Forum Description: Sell your stuff
URL: http://www.ukvac.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=362202
Printed Date: 22 Feb 2018 at 6:54pm

Topic: Gorf
Posted By: Brewman
Subject: Gorf
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 3:59pm
Looking at selling my Gorf.

Bought it working in Jan and now its not. Unfortunately my repair skills are not too good.

Please message me if you're interested.

Mark

Replies:
Posted By: DanP
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 5:12pm
Sorry to hear you're having so many problems with it.   As you've found owning a Gorf isn't for the faint hearted.   There isn't anyone (that I know of) that repairs these board stacks as I think you've found. The only thing you might find is someone with a working machine that can help you isolate which of the stack are bad.

Before you get inundated with the same questions it might be worth you putting a bit more detail about the cab and ideally some pictures.   Some detail about what's working and what's not, pics of the sideart, insides, etc will always help sell a cab quicker.

glwts

Dan

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 5:48pm
Hi Dan

So it was working fine then the gameplay and speech started to act funny. The game would often crash or reset. I recently cleaned and reseated all the socketed chips on the RAM board and now theres barely anything coming through on the monitor and there's no sound at all.
The monitor seems to be making faint pulsing noises.

I'm struggling to attach any pics but I'll keep trying.

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 6:04pm

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 6:06pm

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 6:09pm

Posted By: DanP
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 6:11pm
Possibly too late, but did you definitely confirm that the power supply is OK?

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:29pm
Yeah but I have just tried checking the AC on the power supply and I'm stuggling to get a clear reading. +5, +12 and -5 are all coming out fine and going into the cage correctly. Could this still happen if the AC is not right? Someone has suggested a new power supply incase the power is dirty?

Posted By: Equites
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 10:03pm
I’m sure James/RGP is hot with repairing these board sets.

May be worth popping him a PM.

-------------
Atari PCB's (and most non-Atari), AR2's, Vector Deflection/HV boards repaired & refurbished.
Wanted: Non-working Atari PCBs.

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 10:27pm
Yeah thanks. I've been in contact with him and I'm trying to sort something out.

Print Page | Close Window