Print Page | Close Window

Out Run

Printed From: ukVac.com
Category: Arcade
Forum Name: High Scores
Forum Description: Got a high score, post it here!
URL: http://www.ukvac.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=330111
Printed Date: 07 Jul 2020 at 3:36am

Topic: Out Run
Posted By: Muerto
Subject: Out Run
Date Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 8:43pm

Can´t find the pic of it, so you have to trust me.... (and i´m not good at it..)
I´m sure this is a game a lot of people have....

-------------
Inside every tool is a hammer!

Replies:
Posted By: cNp
Date Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 9:06am

R,L,R,R - D

Maybe we could have a table for each destination, make it more interesting and encourage playing different stages... each route would probably be overkill :)

That's Jon MooMooTown's score at the top... he can get loads more than that but might as well have that in there too.

-------------
Wanted: Asteroids cabaret, Vartek Kadet JAMMA cab, Mappy Dedicated

Posted By: nurtuo
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 9:54am
I have been Scouting around for a while now and cannot find anymore information about the
Twin Galaxies World Record for Outrun.

Was this ever confirmed at all with evidence?

The Score vs Time scoring system makes it hard to work out if its possible and with the 
different Dip settings that may be used, how much could it change it the High Score?

-------------
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 3:39pm
My Latest OutRun High Score Board.

Catching John Beresford Up. But some way off the W/R.

Done on my Standard Upright Cab with Correct Dip Switch Settings.
Time Adjustment = Normal
Number of Enemy = Normal

https://flic.kr/p/2hE2Bxj" rel="nofollow">

Going Sub 4.49 is going to be a Good Run. 

-------------
You're Cool, The Engines Hot, The Girl Is Gorgeous, A Tankful Of Gas And An Open Road......The Rest Is Up To You!

Posted By: antray84
Date Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 4:11pm
Always surprised that a game that is so popular as Outrun and that lends itself so well to highscores does not have more of a 'running' scene. 

-------------
Big Apple 3am

Date Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 4:18pm
With more Local Arcades popping up with online High Score Boards hopefully more will get interested. 

-------------

Posted By: Outrun2
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 12:47pm
I've never been much of a high score achiever on video games, but I'm not bad at OutRun Wink

I think my best is a tad over 35 million, but no photo proof, so here's my best with evidence on my original upright cab - all normal settings.

Didn't have the enhanced romset back then, so this was the first run of the day LOL

BTW the huge scores were achieved with the gear-gacha technique, which I personally don't count as genuine high scores.  I know there is a certain skill to getting it right, but I see it as exploiting a glitch in the code and removes the need for the skill of actually staying on the road and mastering the genius that is OutRun.

-------------
Would like:
No more cabs.. please!!

Posted By: Maxrom
Date Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 1:10pm
My best so far is a 4:52 which was done over at Neon Knights on their Outrun cab. Have yet to beat this on my own machine though.

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 1:48pm
Great to see some good times going up, on a long overlooked High Score Board.

Lets get up as many members times as possible.

Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Nov 2019 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Outrun2 Outrun2 wrote:

I've never been much of a high score achiever on video games, but I'm not bad at OutRun Wink

I think my best is a tad over 35 million, but no photo proof, so here's my best with evidence on my original upright cab - all normal settings.

Didn't have the enhanced romset back then, so this was the first run of the day LOL

BTW the huge scores were achieved with the gear-gacha technique, which I personally don't count as genuine high scores.  I know there is a certain skill to getting it right, but I see it as exploiting a glitch in the code and removes the need for the skill of actually staying on the road and mastering the genius that is OutRun.

What is the gear-gacha technique?
I have seen something that looks like that on MAME High Scores on YouTube,
but what a waste of time that is!

You try going on the grass on a real cab!!!

-------------

Posted By: CharlieFar
Date Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 9:01am
Love a bit of Outrun and there's some great times here.
My best is somewhere around 43 million. No screenshot though.

Date Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 9:54am
Just to Clarify that some Pretty Fast High Scores on OutRun are Possible without
any form of Cheating in any way.

This is John Beresford at Arcade Club on a DLX without any need to Cheat in any way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ0tJgvBIZ0&list=PL3syskx25aFZno5vUxvAj8OWNA_Xyp0v2&index=2&t=107s" rel="nofollow - John Beresford Arcade Club Clicky

I think anyone using this Gear Gatcha Cheat is only Cheating Themselves.
Also the Massive difference in Time Vs Score would show up I would say anyway.

Lets see some more Great Times Posted here.

Lots of you have them, so lets enjoy them.

We all need to get the time we wanted to back in 1986!!!    Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 2:29pm
Just thought it was a good idea to start Videoing any runs I do on my Cabinet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCJ2MCgQCzc" rel="nofollow - My Current Fastest Run Video Clicky

Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 8:52pm
Good idea, I might have to do the same once I start getting back in the groove. 

I love on the video how you do a pristine run, and then within about 3 seconds of the computer taking over, it's rammed a car and stuck you on the grass...! Self driving car technology from 1986 LOL

Date Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 10:50pm
I believe Ferrari did permit Tesla to use a one off convertible Testarossa in some very early experiments. In fact it still holds the record for longest journey by an autonomous vehicle. 35 foot into a palm tree. Back to the drawing board Elon.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 7:47pm
I am creeping nearer to the 50,000,000.
But that Traffic just keeps coming!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps2ShesQYso&t=40s" rel="nofollow - Video of the Run Clicky

Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 7:50pm
Brilliant score and time, well done Clap

I'll need to get some serious time on my machine to get close to that run. This must be one of the fastest times and highest scores that's been recorded, surely?

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 11:24am
Lets see how far this gets!!!

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/211639-arcade-out-run-points-48-677-710-eddie-campbell" rel="nofollow - My Twin Galaxies Submission Clicky

Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: sicoe
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 7:35am
Originally posted by nurtuo nurtuo wrote:

I am creeping nearer to the 50,000,000.
But that Traffic just keeps coming!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps2ShesQYso&t=40s" rel="nofollow - Video of the Run Clicky

Smile

Seriously impressive infact the best ive ever seen!!

Posted By: minwah
Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 9:38am

Just to Clarify that some Pretty Fast High Scores on OutRun are Possible without
any form of Cheating in any way.

This is John Beresford at Arcade Club on a DLX without any need to Cheat in any way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ0tJgvBIZ0&list=PL3syskx25aFZno5vUxvAj8OWNA_Xyp0v2&index=2&t=107s" rel="nofollow - John Beresford Arcade Club Clicky

Jeez! I thought I was quite good at OutRun and assumed scores like that were done with the gear exploit. Not sure my best score off hand but nowhere near that.

I think anyone using this Gear Gatcha Cheat is only Cheating Themselves.

I agree, I've seen videos of people doing it and it just doesn't look fun to me. I've no desire to even try it.

Date Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 10:23am
As soon as i found out about this Gear Gatcher Cheat I started recording my runs, 
as its going to be the first thing someone says. And I do not blame them.

What with MAME runs and using this type of cheat, then it can be the only way to prove it.

I, like a lot of others here also enjoying playing live at Arcades. 

Then any such cheating would be seen anyway.

Get some of the guys in the cheating videos to try a run without it and then see their scores.

To Cheat someone else, First you have to Cheat yourself!

Thanks Guys.    Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 10:42am
A few of us a UKVac Members had a great Night of Gaming once again at our local Arcade,
Neon Knights in Leigh on Sea in Essex.

https://neonknights.co.uk/" rel="nofollow -

A good night to be had, if anyone is in the area.

And if your into Retro Games and Consoles go next door as, https://www.facebook.com/TheRealRetroHunter/" rel="nofollow -

-------------

Posted By: JAG555
Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 4:11pm
No worries Eddie, good to catch up with you last night!

And bloody hell, I need to start practising, you are on fire with Outrun!

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 10:05pm
It was a good evening indeed. I've got work to do to swap places with you on the Neon Knights scoreboard after your run last night. Nice time and score (again...!) Clap

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 10:37am
I managed a new personal best yesterday on my cab - 4m51s and 45.1 million. Just a couple more seconds to loose to challenge for the top spot!

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 5:55pm
Top Work. Its great to see all these OutRun Scores coming in.

-------------

Posted By: moomootown
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 6:03pm
Might be nice to have scores by ending route - all the above are using the highest scoring route of R,L,R,R
Outrun 2 fixes this by having leaderboards by ending (A, B, C, D or E)

It’s a shame really as nobody really plays any other stages due to the optimal route being unbeatable as it’s the fastest route through

-------------
Wanted: Virtua Cop 1 cab / Point Blank 3 PCB

Date Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 9:19pm
New personal best obtained over at the great Neon Knights arcade in Leigh-on-Sea, Essex. 4m50s and 46.4 million. Still have some way to go to challenge the best players, but I'm slowly getting there.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 5:44pm
A good night yesterday at Neon Knights arcade. I lost my first place standing on the Daytona leaderboard, but I increased my lead on Outrun with a 48.7m score Smile

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 5:52pm
Top Driving. All this OutRun Activity is really great. 
Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 7:21pm
A video of my best OutRun High Score.

50,000,000 is going to be a real ask!

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 7:29pm
Brilliant run mate, very impressive indeed Clap

I'm not quite at that level yet, but I'm working on it!

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Maxrom Maxrom wrote:

Brilliant run mate, very impressive indeed Clap

I'm not quite at that level yet, but I'm working on it!

Give it a few days, you will pass that as well.

Do you remember when going sub 5.00 mins sounded impossible?

OutRun forever!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 7:43pm

Do you remember when going sub 5.00 mins sounded impossible?

OutRun forever!!!

Yes and Yes!

Posted By: minwah
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2020 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by moomootown moomootown wrote:

Might be nice to have scores by ending route - all the above are using the highest scoring route of R,L,R,R

I just noticed everyone is doing this. I always thought the 'easiest' route was right at every junction...maybe that is true but not the quickest.

I shall see what I can do using this route...

Posted By: agent4125
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 7:56pm
Nice scores gents.  I have just started playing it again now I've finished my upright restore.

Currently got up to 36m....   Eddy I'm gonna analyse your videos in detail lol.

Currently I'm just trying to figure out how to avoid the traffic.  Seems that sometimes the cars/trucks are just in the place you need to be to keep going at top speed. Grr. LOL

-------------
Blog: https://www.agent4125.com/
Wanted: Robotron upper coin door/mech. Star wars Upright Speaker Grille. A cheap working vector board for testing my XY Kit.

Posted By: cosine
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 9:32pm
No pic, but the highest I've ever achieved is just over 39m, will start playing again when I get the monitor chassis back LOL
I've watched John Beresford play it at Arcade Club, the man is a beast!

-------------
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my sanity the most.

Posted By: neoretro
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 10:27pm
Here’s the pre closure Neon Knights high score board.

Posted By: ronsplooter
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 11:00pm
Any specific tips or tricks for Outrun other than lots of practice and memorising the courses? I noticed in neoretro's last vid that you hug the sides of the road a lot.

Posted By: sosfx
Date Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 11:06pm
The best tips I can give are the following
Get the car up to 293 as fast as you can, if the road bends, turn. 
Oh and don't crash!
Do this and and you will get some good scores Thumbs Up 

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 6:59am
Originally posted by cosine cosine wrote:

I've watched John Beresford play it at Arcade Club, the man is a beast!

He is indeed one quick chap!

And the reason that I kept pushing to catch him up.

As far as I am aware Mr Beresford and I are the only UK players to get into the 49,000,000s
in our pursuit of the magic 50 million.

As you will see from NeoRetro's Neon Knights High Score Board, posted above,
my good friend MaxRom is also one of the Fastest Outrunners. 
Only a matter of time before he breaks the 49,000,000 as well.

My best advise is to make sure your settings are correct, Normal Time/Normal Traffic
and learn the roads as much as you can. 
It is possible to control the traffic a little, but only if you are on a fast run.

I have not really been playing OutRun since late last year, for one reason or another.
Most of my Games have been on Pole Position, chasing the top guys there.

Perhaps it's time to see if the old Ferrari will start up again, after that amount of time. LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 6:01pm
Well played Eddie, great scoring, but I'm on your tail! :D

2 goes today and gone from 36m to 39m.  Hit a couple of cars...grr... but happy with that score! :)

Love this game!!

-------------
Wanted: Robotron upper coin door/mech. Star wars Upright Speaker Grille. A cheap working vector board for testing my XY Kit.

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 6:49pm
Top Driving James.

Just a quick piece of advice, video your runs and show your settings at the
end of your fast runs.

As soon as you get down below the 4.50s people just assume you are using the
easy settings or the gear gatcha and fast pull off the line tricks.

It will really pee you off when you get that fast and everyone just says you are cheating!

Keep up the Good Work.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 8:23pm
Heh... it's a shame people think like that.   I can't think of anything more boring than using some cheat or gimmick to play the game.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window