Forum Name: General Arcade Discussion
Forum Description: All General Arcade Chat here
URL: http://www.ukvac.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=363914
Printed Date: 18 Dec 2018 at 7:51pm

Topic: Jamma+ has closed
Posted By: bonehead
Subject: Jamma+ has closed
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 8:48am
Hi guys, I just tried to post a cab for sale on J+ and it says as of 31st may the site will no longer allow people to post and unfortunatly after 14 years the site will close.
That’s a real shame as it was like here a a good source of information and
Friends.
Even tho I spend most of my time on this site it will be a shame to lose it.

-------------
Always looking for a bargain.
Wanted., bezerk, mad planets.

Replies:
Posted By: Bensonrad
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 10:53am
Tis very sad indeed, I have found it to be a great source of info over the years.

-------------
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Small Cabaret Project Cab, Exterminator set up. Always after Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs

Posted By: stevebm1
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 11:03am
I believe Alpha1 offered to back some of it up and intergrate it with this site,not sure if Julian has said yes or not though

-------------
====WANTED====
Vector pinball plastics

Posted By: virtvic
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 11:08am
It was ruined ages ago. I used to love it on there.

-------------
THE PENCE IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

Check out the podcast

http://tenpencearcade.co.uk

Got cabarets? > CALL ME!

Posted By: DanP
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 11:34am
Originally posted by stevebm1 stevebm1 wrote:

I believe Alpha1 offered to back some of it up and intergrate it with this site,not sure if Julian has said yes or not though

It would be fairly trivial to import the useful J+ forum data into the UKVAC database given that we're running on the same software/db schema.   It would be possible (though much less trivial) to import users as well, but given that most people are on both sites it probably wouldn't be worth it.   PM's are in the same possible category, but it would need more thought given that users (and there underlying database entry) will be different across the 2 sites.

If Julian were up for it we would of course mark any data imported as having originated from J+, it's a very useful source having been around for so long and we'd happily acknowledge that and where it came from.   

Finally, all J+ member are of course welcome here and that includes the Admin/Mod team.   At the end of the day we're all about collecting/restoring/repairing/preserving these old wooden boxes full over old obsolete electronics.  Running these sites is not simple or easy so I can well understand that they might want to just get back to being regular collectors again Smile

Dan

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 11:38am
Well said Dan, I agree all the information abailable is important to all collectors so would be good if it was still accessbale.

Keep up the good work guys.

-------------

Posted By: neo-geo-mvs
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 11:38am
Originally posted by DanP DanP wrote:

Originally posted by stevebm1 stevebm1 wrote:

It would be fairly trivial to import the useful J+ forum data into the UKVAC database given that we're running on the same software/db schema.   It would be possible (though much less trivial) to import users as well, but given that most people are on both sites it probably wouldn't be worth it.   PM's are in the same possible category, but it would need more thought given that users (and there underlying database entry) will be different across the 2 sites.

If Julian were up for it we would of course mark any data imported as having originated from J+, it's a very useful source having been around for so long and we'd happily acknowledge that and where it came from.   

Finally, all J+ member are of course welcome here and that includes the Admin/Mod team.   At the end of the day we're all about collecting/restoring/repairing/preserving these old wooden boxes full over old obsolete electronics.  Running these sites is not simple or easy so I can well understand that they might want to just get back to being regular collectors again Smile

Dan

I think that's really good of the UKVAC team and Alpha1. I use both forums, but like others have said there is a lot of crossover so one site with everything together will be great.

Posted By: big10p
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 11:56am
Didn't Julian say the site would be archived? Presumably this would mean all the info will still be accessible?

Posted By: penrhos
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 12:01pm
The Pandora box section needs saving as it's the biggest collection of information on how to mod them on any forum.

I've got several threads I'll be cloning to here or AO to preserve them. I should have done in the first place (as I lost a ton of restoration threads when killercabs shut).

Posted By: tin
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 12:09pm
Massive shame, the only reason I knew this community existed was via J+ - they'd handed some cards out at one of the very early expos.

Would be good if the admins here can work something out to integrate the two, there's a ton of useful information on J+

-------------
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!

Posted By: Flinnster
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 1:16pm
x2 on what Dan said above, I have suggested the same to Julian if it is really closing.

I'm already on both, so life will continue for me, but things should be made as easy as possible for folk to sign up here (obviously).
Like others have said, there is a ton of info / resources there that really needs saving whatever happens.

-------------

WTD: OutrunDLX, Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder, Wonderboy pcb
Parts WTD: Naomi wheels, Dino King Door metal clip

Posted By: Blinky
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 1:50pm
Wow, that is a real shame to hear. Sounds like wheels are in motion already but I hope the years of information will be preserved one way or another as I have found it to be a great resource in the past.

Big thanks to the team here for keeping UKVAC running, I'd be lost without it!

Posted By: tb lilley
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by virtvic virtvic wrote:

Agree.

Reap what you sow.

Would be useful to have some of the J+ content made available, but FWIW I'd rather have it parked up somewhere out of sight rather than integrated with UKVAC. A load of the content is bollocks. Yes, a lot of cross over between UKVAC and J+, but they are 2 quite distinct sites, with 2 quite distinct vibes to them.

Jm2p.

-------------
It's only original once.

Posted By: Purity
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by tb lilley tb lilley wrote:

Agree.

Reap what you sow.

Would be useful to have some of the J+ content made available, but FWIW I'd rather have it parked up somewhere out of sight rather than integrated with UKVAC. A load of the content is bollocks. Yes, a lot of cross over between UKVAC and J+, but they are 2 quite distinct sites, with 2 quite distinct vibes to them.

Jm2p.

Totally agree with James.  Lots of drivel on the site, as well as some very decent information which is worth preserving.

Archive it somewhere and set it to read-only - sounds like Julian has got the right idea to me if he is intending to do that Thumbs Up

Also I think it very unlikely that he will allow the sites to be merged because of previous history between both forums - personal feelings will take priority over what's best for the closing forum and its users if it doesn't continue.....but I could be wrong?

I wish the guy the best with his future endeavours

-------------
http://www.arcadecollectors.co.uk" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: NaokiS
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Purity Purity wrote:

Originally posted by tb lilley tb lilley wrote:

Agree.

Reap what you sow.

Jm2p.

Totally agree with James.  Lots of drivel on the site, as well as some very decent information which is worth preserving.

Archive it somewhere and set it to read-only - sounds like Julian has got the right idea to me if he is intending to do that Thumbs Up

Also I think it very unlikely that he will allow the sites to be merged because of previous history between both forums - personal feelings will take priority over what's best for the closing forum and its users if it doesn't continue.....but I could be wrong?

I wish the guy the best with his future endeavours

As one who isnt in the know, what is the history between the two? Why do both places refer to each other as "over the road"?

Posted By: neo-geo-mvs
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 5:12pm
I think its best not to go over the past and bring it all back up...

Date Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by neo-geo-mvs neo-geo-mvs wrote:

I think its best not to go over the past and bring it all back up...

One could argue that.. Others would say that since J+ is ending and plus it's history, it's not going to affect much 

Posted By: John Bennett
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 5:28pm
Why’s it closing, or is it best not to ask?

Never been on there - one forum is enough distraction for me

Edit:- Seen an explanation post now - fair enough, retirement :-)

-------------
http://www.philwip.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).

Posted By: forcefulfil
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by virtvic virtvic wrote:

-------------
UKVAC: The longest running UK Arcade forum on the net

Posted By: Sbdesign
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 7:17pm
Well it can only mean all info from now on is going to be on this one site, I think thats a good thing.

-------------
Looking out for a Sega Gun cab: HOTD 1or2 / VC 1or2

Posted By: skykappah
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 1:38am
Hey guys, please stop the bitching and welcome all the J+ members that will eventually turn up, like myself. Yeah there's been negatives. But there's that is everywhere. I choose to ignore all that and have a good time anywhere. But coming here and seeing some J+ bashing is sending out the wrong message, especially this is and will most likely be the first thread we visit before fully integrating.

So hi again (I registered ages ago but never committed here, not due to preference but out of familiarity.) Hope everybody is well. Looking forward to the new experience.

-------------
Now why can't real wumenz be like cartoon wumenz?

Posted By: uberpixel
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 6:20am
Most of the people who are bashing left so because of certain admin decisions either affecting themselves personally or people they know.

It will be a shame if the offer of hosting here is not taken up as there were some genuinely helpful threads.

-------------
Own: Sega Blast City, Taito Egret II, Sega Mushi King x2, Sega Dino King
Want: Egret II, Sega Dino King/Love & Berry cab(s), Sega Aero Table, lottery win

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 6:39am
I was more than happy to use both sites and met more people in the hobby in the process.
Only differences I found was this came across as a forum for people collecting older games and with less rules.

If a mod wants to lock the thread and start a new One once more details are known about what help or support can be done to intergrate the two then that’s fine, that way it can be kept clean and polite about anything that’s gone on in the past.

Thanks

-------------

Posted By: ZedEx48K
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 9:15am
Originally posted by uberpixel uberpixel wrote:

Most of the people who are bashing left so because of certain admin decisions either affecting themselves personally or people they know.

This, for quite a few people in a small community to have a grievance shows something was being done badly.

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 10:01am
It's all in the past as far as I am concerned - although my own personal grievance was very minor in comparison to some other peoples

I would imagine that those people don't give much thought to it nowadays, and also a lot of those affected don't even use this forum anymore.

There will be no ill feeling towards any J+ member that joins, and they will be welcomed like anyone else I am sure

-------------

Posted By: stegrey
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 10:27am
Be sad to see jammaplus go but its good we still have vac it might be a bit easier instead of going between sites but you have to be even faster if something is in the for sale section... andys fast enough now! Haha

-------------
(Current cabs) sega rally twin,OR upright,Or2,Scud race upright,Ridge racer Dlx,Daytona Twin Dlx, New astro city,sega Naomi universal
Pins: TAF WCS94

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 10:29am
Originally posted by bonehead bonehead wrote:

If a mod wants to lock the thread and start a new One once more details are known about what help or support can be done to intergrate the two then that’s fine, that way it can be kept clean and polite about anything that’s gone on in the past.

Nah, it's not our way to lock a thread where people are having their say.   Obviously please keep it respectful if you can (and I've not seen anything not so far).   

For my part it's all water under the bridge and pretty much ancient history now.  I know for a lot of people it's still pretty raw and that's OK, people deal with things in their own way/time. 

As for possible integration/backup, Alpha1 has made the offer on J+ I believe.  If we hear something back then we'll look at all options and would seek your (the UKVAC members) input on solutions, but for now it's out of our hands.   Dsyde is obviously looking at various options, I'm sure he's had offers to help/take over the site since he's made his announcement.   It's up to him to choose how he want's to proceed.  If we can help we will, if not that's fine.

As already stated any/all J+ members are welcome here and always have been.

Dan

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 11:22am
Originally posted by skykappah skykappah wrote:

Hey guys, please stop the bitching and welcome all the J+ members that will eventually turn up, like myself. Yeah there's been negatives. But there's that is everywhere. I choose to ignore all that and have a good time anywhere. But coming here and seeing some J+ bashing is sending out the wrong message, especially this is and will most likely be the first thread we visit before fully integrating.

So hi again (I registered ages ago but never committed here, not due to preference but out of familiarity.) Hope everybody is well. Looking forward to the new experience.

So, its:

- stop bitching
- stop J+ bashing
- stop the negativity
- welcome all the J+ members

Thanks for that.

Are you offering anything at all in return?

Seriously - this thread couldn't be clearer that J+ members will be made welcome. I see concerns about integrating J+ content, but not much else that's 'negative' and nothing that's 'bitching'.

J+ closing is a disaster. I'd much rather it stayed up and running for many years to come.

-------------
It's only original once.

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 11:44am
Yes, it did seem fairly reserved comments made so far.

No idea what other forums are like, but it's all got to be less wild than the performance car forums, considering what we're actually doing as a hobby - a fight here would feel like a brawl in a tearoom

-------------
http://www.philwip.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.philwip.com -sibling 'fix-off' (I’m losing by miles).

Posted By: skykappah
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 12:32pm
I haven't had the chance to offer anything in return yet have I, as I've only just migrated. Also it was what I thought would be some helpful advice for us neutrals only just coming in. "Hey guys" only referred to the ones that were being negative And I did say "some J+ bashing" not a blanket statement "J+ bashing" regarding the thread. I also said "hi" and hoped that everybody is well. As I know it's a partial welcoming thread... In that regard, I actually offered a greeting already... If a greeting isn't good for a (re)introduction... I dunno what is. A video of me on my hands and knees, yodelling oh great negativity be thy name, thy J+ bashing come, who art thou mighty tb lilley, may thou praise thee, amen? Nah... That's reserved for the wife..
Learn to compute more clearly before you put your stand off goggles on.

And to you personally thanks for such a warm welcome.

-------------
Now why can't real wumenz be like cartoon wumenz?

Posted By: Sbdesign
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 12:39pm
Stop the bitching

-------------
Looking out for a Sega Gun cab: HOTD 1or2 / VC 1or2

Posted By: joe34
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 12:43pm
let's give peace a chance.

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by skykappah skykappah wrote:

I haven't had the chance to offer anything in return yet have I, as I've only just migrated. Also it was what I thought would be some helpful advice for us neutrals only just coming in. "Hey guys" only referred to the ones that were being negative And I did say "some J+ bashing" not a blanket statement "J+ bashing" regarding the thread. I also said "hi" and hoped that everybody is well. As I know it's a partial welcoming thread... In that regard, I actually offered a greeting already... If a greeting isn't good for a (re)introduction... I dunno what is. A video of me on my hands and knees, yodelling oh great negativity be thy name, thy J+ bashing come, who art thou mighty tb lilley, may thou praise thee, amen? Nah... That's reserved for the wife..
Learn to compute more clearly before you put your stand off goggles on.

And to you personally thanks for such a warm welcome.

You just keep digging in mate.

As you were.

-------------
It's only original once.

Posted By: tin
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by joe34 joe34 wrote:

let's give peace a chance.

In this instance I think that would be a good idea!

-------------
This is your crew chief // Yeah, the course is really tough // But it's a beautiful day // So good luck!

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 12:47pm
Remind me what happened to John Lennon, again. Tongue

Posted By: cools
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 2:05pm
Any forum closing is a bad thing. I'd offer to take it on myself however I struggle to find time to maintain AO let alone a totally unknown entity.

I don't have a J+ login, is it closing because of time, money or both?

-------------
http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/User:Cools" rel="nofollow - My arcade collection...

http://www.arcadeotaku.com" rel="nofollow - Arcade Otaku

Posted By: Milky
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 2:11pm
Welcome to all who are joining. Sorry to see j+ is closing but i hope that everyone can continue to joke, trade and support each other on here.

-------------
Hmmm...it IS a good game, but it needs more cowboys...

Posted By: r-type
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 2:27pm
I'm sorry to see it go but looking forward to coming here more often than I currently do. Sometimes, things just happen for the best anyway and it will be nice to have everything in one place.

Looking forward to meeting some new people!

Posted By: cools
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by penrhos penrhos wrote:

The Pandora box section needs saving as it's the biggest collection of information on how to mod them on any forum.

I've got several threads I'll be cloning to here or AO to preserve them. I should have done in the first place (as I lost a ton of restoration threads when killercabs shut).

Bang it in the AO wiki. If you need to bulk upload images LMK

-------------
http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/User:Cools" rel="nofollow - My arcade collection...

http://www.arcadeotaku.com" rel="nofollow - Arcade Otaku

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by penrhos penrhos wrote:

I'd suggest we need to wait and see what happens and what Julian decides.  Obviously by all means back up what you can for good measure!   I'm sure he's keen to preserve the content one way or another and this is the sort of thing that by the sounds of it does need saving.  

It is without a doubt that there is some content on J+ worth preserving - even if it's in just a read only mode.   For example the tech section has a lot of good info from 2004 - 2010 when J+ was really the only game in town while UKVAC was on it's hiatus.  There's even a few nuggets in there from me I'm sure :)  As I mentioned before if it were to happen we'd consult you guys first as to how it would work, where it would go, etc.

Arcade collecting is a funny thing.   If you get 6 VAC collectors on a internet forum you'll end up with a flame war within a week.   Put those same 6 people in a room full of old games (and usually beer) and you'll end up with 6 friends for life...

Posted By: Alpha1
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 3:47pm
Just to reiterate what everyone has said. All j+ members are 100000000% welcome here. All one big family.

-------------
Wanted: Time Traveller, GALAXIAN 3 THEATER, 80's Namco & Taito games

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by John Bennett John Bennett wrote:

No idea what other forums are like, but it's all got to be less wild than the performance car forums, considering what we're actually doing as a hobby - a fight here would feel like a brawl in a tearoom

Live CCTV just in....

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 7:41pm
Haha, forgotten about that. LOL
I'm definitely too old for a flame war (and I'm not even 40 yet) Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 7:57pm

New forum rule: anyone under 40 is banned!!! LOL

Posted By: Eddhorse
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 8:45pm
Let's all get along, fix arcade machines and play games !

Posted By: neil1637
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Eddhorse Eddhorse wrote:

Very well said indeed, Mr Horse.

-------------
Please visit my Arcade Diary Blog at https://neilsarcadediary.wordpress.com/" rel="nofollow - https://neilsarcadediary.wordpress.com/

Grail search - Donkey kong upright; Centipede upright.

Posted By: Mark H
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 9:21pm
We welcome all J+ members. 

I in fact first registered there before transferring to this forum as ukvac was more active in terms of user posts and traffic etc.

Cheers

Mark

-------------
"The Future Is Now"

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by big10p big10p wrote:

I'm 22. So what? Ya ban me?! AngryLOL

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by NaokiS NaokiS wrote:

Originally posted by big10p big10p wrote:

I'm 22. So what? Ya ban me?! AngryLOL

Where do you think you are? Neo-geo.com!

Ban-Hammer.....

Posted By: Bods
Date Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 8:42am
Sad to hear thatUnhappy

Was the first forum I joined after talking to Nick Hutt about Space Harrier and OutRun DLX cabs and he told me to join, so it was his fault you've had to put up with meLOLEmbarrassed

The only important thing here is we Still have a place to talk, rescue, Restore, Fix and Enjoy what made our Younger years so amazing. Along with other cool stuff from the 70's 80's and 90's

There wouldn't be half the machines around now and I wouldn't have half the machines I have if it wasn't for both sites over the past years, I suspect many others could say the same. No point holding grudges if you ask me (lots probably saying we haven't asked you)Clown, Maybe it's a good time for people to bury the hatchet, rise above it and get back to whats important and what they joined the forums for and just forget all this stuff

There's only one subject that we should keep bringing up about the past and thats the Arcade Machines themselves, and keep it alive for the Future

-------------
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Light Plexi and more space

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 11:16am
Originally posted by Eddhorse Eddhorse wrote:

Amen to that, brother. I nominate this as Post of the YearSmile

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 4:42pm
Does anyone know if maintenance is occuring or has it closed already?

-------------

Posted By: Hurray Banana
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 4:50pm
Oh dear, only just noticed that.

Did you hear from Julian?

-------------
https://hurraybananavectrexhomebrew.wordpress.com/" rel="nofollow - https://hurraybananavectrexhomebrew.wordpress.com/

Posted By: karlcdoe
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Alpha1 Alpha1 wrote:

Does anyone know if maintenance is occuring or has it closed already?

Hmm. Well, I just read this thread having been on my hols and tried to login without success, it was a maintenance notification rather than closed for ever notification though. If it's for ever then it is a sad day indeed.

Key point for me is that someone, somewhere needs to save the technical information and fix logs at the very least or I'll be doing way back machine searches for ever only to find missing images, private posts etc. There *was* some great stuff on there, including, funnily enough, some information n the space harrier motor drive board which is a current project and now I think about it a very long and interesting (to me) thread about Luke Wells Star rider 'odessey'.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 5:07pm
If that's J+ shut - that's a bummer as I hadn't backed up some of my classic threads.

Like the Mightymast "Arcade classics" rip down.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 5:14pm
It's gone! Shocked

No, I hadn't had time to back up stuff either UnhappyUnhappy

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 5:18pm
Personally if this is it, bit unfair that he didn't give any notice for people to know when to backup by

Posted By: 2huwman
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 5:25pm
Yes, would have been good to have had a date. I've been downloading the whole site with webcopy for the last couple of days, but I don't think it was anywhere near finished.

Posted By: Body pop
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 5:53pm
: (sad day indeed .

Posted By: Asure
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 5:59pm
Down for maintenance now it seems. Or down forever. Sad to see it go, i spent a lot of time there.

Posted By: Outrun2
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 6:06pm
Last post I read on there a short time ago was from a guy who said he would happily take on the forum lock stock and barrel.

I'd like to think something has been agreed, as it's not great to shut the site down permanently without at least giving some sort of date for closure Confused  I know it's been imminent for a week or so, but even a days notice prior to closure would have been helpful.

Hopefully it's just temporary and will return with some concrete info Smile

-------------
Would like:
No more cabs.. please!!

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 6:07pm
Ouch

Posted By: NKG
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 6:25pm
J+ saved my sanity for 14 years, lot of members who help me through dark times 10 years ago when my dad was ill and passed away, big thanks to those.

Anyway hope we can all raise a glass to times gone and good times to come

Cheers all

Nick (neokidgeo)

-------------
Neokidgeo

Posted By: TonyElyod
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 6:59pm
Can we have 100% clarity that's it GONE & NOT just down for maintenance...?
Can anyone confirm this please..!!

Thanx..!Thumbs Up

-------------
WHO DARES GINS !!

Posted By: bbz149
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 7:12pm
Could it be down as being backed up?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by bbz149 bbz149 wrote:

Could it be down as being backed up?

Is it normal practice to do this without any notice on the forum, and stick it in maintenance mode?

When I was a member there many years ago, I do not recall that ever happening

If the plug has been pulled after only a short period of closure notice then that sucks for you guys that wanted to get data off - playing devils advocate here, maybe the idea was that you wouldn't be allowed to get your data off?

Hopefully I am wrong and it comes back up, and you can get what you need Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 8:18pm
I wanted to comment on the J+ bashing thing if it was in relation to my post.

I stick by my comment about there being drivel on J+.  I would say exactly the same about UKVac. 

The point I was making is that you don't want to integrate lots of meaningless conversations that people have on a forum into your database....which I think makes total sense.  Clearly my comment was taken in the wrong way and out of context.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 8:18pm
I don't think it has gone, there was a date given in the original post about its closure giving everyone around a month to conclude any deals and tidy up affairs. Which was I think the end of this month.  Like suggested above, its likely just getting some maintance or perhaps back up. (I hope so anyhow!)

-------------
Wanted: Super Pacman Bezel, Millipede Euro inner Bezel. Small Cabaret Project Cab, Exterminator set up. Always after Millipede/Paperboy/Super Pacman/Outrun/Taito S.I PCBs

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Bensonrad Bensonrad wrote:

I don't think it has gone, there was a date given in the original post about its closure giving everyone around a month to conclude any deals and tidy up affairs. Which was I think the end of this month.  Like suggested above, its likely just getting some maintance or perhaps back up. (I hope so anyhow!)

I hope so dude, but you've got to admit that it's a bit unusual?  No prior warning of taking any backups?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 8:24pm
Both this site and J+ are blocked at my work, so don't get to check the action during the day. Tis odd going into shut down though, I'd be a tad annoyed if it has gone, as had a few deals on the go in my messages on there.

-------------

Posted By: TonyElyod
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 8:30pm
Just been told of this...

"not according to Julian, his last facebook post said "just turned Jamma off" 

GAME ON.............................Thumbs Up

-------------
WHO DARES GINS !!

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 8:34pm
Wow so he has closed it then? Maybe to stop any possible data scrape?

Can anyone else confirm the Facebook post?

-------------

Posted By: ArcadeHacker
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 8:42pm
Announcing a forum shutdown due to lack of resources or time, yet not letting others take over is pure psychopath behavior. 

-------------
Looking for the following board: Taito Chack'n Pop

Posted By: robotech
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 8:47pm
Shame if all of the good information is
Lost the pandoras box hacking thread was a good read

-------------

Posted By: itruk
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by robotech robotech wrote:

Shame if all of the good information is
Lost the pandoras box hacking thread was a good read

Best start Google caching what you can think of before it disappears Confused

Posted By: zapiy
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:02pm
I offered to take the site over lock, stock and barrel and would happily give ut back to him in the future if he wanted to come back..

I have ran forums for years and rescued a fair few so I would have loved to sort this out and work closer with you guys..

Shame.

-------------
http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk" rel="nofollow - Retro Video Gamer
http://www.maturevideogamer.co.uk" rel="nofollow - Mature Video Gamer

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:05pm
What was his response?

-------------

Posted By: Franzy21
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:11pm
Looks like scorched earth policy to me. Dead
Hope I'm wrong tho.

-------------
Dreaming of a Namco Galaxian waiting for me in a barn...

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:23pm
Not had one mate, I also made contact via twitter but so far I have heard nothing, Is anyone in contact with him on Facebook?

-------------

Posted By: Ace`
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:23pm
Rumour was he was looking to sell it so all these take over / backup messages were probably ignored unless £££ was part of the deal.

-------------
http://www.ukvac.com/forum/topic353880_post968941.html" rel="nofollow - Wanted PCBs and Parts

http://notinmame.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow - Not In Mame

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:24pm
I could have looked into that as well.

If thats still on the cards can we get in contact with him?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:35pm
As far as I am aware he wanted £2000 or thereabouts and a legally binding solicitor agreement on what you could and couldn't do with the site, including who could and couldn't participate. For the years I have known him you are better off walking away - it won't be worth the pain.

-------------

Posted By: jugemscloud
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:38pm
it was always a power/egotism thing with dsyde, just further evidence that by not allowing community generated information to be backed up and shared elsewhere; it wasn't about the community, games or information but for the purpose of him being a visible/perpetually acknowledged figure of reverence/importance online and in the uk arcade community. 

and the sale caveat of his ban hammer perpetuating through legal document is probably the most laughable piece of internet pedantry I've ever heard

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:40pm

..... and a legally binding solicitor agreement on what you could and couldn't do with the site, including who could and couldn't participate.

Total lunacy.

I can't imagine why I left (sorry, was banned, after I stopped posting there and started posting here).

-------------
It's only original once.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:40pm
Bloody hell.

£2k is a lot, I might consider it but no conditions.

-------------

Posted By: ColinD
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:49pm
The Good Ship Jamma+ has been sailing around for a while but the captain has decided to retire from active duty, didn't manage to get a decent price for his ship, so finally decided to scuttle it...  A number of small boats and ships including Ukvac have pulled up alongside offering a rescue plan but the captain has decided to go down with his ship taking whatever crew remain and all the many passengers down with him.  That's a bit of a selfish act if you ask me, but that's just my opinion , this is how I see it.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:59pm
It could just be me, but.. I could see the 1000+ member Jammaplus facebook page earlier today and now it's gone. Gone for anyone else also? I wasn't a member of it - but anyone that was can you still see it?

-------------

Posted By: Ace`
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 10:05pm

including who could and couldn't participate.

That's hilarious.

I think one forum makes more sense anyway for such a small community. I can see this being a good thing in the long run.

-------------
http://www.ukvac.com/forum/topic353880_post968941.html" rel="nofollow - Wanted PCBs and Parts

http://notinmame.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow - Not In Mame

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 10:05pm
No, it's gone. Ouch

Posted By: Carvaletingpro
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 10:09pm
Thats it good night J+

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 10:11pm
J+ Ying Yang

-------------
It's only original once.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 10:11pm

Posted By: backflipper
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 10:21pm

Haha brilliant

Posted By: AnDyC
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 10:21pm

Haha neat.

-------------
Mwahahaha

Posted By: backflipper
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 10:24pm
Julian shame on you. The content was created by the members.
Fear not UKVACCERS all of the intellectual property is with the members right here.
UKVAC does not discriminate, we all actually meet up in person and share our knowledge.
Welcome all ye who have been jetisoned from the mad captain.

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 10:28pm
Yeah, I expected better of Julian. Piss-poor. Confused

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by karlcdoe karlcdoe wrote:

There *was* some great stuff on there, including, funnily enough, some information n the space harrier motor drive board which is a current project

Yes, it was a useful thread on there. All good bits copied though .
If it is an act of pettiness, then at least most of the knowledge will live on in people's brains and eventually make its way onto here, just takes a bit longer than Google to find stuff out when it's stored that way

-------------

Posted By: iamjimmi
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 10:31pm
It's not ideal, but you have a chance of finding "lost" threads here

https://web.archive.org/web/*/www.jammaplus.co.uk" rel="nofollow - Wayback Machine

Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 10:40pm
shame how it seems to have ended at J+
       well hopefully more nice J+ folks will show up here.   (send out the chopper!)   Thumbs Up

Posted By: bomjac
Date Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 10:57pm
The Irony

NEVER GAME OVER !

Print Page | Close Window