.  Height of sticker is 8cm. 

Dimensions:
"SUPER-HANG ON" rear at widest point ("HANG-ON") is 39cm.  Smallest width("SUPER") is 20.5cm.  Height of sticker is 13cm.  

Edited by Danscu - 29 Aug 2017 at 9:22pm
Looking for:)

Electrocoin Goliath Mk 3
Sega Shootout Pool marquee
Space
frothmeister View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frothmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 8:49pm
Well Terry has saved me a job as I believe my upright is his old one. (Though it belonged to another member in between).
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Repro Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2017 at 9:21pm
Thanks for the info from yours Dan
jase38 View Drop Down
User
User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jase38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2017 at 2:39pm
Just had a check of mine.  The stickers are pretty much the same as Chopper79's. :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic